Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV creates "Exploit List"says they will actively punish offenders!!!

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

Finally looks like some action on the exploit front!

Today, 15:44

Black Opal vbmenu_register("postmenu_1140067", true);

Community Manager

default Regulations on Exploiting

We are adopting a new set of policies in regards to exploits and how we handle them, please read about it here:

http://www.mortalonline.com/content/...ons-exploiting

Share MO with others

Opal Mini Tracker

Since Mortal Online is a sandbox game, a multitude of features emerge that were not originally intended, however not all of those things are considered exploits, nor are we able to lay down a general rule-set that would allow us to adequately enforce the rules on the server. Therefore we will follow a policy where exploits are explicitly stated, and any further occurrence will be actively punished.

Exploits will be removed from the list once they have been resolved by the developers, and placed in a history list, so that if it is suddenly again possible to do, all players still have reference to what was considered an exploit in the past. It will be up to the players to know and keep themselves up to date as to what is considered an exploit, and a lack of knowledge doesn't alleviate one from punishment. Therefore if you are not sure about a new mechanic, petition a GM to be sure.

I believe this is the first game to ever publish an official list of exploits which are punishable.  Once again, breaking the mold of what has come before!

The current list is small:

Resurrecting through a palisade wall

Climbing a palisade wall

Spamming friend request

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• RuellisRuellis Member Posts: 48

"The Game Master's reserve the right to teleport any player into a dungeon for questioning, or to give a verbal warning to any watch-list player at any time."

Very interesting. Will they build a Guantanamo too?