Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still on track for Open Beta on May 18?

Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

Last I heard, Open Beta is supposed to start on the 18th. That may have been untrue in the first place but just in case it was true, I just wanted to make sure it's still on schedule.

Comments

• fallonfallonfallonfallon Member Posts: 99

i hope so!

Im tired of these slow paced mmorpg's..Im ready for some shootem up in your face action!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by fallonfallon

i hope so!

Im tired of these slow paced mmorpg's..Im ready for some shootem up in your face action!

Have you tried Vindictus, Global Agenda, Darkfall and DCU? There are already plenty of action MMOS out there.

yes ive played DCUO..it was fun for a couple months..ive never played APB. It looks like fun!

I hated Darkfall ! Plus Darkfall is not really shootem up type game and neither is DCUO.

DL microvolts now ..maybe i can have fun with that for  day till APB.

but hey thnx for lookin out and recomending some games.

stupid At&t dsl..lol

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by fallonfallon
    i hope so!
    Have you tried Vindictus, Global Agenda, Darkfall and DCU? There are already plenty of action MMOS out there.

Vindictus has gender-locked classes which is a no-no. Also, when I played, it was too laggy.

Global Agenda is too laggy to play and the PvE feels weird (I can't quite place my finger on it).

Darkfall is P2P and I've heard it's grindy, among other negative things. Action + Grindy = OW MY HAND

DCUO is quickly failing for supposedly good reasons. I don't know if any of the reasons are true first-hand, but there are several obvious indications that they are true such as servers merging and the majority of the community constantly hating on it.

I played APB back when it was under RTW and I think it had great potential if RTW ever bothered to patch it, which they never did, of course it failed. Now that it has been patched and will probably continue to be patched even during Open Beta, I'm really excited.

I'll just play Mount&Blade or something to waste time until wednesday. Heck, it's already 4 hours into the 17th and I haven't even slept yet. I just don't want to be twiddling my thumbs all day tomorrow only to find out that I was lied to about the 18th or Open Beta was pushed back another 2 weeks.

• YarielrmYarielrm Member Posts: 5

i've been waiting for this game for a while now and im not playing any other game so id be putting all my time into this game and im hoping to start playing today when's open beta?

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

So it turns out that whoever said May 18th in a different thread (I can't remember who or which thread) was full of "horse-hockey". Shame on them for leading me astray.

Oh well, the games that were released yesterday; Fable 3, L.A. Noire, and The Witcher 2 will keep me plenty busy waiting for this mediocre game to come into open beta.

if open beta isnt coming out today can someone from the developers atleast tell us its postponed so we wont have to check every 5mins its already 7:30 eastern time

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by Yarielrm

if open beta isnt coming out today can someone from the developers atleast tell us its postponed so we wont have to check every 5mins its already 7:30 eastern time

The devs did tell us it's postponed today.  http://apbreloaded.blogspot.com/2011/05/open-beta-on-temporary-hold-while-we.html

• TemeritTemerit Member Posts: 27

check the website, the open beta was delayed because of a bug.

[Mod Edit]

cant they continue patching and fixing bugs during open beta?

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234

Not this paticular bug. It's causing players in groups to disconnect after 1 to 2 hours. However they applyed a closed beta patch erlier. It seems to have stoped 50% of the cases they are finding but its still happenning half as much. If they let this go open beta and it wasnt fixed. Youd see the same people asking over and over whens open beta complaining instead saying things like: Why did they take this to open beta in this state. And other qq statements. Relax and enjoy a better product.

yea your right and after looking through the forums i realized that i didnt even download the game and im downloading it now thanks