Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Others who can comment on this game ?

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I look forward to your comments.

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Mike B did a review of this game last week, here's the link:  http://www.zam.com/bffreport.html?bffreport=65

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

thats a video for requiem. Do not play requiem..its a dieing game that rarely gets any type of update.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by fatboy21007

thats a video for requiem. Do not play requiem..its a dieing game that rarely gets any type of update.

haha, my bad I misread the title....sorry.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Yeah I tried it out till level 20. It's got good and bad aspects to it. I'll list what I did and did not like.

Liked:

1. 3 way RvR system. The concept itself is the way RvR games should be.

2. Good community. At least the ones I met were friendly, and I found a pickup group of players and we grinded till level 20. (After which I quit.)

3. Simple yet customizable class system. Only 3 classes, but they have lots of variety in customizable skill selections. Which likely makes the pvp rather balanced at max level.

Disliked:

1. Very dated graphics. I'm not a graphics guy that must have state-of-the-art graphics to enjoy a game. But these are really really old. Compare it to a first generation PS2 rpg.

2. Truely awful animations. Now animations matter a hell of a lot more than graphics to me. And these are quite bad.

3. Low population in beginner areas. In a total of around 12 hours playing I saw 12 people total. 2 of which were max level characters running by the HUB.

4. It'll take you months and months and months to hit cap. And sadly your useless in pvp before your almost at cap. So expect a LOT of solo grinding (Unless your lucky enough to find someone to play with.) for almost half a year before you get to the good part of the game. (Note I did not ever get there, this statement is based off my mathimatical predictions of xp to level as well as other player's accounts of how long it took them to grind it.)

5. This is entirely a personal preference, but was a big factor as to why I quit. The buffs/summons/duration spells in the game are short as hell. Most last less than 30sec. Such as summoning imps to defend you last I believe 9 or 12 seconds. They are half way over before they reach the enemy. And also buffs do not display on allies. I had no idea how long my 3min buff on my friend had left on it. It was very fustrating.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Thanks for the insights.IF any of you have other suggestions for rvr...other than DAOC...please let me know.

• ZoterixZoterix Member Posts: 20

If you hate grinding from the bottom of your heart dont touch this game, because thats the way how this game makes money (xp boosters) and IMHO better then the most of pay to win F2P games. Sure you can enhance items via item shop here too, but to be honest I never saw or felt that it makes someone OP or anything, surely great weapons on great player + enhanced can make diference, but this is a RvR game where you fight in groups and you die in groups so one player cannot change the game. Also for grinding what is the worst part of the game... getting to lvl 30 is  realy easy and after you will do only two thinks : grind/war. You will grind even after lvl 60, because you drop items and you can sell or trade them, expecialy the epic, magical ones and this is how you get all of your gear. Also you get some expy from killing enemy players too and as I said from lvl 30 the game starts for you in warzone.This is not an "end game" feauture, its even the worste think you can do when you start pvp from lvl 60 a lvl 45 player will be more usefull then you,  there is a big range of lvls involed in wars so dont worry, sure you wil die A LOT at first, but if you will play with your head it will get better. There is no crafting, housing, dungeons, arena (well there is one free for all, but nothing instanced, just "friendly fire" enabled inside), also each realm have one dragon and one boss in WZ, so you can attack other realm bosses (2 of them not counting your own), but you will find enough problems to kill your own... The game lacks of feautures and its developed slowly, but after I tried most of the "top" F2P games, I just returned back, because only think I want is fight for forts, knocking the gates, stealing other realm gems and fighting for glory and my clanmates :) and I dont need anything else.

And if you just wanna try here is the list of lvling dificulty from easiest to hardest :

1. Conjuer (easiest, mages in general are easy for solo lvling)

2. Barbs (you kill fast, and if you find a conju for ur self, it will be a boost for both)

3. Warlock (its ok just watch your hp)

4. Marksman, Hunter (dunno since the new update but somewehre in the middle)

5 Knight ( IMHO very boring, takes ages, dont touch that XD, but people who got them says there is nothing better, but is sick and hard...)

But as a sugestion, if you dont like Regnum check out Aika it was good before untill they didnt shutted down the global server, dunno now, but Gpotato isnt my favourite publisher and I can imagine in what that game will turn in (Aloods online after CBT :(  )

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by Zoterix

If you hate grinding from the bottom of your heart dont touch this game, because thats the way how this game makes money (xp boosters) and IMHO better then the most of pay to win F2P games. Sure you can enhance items via item shop here too, but to be honest I never saw or felt that it makes someone OP or anything, surely great weapons on great player + enhanced can make diference, but this is a RvR game where you fight in groups and you die in groups so one player cannot change the game. Also for grinding what is the worst part of the game... getting to lvl 30 is  realy easy and after you will do only two thinks : grind/war. You will grind even after lvl 60, because you drop items and you can sell or trade them, expecialy the epic, magical ones and this is how you get all of your gear. Also you get some expy from killing enemy players too and as I said from lvl 30 the game starts for you in warzone.This is not an "end game" feauture, its even the worste think you can do when you start pvp from lvl 60 a lvl 45 player will be more usefull then you,  there is a big range of lvls involed in wars so dont worry, sure you wil die A LOT at first, but if you will play with your head it will get better. There is no crafting, housing, dungeons, arena (well there is one free for all, but nothing instanced, just "friendly fire" enabled inside), also each realm have one dragon and one boss in WZ, so you can attack other realm bosses (2 of them not counting your own), but you will find enough problems to kill your own... The game lacks of feautures and its developed slowly, but after I tried most of the "top" F2P games, I just returned back, because only think I want is fight for forts, knocking the gates, stealing other realm gems and fighting for glory and my clanmates :) and I dont need anything else.

And if you just wanna try here is the list of lvling dificulty from easiest to hardest :

1. Conjuer (easiest, mages in general are easy for solo lvling)

2. Barbs (you kill fast, and if you find a conju for ur self, it will be a boost for both)

3. Warlock (its ok just watch your hp)

4. Marksman, Hunter (dunno since the new update but somewehre in the middle)

5 Knight ( IMHO very boring, takes ages, dont touch that XD, but people who got them says there is nothing better, but is sick and hard...)

But as a sugestion, if you dont like Regnum check out Aika it was good before untill they didnt shutted down the global server, dunno now, but Gpotato isnt my favourite publisher and I can imagine in what that game will turn in (Aloods online after CBT :(  )

Mostly true. :)

The reason why I say mostly is because the devs seem to fiddle with balance  ALOT.  Its all nerf this, buff that.  If you like playing on quicksand this one is for you :P

As to the rest, there is nothing to do other than grind, run fedex quests and commit genocide on a variety of mobs.  Zoterix is partially correct about the warzone insofar as lev 30 is when you go there.  When you stop getting minced is a completely different matter.  Try closer to 50+ which can be a nad ache to achieve.

Couple the above with crappy net code and game mechanics Regnum is for the majority tolerable for only a few levels hence its low population. 

As to instances, dungeons, crafting etc...don't hold your breath.  It states on the sites forum that

a) They have no plans for crafting despite the fact you can fill your inventory with all kinds of materials.

b)The engine is not capable of doing instances, dungeons etc.

c)Non of the above are on the cards anyway as they are concerned mainly with RVR.

Give it a go by all means and decide for yourself, but be warned there are other games out there that do it better with more to offer.