Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rate your MMO Company

DakrzDakrz Member Posts: 6

Hey guys,

I'm starting my own little research "project" of sorts. I created a survey form on Google Forms and have a few questions I'm hoping members of various online MMO companies can answer. The questions are pretty basic - they range from customer service rankings to what you think of the item malls. 

The survey is only a page long and is short - it should only take a couple of minutes (2~3). Any feedback is appreciated (as long as it is constructive)!

Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/mmorankings.

(If you don't trust tinyurl, here's the direct link - here.)

Comments

• AdvancedTechAdvancedTech Member UncommonPosts: 165

Was going to participate in this, but there is no Riot Games under company!

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

sorry but is this a list of F2P devs? cause alot of good P2P devs arent on there....in which case you will lose about 50% of your voting. Fix the companies on there.

• DakrzDakrz Member Posts: 6

Yeah, I don't have a lot of companies because I can't remember them. Sorry about Riot Games not being on there, going to add them now. I had them on there earlier but I must have accidentally deleted them.

Edit: Riot Games was added - it's at the bottom of the list, I'll have to wait until I do this again to re-alphabatize them.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

what about the big companies?  ccp, turbine, soe,  etc?

Both Turbine and Sony Online are on there - just added CCP.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Why is ArenaNet not on there?

Added. I had NC Soft added, so Arena Net wasn't what I was thinking of. =P

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

While it can be different for each game/developer/publisher who is doing what, i attribute game quality or updates mostly to the developer. They are the ones actually creating that stuff. Even the items in the item mall are done by them, so is the UI of the item mall if it's ingame.

Even customer support is not always the publishers job. For example, in Guild Wars, you literally only need NCSoft if it's related to your NCSoft Master Account. Other games might depend more on the publisher, but most things still come from the developer. If the publisher does things like fixing bugs or creating new content for updates, he's developer, too. Though i don't think it's like this except if the developer is self-publishing anyways, like Valve or Blizzard, or when you can't really tell apart, like with EA or Ubisoft.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

Originally posted by Anireth

While it can be different for each game/developer/publisher who is doing what, i attribute game quality or updates mostly to the developer. They are the ones actually creating that stuff. Even the items in the item mall are done by them, so is the UI of the item mall if it's ingame.

Even customer support is not always the publishers job. For example, in Guild Wars, you literally only need NCSoft if it's related to your NCSoft Master Account. Other games might depend more on the publisher, but most things still come from the developer. If the publisher does things like fixing bugs or creating new content for updates, he's developer, too. Though i don't think it's like this except if the developer is self-publishing anyways, like Valve or Blizzard, or when you can't really tell apart, like with EA or Ubisoft.

When NCSoft completely owns the developer, such as ArenaNet, when they are nothing but a subsidiary, then it really doesn't matter.  NCSoft has the final say on EVERYTHING.

Thanks for the feedback. =P

I understand what you're saying with updates and game quality ~ the way I was leaning with for game quality was if the publisher was purchasing quality games or getting games that are outdated by 10 years and nobody wants to play them anymore. Updates I understand with it being on the developer side (along with qualityof the actual game). 

Thanks.

• AkaroniaAkaronia Member Posts: 138

Hmm well was going to do the survey but I have no idea which was the first Sony game I played that was something like 10 years ago.  I can honestly say that I have tried Blizzard's WoW and ended up on EQ2 as far as MMORPG's go.    Weird how I always preferred the sony console systems and now when I start playing MMOs turn back to Sony lol.

Suppose that says something for them I would think.

• Isamu8597Isamu8597 Member UncommonPosts: 27

Kinda missing Outspark and CyberStep.

It would be nice to have "Other" to be able to fill in missing said MMO company.

• DrSpankyDrSpanky Member Posts: 341

wasn't this already posted? 

It's a proven historical fact that beer saved humankind.