Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: The Factional Rundown

Comments

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

"In terms of the game itself, it seems that you'll be able to play together and quest together with members of the opposite faction"

Ugh, lame.  "We are enemies but we can quest together.  I might even give you information about my fellow sides location."

"By the way, is it ok if I kill you?  I wouldn't want to make you mad even though you are my enemy.  I might not get invited to groups to quest again."

I find this incredibly disheartening :(, hopes for some kind of daoc style set-up is nearly out the window. (Though I understand that this isn't any kind of daoc clone, just the 3 "sides" had me hoping)

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Originally posted by vesuvias

Hmmm I just don't understand how you can read this:

Their whole existence is founded on the principle of looting and plundering the many mysteries of heaven, hell, and the mortal realm.  They will exploit every advantage they can in the search of power and wealth.  There’s no honor or rules… there’s only the pursuit of the shiny.

And not associate that faction with pure evil. Of course I biased towards a Templar (because I am not a narcissitic sociopath :)). Not a big fan of the "end justifies the means" philosphy but at least they are in it for the good of humanity.

They talk about doing anything for wealth (of knowledge and power). That may include murder and whatever else could be considered evil, but it doesn't say that they enjoy killing people or eating children. There's a big difference to me. Many soldiers will do whatever they are told, even if it means torturing or killing people. I do not always consider them evil for doing so.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
  • rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

I'm liking the Drong faction. I've long though that secrect socities operated soley on the strong silent, patience pays off mojo. 

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by rpgalon

no faction is evil or good, all are gray, that is what they are aiming for.

what is interesting is that, pools have shown an almost equal distribuition between the facs

Illuminati here

Their whole existence is founded on the principle of looting and plundering the many mysteries of heaven, hell, and the mortal realm.  They will exploit every advantage they can in the search of power and wealth.  There’s no honor or rules… there’s only the pursuit of the shiny.

And not associate that faction with pure evil. Of course I biased towards a Templar (because I am not a narcissitic sociopath :)). Not a big fan of the "end justifies the means" philosphy but at least they are in it for the good of humanity.

the OP is exagerating,

look the official description (the same MMOMaverick posted)

the Illuminati just believe in the survival of the fittest, they are not THAT bad.

• tomwoditomwodi Member Posts: 49

Dragon FTW! Live and let die.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by Palebane

They talk about doing anything for wealth (of knowledge and power). That may include murder and whatever else could be considered evil, but it doesn't say that they enjoy killing people or eating children. There's a big difference to me. Many soldiers will do whatever they are told, even if it means torturing or killing people. I do not always consider them evil for doing so.

This ^^

Being self serving isn't evil any more than it isn't good.

The Illuminati don't go around pushing down old ladies and kicking kittens...

...unless said old ladies and kittens are hiding ancient arcane secrets :)

• vesuviasvesuvias Member UncommonPosts: 151

Originally posted by Siris23

Originally posted by Palebane

This ^^

Being self serving isn't evil any more than it isn't good.

The Illuminati don't go around pushing down old ladies and kicking kittens...

...unless said old ladies and kittens are hiding ancient arcane secrets :)

*shrug* I disagree, being self-serving at the expense of others is precisely how I would define evil. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

easily Templar

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TithenonTithenon Member UncommonPosts: 113

I am a Templar.  I actually did take the online test and found myself so squarely in the Templar court I don't believe I would have found a better mix if there were only one faction mixed from the rules of all three in TSW.  I hate to admit this, because I believe SWTOR is going to be such an amazing game, but I'm actually waiting more for TSW than SWTOR.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Dragon appeals to me the most, but I keep getting Illuminati on Funcom's test. Illuminati has a certain appeal also, but I don't see myself as cutthroat or ambitious. Templars interest me not at all. They are too inflexible. That which does not bend, breaks.

• ROFLsaurusROFLsaurus Member UncommonPosts: 19

I wish they had chosen a different name for The Illuninati. They don't share anything in common with what the real Illuminati stood for. Creative license is great and everything but it's kind of like putting Nazis in something but saying they are peacefull care free protectors of nature.... just doesn't fit.

imageI am the ROFLsaurus I go RAWR!!!image

• DayzonDayzon Member UncommonPosts: 55

You may not be able to switch sides with your character, so choose well.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Dragon all the way.  I even knew that would be what I would "test" as on the site.  I'm thrilled with that because it's the faction that best reflects my own personal feelings, I think.  Of course, I'm all for anything that ISN'T the frigging Illuminati, so....Templars are cool too. To me, the Illuminati is the sum of all things evil and I will happily fight against them. On the other hand, the religious folks can get out of balance too, so I won't have any problem fighting those Templars either. lol  Yin yang, people...yin yang.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by chikso

I drop by the forums sometimes and I think there are many more dragons than the other 2 factions.

It's a conspiracy! image

They rigged the test so that 60% would end up with Dragon outcome, only the staunchest Illuminati and most dedicated to the cause Templars would end up with 1 of those as outcome, everyone in the middle or less certain ended up with Dragon as outcome. Don't follow blindly the test!    

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

The Dragons sounds like Assassins from the Assassin's Creed xD

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

I am a NINJA!!

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Templars if they have some interesting references back to the Crusades etc. That period of history is very interesting.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

I want to try each faction-see which one works best-half the fun of a new game!

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I'm a Dragon I tell you! That's what that personality quiz says anyway. Who am I to argue?:)

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

If you dont know what you are they used to and I believe still have a quiz on their website that will tell you what society you belong to after several questions.  i turned out to be a Templar, seems I just want to be evil but I cant.

• NervesNerves Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Dragim

"In terms of the game itself, it seems that you'll be able to play together and quest together with members of the opposite faction"

Ugh, lame.  "We are enemies but we can quest together.  I might even give you information about my fellow sides location."

"By the way, is it ok if I kill you?  I wouldn't want to make you mad even though you are my enemy.  I might not get invited to groups to quest again."

I find this incredibly disheartening :(, hopes for some kind of daoc style set-up is nearly out the window. (Though I understand that this isn't any kind of daoc clone, just the 3 "sides" had me hoping)

The idea is that all three have it in their best interest to neutralize any dangerous threat, and it is each faction's best interests to keep the secret world - secret.  PvP will be some minigames, as well as (most assume at least) an open PvP area.

• Hekate27Hekate27 Member Posts: 47

*sighs* I did the test and come out Dragon, I mean I hate people telling me what to do, I am a Pagan, I like the whole mystical approach to this life and the next and the next.  But I love the outfits of the Templars, that red and white look in a figure hugging short jacket I mean there is some style there.  Ahhhhh decisions decisions.

And yes I was a Fallen Earth Lightbearer.

Do what thou wilt, and harm ye none. - Witches Rede

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

I tested out as an Illuminati.  ... no surprise to me.  I also tested as Ravenclaw on just about every Harry Potter test ever.

That's just the kind of person I am.

I'm pretty glad I'm not a Dragon though.  I'm already a stereotypical token Asian in real life, I don't need to be the stereotypical token Asian in a video game. :<

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

I've taken that test a few times months apart and have had different answers each time, I have DID I tell ya! I recently watched supernatural all the way through and after reading this thread went and filled it out again  and now I don't know how to answer any of the questions.

Where's the fickle and pliable minded faction?

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”