Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Up: Client GFX Optimization

CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

I thought this was worth sharing as client GFX performance is the primary issue plaguing this game at the moment; the client currently pushes awful framerates.  I mean, it's bearable if you're computer doesn't suck but it needs a hell a lot of work.  I'm glad they finally acknowledged and will be addressing one of the game's most pressing issues.

Developer Information Week 02-06 MAY 2011

Posted By:  Ostiak

Dear Earthrise Players,

The long wait for a new patch is finally over. We plan to release an update of the Earthrise client by the end of this week, or early next week at latest. The new patch will feature:

- Fixed the inventory stacking bug, when players were using the bank

- Improved shadows – shadows will be more optimized and will look better

- Fixed party experience bug, which was giving incorrect battle points to party members

- Monsters will no longer shoot through walls and obstacles

- Gameplay and game design updates and balance

We will keep working on the territorial warfare and will start working on the following roadmap features:

- Improved chat window with customizable tabs, font and messages.

- Friends/ignore list.

Based on your feedback, we have decided to delay the rest of the roadmap features and start work on improving the graphical performance of Earthrise. We are also working on improving the network performance when the territorial warfare is released.

Due to changes in our priority list you can expect delay of some roadmap features such as vehicles, inverse kinematics, quest hints on the minimap and item painting. Our expectations are that you will see them in game in June/July 2011.

Originally posted here.

Comments

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

The really sad thing about all those things they wanna fix is, that they're all of the kind that should've been fixed during beta allready.

They shouldn't charge for the game - and apparently they've started charging now - and do a re-release with full server-wipe ofc in a few month once they've fixed their engine (clients, netcode, servers) and game-mechanics.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

I like how Ostiak uses "we" instead of "i", that loser still pretending to have a team.

• pishmanpishman Member Posts: 4

imageimageimage

• Valas71Valas71 Member Posts: 9

yeah whats killing the game for me is the 20 FPS at best in the starting camp and beach area , all i can do is grind battle points with pve while waiting for client gfx optimization , i wouldn't stand 5 seconds in PvP or team PvP with my FPS

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file