Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To reduce costs, Starvault has "decided to cancel the liquidity guarantee"

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

The Board of Star Vault AB (publ) has, in order to reduce its costs, decided to cancel the liquidity guarantee. Star Vaults last day of trading liquidity is 29 April 2011 and the company's first trading day, but liquidity is 2 May 2011.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aktietorget.se%2FNewsItem.aspx%3FID_News%3D58386%26Language%3D2

I just hope this does not impact the launch of the upcoming DAWN expansion which looks likely to revolutionize what we expect from expansions.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Time well spent OP... time well spent.  image

• RuellisRuellis Member Posts: 48

The only real effect of liquidity guarantee as I know is to prevent speculative buyers of the stock interested in buying the shares. And it costs. So I am glad that they finally realised that they have been cheated by their financial advicers.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

Originally posted by Ruellis

So I am glad that they finally realised that they have been cheated by their financial advicers.

Wow.. that is quite an allegation.  Do you have anything to support that?  I would be interested to see what lead to that conclusion.  

Either way let's just hope that this is just a small blip on the radar and not a sign of continued financial struggles.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

The only real effect of liquidity guarantee as I know is to prevent speculative buyers of the stock interested in buying the shares. And it costs. So I am glad that they finally realised that they have been cheated by their financial advicers.

Or SV just suck at running a business?

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

So I am glad that they finally realised that they have been cheated by their financial advicers.

Wow.. that is quite an allegation.  Do you have anything to support that?  I would be interested to see what lead to that conclusion.  

Either way let's just hope that this is just a small blip on the radar and not a sign of continued financial struggles.

Just my speculation, no evidence. If you want to buy stocks and want it to rise you don't like a liquidity guarantor stabilizing the price. In my opionion, many small companies should not maintain the artificial stability of their stocks by paying the guarantor, just let the price fluctuate.

By the way I am not sure if everyone knows what liquidity guarantee means. Put in short: if a compay's stock is traded publicly, it may happen that the interests for the stock is so little, that a there may be no buyer or no seller. The financinal advicer then suggest if you pay us some money and lend us some shares we will always act both as buyer and seller so anyone who wants to buy or sell can always buy or sell. The adviser is called liquidity guarantor for the company.    

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Just my speculation, no evidence. If you want to buy stocks and want it to rise you don't like a liquidity guarantor stabilizing the price. In my opionion, many small companies should not maintain the artificial stability of their stocks by paying the guarantor, just let the price fluctuate.

By the way I am not sure if everyone knows what liquidity guarantee means. Put in short: if a compay's stock is traded publicly, it may happen that the interests for the stock is so little, that a there may be no buyer or no seller. The financinal advicer then suggest if you pay us some money and lend us some shares we will always act both as buyer and seller so anyone who wants to buy or sell can always buy or sell. The adviser is called liquidity guarantor for the company.    

SV is a penny stock. How much do you think it's going to fluctuate?

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

Quite a lot obviously. From 4 kr to 0.4 kr and it can as well go up to 40kr. The guarantor has obviously not stopped the fluctuation either. It merely costed SV. So it is wise to let the stock fluctuate, and let the real factors, the palyer number and revenue, decide the price.

Quite a lot obviously. From 4 kr to 0.4 kr and it can as well go up to 40kr. The guarantor has obviously not stopped the fluctuation either. It merely costed SV. So it is wise to let the stock fluctuate, and let the real factors, the palyer number and revenue, decide the price.

This is a private exchange, only there for small companies to distribute ownership without incurring the costs of being on the full exchange. None of the external factors will make it into the price, because it's not a stock that is monitored. The way it works is simple; it's based on volume of the buys/sells. The stock dropped in price because people sold it, and the sell volume is outweighing the buy volume.

Either way, the stock price and fluctuations do not in any way show the health of the organization, but more the confidence people have in it. At this point, their confidence is only a few pennies worth, and now that their liquidity guarantee to the investors are cut, I would expect that confidence will drop even lower. But with these cuts and changes, it is becoming ever more apparent that this is the last ditch effort for SV. I don't think daddy's going to bail him out any more than he has.

Either way, the stock price and fluctuations do not in any way show the health of the organization, but more the confidence people have in it. At this point, their confidence is only a few pennies worth, and now that their liquidity guarantee to the investors are cut, I would expect that confidence will drop even lower. But with these cuts and changes, it is becoming ever more apparent that this is the last ditch effort for SV. I don't think daddy's going to bail him out any more than he has.

People usually missunderstand the role of stock exchange. The small exchanges are the risk capital market while the bigger ones are not. Comapies listed and traded because they need capital not because someone have to make money, primarily. Yes the small companies are not analysed by banks who are only interested in making money.

By the way, your description of penny stocks is not relevant. You can buy a share of stock worth 1000 dollars for 50% of the company. SV is a two million dollar company. It is one of the smallest compaies in the exchange. That makes it very interesting right now. Its potential should be judged in relation to its market and how you are confident about its ability to success in the market.

HerculesSAS I know you are a good programmer. Instead of comment on others work. why not make your own system. I have a few good ideas on android apps, would you like to coop with me.

People usually missunderstand the role of stock exchange. The small exchanges are the risk capital market while the bigger ones are not. Comapies listed and traded because they need capital not because someone have to make money, primarily. Yes the small companies are not analysed by banks who are only interested in making money.

By the way, your description of penny stocks is not relevant. You can buy a share of stock worth 1000 dollars for 50% of the company. SV is a two million dollar company. It is one of the smallest compaies in the exchange. That makes it very interesting right now. Its potential should be judged in relation to its market and how you are confident about its ability to success in the market.

HerculesSAS I know you are a good programmer. Instead of comment on others work. why not make your own system. I have a few good ideas on android apps, would you like to coop with me.

First, SV is *not* a two million dollar company. That's ridiculous. When you give your own intellectual property a price, it has no meaning. For all intents and purposes, the only thing SV is worth is what they can be sold off as, piece by piece. And right now that's the cost of an Unreal license, an Atlas license, and the furniture and desks they have in their office that they own outright. Their IP has no value until there's a buyer courting it.

As for understanding exchanges... I've worked in finance (on Wall Street and for smaller firms) on and off for ten years. I still work for a financial services firm. That said, I'm a crap programmer but I know enough to get around. I'm not a programmer by profession or by practice, I am an enterprise systems architect. So if you want to do an app with me great, I'll help you build a project plan and break out the milestones, and get all the pieces of the puzzle together so all the programmers have to do is just code. But I don't work cheap, and I make more than most programmers to boot, even in the financial world. So I hope your idea is worth a lot of cash :p

• kastrixkastrix Member Posts: 75

First, SV is *not* a two million dollar company. That's ridiculous. When you give your own intellectual property a price, it has no meaning. For all intents and purposes, the only thing SV is worth is what they can be sold off as, piece by piece. And right now that's the cost of an Unreal license, an Atlas license, and the furniture and desks they have in their office that they own outright. Their IP has no value until there's a buyer courting it.

As for understanding exchanges... I've worked in finance (on Wall Street and for smaller firms) on and off for ten years. I still work for a financial services firm. That said, I'm a crap programmer but I know enough to get around. I'm not a programmer by profession or by practice, I am an enterprise systems architect. So if you want to do an app with me great, I'll help you build a project plan and break out the milestones, and get all the pieces of the puzzle together so all the programmers have to do is just code. But I don't work cheap, and I make more than most programmers to boot, even in the financial world. So I hope your idea is worth a lot of cash :p

To be fair henrik has said there have been multiple interted buyers for mortal online, both smalll and bigger companies.

Originally posted by kastrix

To be fair henrik has said there have been multiple interted buyers for mortal online, both smalll and bigger companies.

And everything Henrik has said in the past was true too, right?

• kastrixkastrix Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by kastrix

And everything Henrik has said in the past was true too, right?

far from. anyway, i dont see a point in dicussing this as it has zero impact on the game. Sometimes it feels like this bord spends more time talking/thrashing about starvault themself insted of the game. Cause people follow this game cause their intrested in it, not beacause they want to see a failiure of starvault, cause that would be rather patetic.

When I said SV is a two million dollar company, it is a hard factor, not my guess. The market value of SV is currently two milion dollars. If many bank people do not know what it means, it is not my fault. You reasoning that an asset should be valued at its liquidation price is totally wrong. But I do not blame you. If people working in finance sector knew how things work, we could have avoided bank crisis.

The app ideas is for the consumer market. I have no intention to pay but to share the labor and profit.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

OK.  You guys are obviously much more knowledgeable than I am regarding the matter but something I noticed today looked VERY strange.  I saw a post on the official forums where someone was bragging about a 27% increase in the stock value today.   I went to look... and sure enough the stock gained 27%.   Looking into it a bit further it turns out that the gain was based on a sinlge trade of 100 shares.  Total transaction value was around $7.50

So... was this an attempt to manipulate the price?  Was this directly related to the cancellation of the "liquidity guarantee"?  Does cancelling it leave the stock open to such manipulation?  Does it have no bearing on this at all?

It just seemed really odd to me to only buy 100 shares worth around $7.50... the transaction costs were probably more than that...