Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP just became more tatical

2»

Comments

• one thing i wonder about is something from the jedi knight class trailer.  in it, she is on tatooine and has a warrior come from behind and inquistor in front.  while facing the inquistor, she points her free hand at the warrior and waves it at him to knock him away and then charges the inquistor.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/jedi-knight

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Maybe theres a skill that attacks targets that are behind you or in a certain radius like in a small area surrounding you?

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• Originally posted by whilan

Maybe theres a skill that attacks targets that are behind you or in a certain radius like in a small area surrounding you?

could be. i just hope it isn't purely for the video because then that means maybe i cant blast warriors in mid air like in the trooper trailer XD

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 571

If someone cant target someone that goes around him and passes through hum then its a player problem and not a design problem....

I can easily hit someone while casting, either follow them all the time or just w8 for the cast to be almost ready and change view very fast to finish it...

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I am on the fence on this. Some 16 year old is just considerable more nimble than me, and thus the new rules put me at a disadvantage in PVP. Expect a lot of lolcoptering. Don't like that.

I hope they make only minimal CC. CC is just the bane of PVP. Nothing is worse than spending minutes in endless fear-stun-mezz lines.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by Elikal

I am on the fence on this. Some 16 year old is just considerable more nimble than me, and thus the new rules put me at a disadvantage in PVP. Expect a lot of lolcoptering. Don't like that.

I hope they make only minimal CC. CC is just the bane of PVP. Nothing is worse than spending minutes in endless fear-stun-mezz lines.

You do have a CC immunity bar which basically everytime a CC is put on you that bar fills up more, once the bar is full your immune to CCs for a period of time. Then the bar empties and it repeats again.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Hiding from your enemy is good and all but only if they can't turn on nameplates. Really a pet-peeve of mine, giant floating names above everything. I turn them off (when the game allows it). Sometimes it's fun to realize there was a beast in the tall grass when it bites your arse instead of knowing it's there from a mile away.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by skeaser

Hiding from your enemy is good and all but only if they can't turn on nameplates. Really a pet-peeve of mine, giant floating names above everything. I turn them off (when the game allows it). Sometimes it's fun to realize there was a beast in the tall grass when it bites your arse instead of knowing it's there from a mile away.

Maybe when you go invis or behind a wall the name plate is disabled. No idea. Guess we'l find out soon.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

All they need to do is make it so if a person gets hit while jumping, they fall down.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Originally posted by Foomerang

All they need to do is make it so if a person gets hit while jumping, they fall down.

Would be interesting to tie that in with force users flying through the air and bounty hunters jet-packing all over the place.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by whilan

Originally posted by skeaser

Maybe when you go invis or behind a wall the name plate is disabled. No idea. Guess we'l find out soon.

I liked how "City Of Heroes" handled stealth in PvP.  You go stealth and no enemy can see anything of you, even nameplates, unless they see through the stealth somehow.  It really helped to make tactics more important all around.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

the crappy, dated combat system is enough for me to not pick up the game. ever. this autofacing/endlessly-running-through-your-opponent garbage is a WoW issue. and WoW i will not play.

Originally posted by sonoggi

the crappy, dated combat system is enough for me to not pick up the game. ever. this autofacing/endlessly-running-through-your-opponent garbage is a WoW issue. and WoW i will not play.

Well all i can say is heres a good place to go then.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

Sure something there will interest you.