Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: Return to Hyboria Part 1

13»

Comments

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I just got a "play the rest of the month free" email, so I'm gonna go check it out.  curious about the graphics revamp and if my sword will actually stay in my hand while I'm playing.

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

yeah, logged on last night with the free playtime and my main was there. Got a bit confused playing a high lvl,  so i spent a couple of hours in Tortage to get the game back in the fingers again. 

Also I had to set up a new UI Mod again. All in all it takes some time before one starts to play "for real"

Plenty of folks on EU Fury btw. 

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824

In my eyes this was the MMO that tried hardest for true greatness since WoW. But a lack of mid level content, PvP issues and bugs let it down.

It is still the MMO with the best graphics out there, I understand the problems with mid level content have been adressed but not sure that PvP issues or the bugs have been.

• vaelen77vaelen77 Member Posts: 2

Hello.

I'm a hardcore AoC player, and would just say that this game is not worth trying for you new people.

There is so much broken gameplay at End-Game that it will frustrate you into smash your computer eventually.

Just to mention a few things:

1) PvP... What PvP??? 5 minigames, where most games get broken because of players that get tired of untouchable Soliders in Full Plate Armor that wreak havoc on the rest, so that they either leave game or just stand AFK. (Soliders do more DPS then the DPS classes.)

2) Grindhell v.1. 1 rare item cost 200 rare trophy, and you get on average 2 rare trophy in the Solodungeon that you can do once every 20 hours. If you are able to get a group to do a HM instance, this will also give you 2 rares on average. I've played on a character for 8 months now, and have only been able to get 124 rares. This taken into account, it will take me 3 years to gain 2 items.

3: Grindhell v.2 : Alternative Advancement : What a joke... Its calculated that in order to complete it by Timetraining, it will take 5-6 years before the most important skills are fully trained. You will be able to gain some points for doing quest, but these are so silly low that leveling once in AA will perhaps take 3-4 gaming sessions. (3-4 game days)

A good advice, stay out until they fix these problems.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Originally posted by Arakane

While the comments I have read here regarding post-tortage do make me wonder how that will be I suppose I will be content waiting for the next installment from the reviewer here . I am having a blast running through Tortage at present and feel myself leaning more & more to subbing-up. Cheers ! :)

If you love Tortage, you are going to *hate* the rest of the game.  Good luck with that though!

I have seen people saying this over and over and it is just stupid!

The game beyond level 20 is exactly the same as the first 20 levels in Tortage!

The only difference is that the voice overs diminish to a handfew quests, that's all!

If people spend just a few seconds more into actually reading quest dialogs, they will find out that quite a lot of quest chains actually have quite a good story!

The problems the game still has is mostly Endgame related atm. But the road the level 80 itself is an enjoyable experience.

• zcainzcain Member Posts: 1

Hardcore aoc player that have 124 rares for 8 months??? cmon dude thats pathetic. Please dont bashing the game because your inabilty to play the game. i am normal player and have 2 or 3 full epic sets on 3 my chars. Around 6 months. I advice you to try and learn to play this game and you might have some fun.

Still, Aoc is one of the best games around, have best graphics, combat system and offers higher level of chalenge in comparation to other mmos. A good advice, get it now and you wont regeret. especialy if you up for chalenges ^^

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I've been wondering if the same people complaining that AOC is crap because it doesn't have voiceovers after Tortage...If they are the same people bitching because SW:TOR puts so much mention to the fact that their game will be 100% voiced?

It wouldn't surprise me because in MMO land..you're damned if you do...damned if you don't.

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

You should be very careful with subscribing to a funcom game these days. They do not allow you to cancel again. The only way to stop a subscription is to delete your credit card info or block payments to funcom.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830

Bull- if that happens you contact their live chat support or call them. Even SOE just refunded me....

• wmbyrnewmbyrne Member Posts: 35

Thieves and liars, they send you an email saying it’s free to comeback and look around then hit you up for a monthly fee... never

• phil_jamesphil_james EverQuest II ReporterMember Posts: 32

Originally posted by wmbyrne

Thieves and liars, they send you an email saying it’s free to comeback and look around then hit you up for a monthly fee... never

This happened to me a while ago.  I received an email offering me a free welcome back period.  I downloaded the game, but didn't get around to playing.  A while later I found out that they had reactivated my subscription for me.  I'm pretty sure they concealed this fact in the EULA but who really reads that.  I'm pretty sure they were banking (literally) on the fact that people don't read the terms and conditions.

Anyway, I can't stay mad for ever.  I'd have spent that money long ago by now anyway, probably on chocolate or something.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Shame about AoC.  It had some really good ideas and could have become as big as wow if they got it right, but the release was a disaster and the game was barely playable outside of Tortage due to missing/broken content and many bugs.  It has improved a lot over the years, but it just lacks something.

We need a new #1 MMO, wow is bleeding subscribers and seems to be going downhill fast thanks to activision.  I'm pinning my hopes on Bioware with ToR :/

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Don't be so naive, it could never be as big as WoW. AoC is a well supported game at the moment, it receives regular updates, soon they'll probably announce second expansion, and it might turn into F2P with additional wave of attention - the future is quite bright for AoC.

REALITY CHECK

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

Yeah, the upcoming f2p has made me download the client again. I have been on a prolonged break due to irl responsebilities, but without the monthly subscribtion I can justify the casual gaming. I admit missing the atmosphere of this game.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop