Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the world "Lively"

2»

Comments

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

It'll be plenty lively when there's 50 bazillion people playing it.

And there will be.

Yesum!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

If they can create scense like this, i feel the worlds will feel very lively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrqRD3M2Klg&feature=related

IT's the bar scene from Mass effect 2.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Originally posted by Swanea

Originally posted by SaintViktor

You probably have to sit there for 10 min listening to all the VO before you go on quests.

In GW2?  Wow I didn't know that, so both games will have that eh?

GW2 has dynamic events, not quests.

That's funny.  I coulda swore I saw a dude talk to an NPC, and get something that looked a LOT like a quest to kill 3 mobs that pop up when you approach a certain area.

Sure, it may have been a precourser to heading to a DE.  It was a quest.  If I get a popup telling me to kill 10 dudes to advance to the next stage of a DE, I call that a quest.  Stage 2 to kill 4 harder dudes is part of a quest chain.  The DE changes after your quest chain is done.  Thus leading to a new quest chain.  But instead of failing and redoing that quest, I am giving a different quest chain.

You can label it anything you want, but that's what it is.  There are quests in GW2.  They are "things to do involving NPCs, causing you to go out and kill/fight/talk/meet somewhere for them".  It's in the videos...

I haven't see a DE that involves looting things (like, let's say, cloth from mobs to help build tents for a town...), but I wouldn't be surprised if looting something was part of it.  A quest!

And Yes, there is plenty of VO in GW2.  Or are you saying the whole "cutscence" in the city was just random and not part of a quest?  The video, which was alpha footage, was the normal GW talking.  Lack of facial movements, rather bland VO.  Not a game breaker by any means nor a game maker if it's the best.  Just bringing up something that hopefully is improved.

Of course, I don't know why this thread is still going when it's been answered already.  I am a troll, so it's allowed. AS FOR THE REST OF YOU, SHAME!

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

Originally posted by whilan

Here's an earlier example of how lively Bioware worlds are.

Here's some footage from Taris in KOTOR 1.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

I don't know how it will be in this game, but i have to say that in every of their game i have been surprised by the extra work made on NPC. But to be honest i didn't play much the few last bioware game, i'm more of the older bioware game up untill NWN.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

The OP's question was answered in like the 3rd or 4th response and he hasnt come back since. What are you guys arguing about now?

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Foomerang

The OP's question was answered in like the 3rd or 4th response and he hasnt come back since. What are you guys arguing about now?

Yep lol

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I dont know, I watched that and it felt very stale, robotic and no pun intended...staged.

Was big open spaces with a few NPC's doing nothing, not even interacting with each other.

Ive been to plenty of bars and nightclubs, a few dance clubs, and more than a few strip clubs, and they were nothing even close to that. That was populated like something out of a low budget Roger Corman movie (Toxic Avenger). You know the one where its only 10 actors in the whole movie and they just change shirts to try and trick us into thinking its diferent people.

I found it almost depressing. And I sure hope they do better than that.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Let's cut out the baiting guys. Thanks.

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

Originally posted by Hokie

I dont know, I watched that and it felt very stale, robotic and no pun intended...staged.

Was big open spaces with a few NPC's doing nothing, not even interacting with each other.

Ive been to plenty of bars and nightclubs, a few dance clubs, and more than a few strip clubs, and they were nothing even close to that. That was populated like something out of a low budget Roger Corman movie (Toxic Avenger). You know the one where its only 10 actors in the whole movie and they just change shirts to try and trick us into thinking its diferent people.

I found it almost depressing. And I sure hope they do better than that.

You know, you do have a point. In those games they did feel like movie extras but it's already been proven through multiple reviews that NPCs in TOR act like they did in Oblivion. They walk around AND randomly chat about stuff. Seems lively enough for me.

[Mod Edit]