Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

On FFXI, the new Ultimate Edition and existing accounts

DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I'm not sure of exact fees anymore but 1 month of service + abyssea + three moogle stories = more than $20.00 I'm sure right? (Froogle'ing Abyssea hasn't worked well.).

So if I purchase a UEdition, can I attatch it to my existing account (I haven't played it in years but a friend has been) just have all the new content + free month?

How does that work or will it start me over with a blank slate/no characters?

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

Comments

• ZinefriZinefri Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Deathofsage

I'm not sure of exact fees anymore but 1 month of service + abyssea + three moogle stories = more than $20.00 I'm sure right? (Froogle'ing Abyssea hasn't worked well.).

So if I purchase a UEdition, can I attatch it to my existing account (I haven't played it in years but a friend has been) just have all the new content + free month?

How does that work or will it start me over with a blank slate/no characters?

Until now the Abyssea addons had only been purchasable through Playonline as a one time fee of $10. So all three Abyssea addons came out to $30 but now the entire game with everything is even less than that in this collection :D

How it works is that when you purchase the collection you will get a code to unlock the content. It used to be each individual expansion and addon had its own code to unlock, but now with collections they supply one single code that unlocks everything when used. So you cannot for example pick and choose to activate only expansions you don't have, while giving codes you do have to friends. It's all one shot.

IF you use up the code on an existing account it simply registers and unlocks all the expansion/addon content you hadn't previously owned. Your account characters don't change and you don't recieve a 30 day free trial period. That's only for brand new accounts.

There's also a bonus item Chocobo hat, and I'm honestly not sure if that unlocks within the same code as the content or if it's a unique seperate code to redeem it.