Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raiding in Rift is rigged by the top 0.1%

13»

Comments

• watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by grapevine

Originally posted by Damage99

Quit complaining and get better gear.

Sadly that is all this boils down to.  No matter how skilled a team is, if they don't have an overall suitable level of gear they might as well not bother.   Gear > skill yet again.  That doesn't make something challenging, it just places artifical barriers.

This isn't true either.  Gear is very important in Rift.  No denying that, but no gear in the game will save you if your team isn't on the same page.  You will need to use strategy on these fights.  You just have to.

So for me the strategy part in the game, is what makes the runs challenging.  The gear is the incentive and reward to keep trying when you fail (and you will the first couple of times at the very least.)

• onehunerdperonehunerdper Member Posts: 837

Sadly that is all this boils down to.  No matter how skilled a team is, if they don't have an overall suitable level of gear they might as well not bother.   Gear > skill yet again.  That doesn't make something challenging, it just places artifical barriers.

Artificial barriers?  I guess it's a good thing that gear doesn't matter in real life either, I mean can you imagine if the quality of your weapons, equipment, armor, and technological advancement actually had some sort of effect on real life war.........

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by watchawatcha

This isn't true either.  Gear is very important in Rift.  No denying that, but no gear in the game will save you if your team isn't on the same page.  You will need to use strategy on these fights.  You just have to.

So for me the strategy part in the game, is what makes the runs challenging.  The gear is the incentive and reward to keep trying when you fail (and you will the first couple of times at the very least.)

What I meant is that you need a group with a certain amount of gear to even consider trying.   A skilled group is going to make it easier for sure, but a skilled group could also do it with lesser gear if the mechanics didn't prevent it.