Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: May Screens #2

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Welcome to the second May installment of our continuing series, TERA Tuesday. MMORPG.com has partnered with TERA devs and En Masse to bring you the best TERA screens on the Net. This week, we feature three action-packed screenshots that show off melee attacks, fiery spells and combat effects. Check them out in our May TERA Screens #2 feature.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

While I like the look of the game, I just can't get excited about screenshots for a game that I know is already live in another part of the world, and has been live for several months now.  I was hoping we'd be getting a lot more information on actual gameplay.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• mattic65mattic65 Member UncommonPosts: 191

I agree, Rohn...it's to the point now where I'm not interested in screen shots, tired of the tiny tidbits of info they throw the community, and generally tired of hearing about it in its entirety. Either release the damn game, or give us more info than two or three screen shots.

It's almost like having a friend who just bought a new Ferrari, shows you pictures of it, and occasionally tells you how awesome it is. But you never get to see it in person...

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

I like a lot about this game, and overall I do not even mind the Asian/anime style, but I just frigging *hate* the huge weapons. I will probably check out the title anyway...but uggh.

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

yes. it is getting old.  C'mone blue hole, lets get to work. you are killing us slowly

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Naral

I like a lot about this game, and overall I do not even mind the Asian/anime style, but I just frigging *hate* the huge weapons. I will probably check out the title anyway...but uggh.

[Mod Edit]

I really hate large freaking weapons, and the stupid weapon effects all the magic light that creates those lines might get to bad with lots of players swinging on the same screen, hopefully they put in a graphics option to turn that stuff off. But the big weapons are ridiculous.

• HornitosHornitos Member Posts: 38

but... the huge weapons ARE the Asian/anime style.  That's like saying you like cartoons but not the animated ones

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132

I tell you one thing, EME is getting ansy with the community, now that people are complaining about seeing nothing but prettied up screen shots. I'm seeing posts on the facebook page being deleted and people being "unfriended" form the Tera Facebook page. People are complaining and now are getting banned, really classy EME.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

I am not a fan of the grossly oversized weapons that turn up in Eastern Influenced MMO's, they look rediculous and are distracting. Larger than life as we see in anime is one thing but the weapons in these screenshots are rediculously huge to the point where the hilts on the daggers/short swords ? of the character in the rigth of the bottom screenshot are as thick as her arm and almost as long as the character is tall....

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

I tell you one thing, EME is getting ansy with the community, now that people are complaining about seeing nothing but prettied up screen shots. I'm seeing posts on the facebook page being deleted and people being "unfriended" form the Tera Facebook page. People are complaining and now are getting banned, really classy EME.

I don't follow the game via facebook so I really don't care about that part of it, but it has been quite calm "community wise" one the official forums.  That is were the main fan base is located and they understand that the game is not ready yet,  sure they want the game to launch now but they can wait if it means a better game if they do.  (I don't seem to recall seeing you on the official forums NameWasTaken, what is your forum name there?)

It's funny that no one is complaining about only seeing screenshots from GW2 & TOR, but when it comes to Tera people get up in arms!!  

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• darlok6666darlok6666 Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by bezado

[Mod Edit]

I really hate large freaking weapons, and the stupid weapon effects all the magic light that creates those lines might get to bad with lots of players swinging on the same screen, hopefully they put in a graphics option to turn that stuff off. But the big weapons are ridiculous.

Same...everytime I see a vastly oversized weapon that defies gravity Cloud always pops in my mind...

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

true ihate seing lot of lihgt nd efect in the skill (rift) wish in pvp is troublesome and cant really let u c whats happening..

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by dadante666

true ihate seing lot of lihgt nd efect in the skill (rift) wish in pvp is troublesome and cant really let u c whats happening..

Yeah. Same with terrible spelling; it can't really let you see what's written.

• rainwoofrainwoof Member Posts: 11

this screenshot news are boring, we need release finally -_-

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I agree with you on that one Rohn...This game is just a tease..STOP all of the damn screenies and show us actual gameplay...DUH??!!