Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame with Pet Class(es)

skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Alright, I've burned out on Rift and now I'm looking for a game with the following:

Good pet classes. I like running around with companions, the more options the better.

PvE focused.

Decent graphics/controls/UI. Doesn't have to be bleeding edge but preferably not looking like Minecraft!

Decent population. Doesn't have to be crawling with people, but I don't want to feel alone.

Other than that, I'm open to suggestions.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Comments

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

I think I'll be watching this thread as well... I've always enjoyed having a good pet.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I loved eteher saga when I played it for the pet system it's a very good one in my opinion.

All pets get a rank and type of stats when you capture them while it may be a bit of annoying you can find various players capturing monsters and selling them in stalls if you prefer doing it this way.

There's a lot of monsters and they all have ups and downs (Race types makes them strong against x race but weak against y race)

Apart of that game maybe you could try Monster Forest which is a turned based action game with you and various pets you capture throughout the game I really want to download this game and try it out sometimes)

http://mmohuts.com/review/monster-forest

Only problem I saw is that the game is hosted in singapore and I haven't tried it myself but it may affect your ping.

That's all I remember atm hope you find one game you like! I also love games with pet systems (Were it focuses on them not an afterthought)

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606

I know of only one MMO were you can have an insane number of pets and have them be persistant. (Not limited duration.) And thats Champions Online. I currently have a character named summoner that has "12" active pets all at the same time following me everywhere. And each is stronger than the average "tough" npc. I literally just click a target and press "attack" and watch the lightshow. And with bosses you have to resummon them after they die, so there is still challenging fights.

My only complaint is that the game itself is rather boring, and has no direction to it. The characters you make are tons of fun. But the quest/missions are rather poor. So it's a trade off. And the only reason the game isn't that popular. I'll add a screenshot below in a few minutes to show what it's like.

PS: Forgot to add you "DO" have to have a gold subscription to make the ultimate pet class. Free2play'ers can't make one.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.