Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forsaken World: Five Things Forsaken World Does Wrong

124»

Comments

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

I haven't played FW but I did play 9Dragons for 6 months.

Information Overload : What little money they take in goes to paying for servers.

Points of Interest Routing : Often asked for and just as often considered by AAA games.

Pay to Chat : A viable anti-gold span system Now implemented by Blizzard in their 14 day free trial.

Re-specs & PvP Buffs in the Cash Shop : What part of your play style woudl you agree to be in the cash shop?  NONE?

F2P DOES NOT MEAN F2W.

When all those F2W QQ leave a game, do you know how much a publisher looses?  ZERO.  Know how much the playing / paying community gains when QQ leave?  Everything.

I have never paid more in a cash shop then I have in my 18 total years on subscriptions.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

Actually, buying a WORLD/GLOBAL chat item is useful because it literally brings down spamming and when someone actually throws a GLOBAL CHAT item, people actually do listen because it DOES COST MONEY TO DO THIS. This is what happened in Runes of Magic, so I don't mind. 

PvP Buffs in the item shop? Maybe so, but who cares? If you want to play a PvP game that is skill oriented you can try guild wars....so most of the games I play are PvE and I care more abotu the quests. 

About the encyclopedia...I like those things...and it beats dealing with 100 page instruction manuals. Point of Interest Routing is never a bad thing and keeps people from getting lost. We live in a world people have to rush and subdivide their time and getting lost for 2 hours just sucks.

Your article makes me want to TRY playing this game and wonder about it....:) 

• SodKronosSodKronos Member Posts: 1

In my opinion this is the best free MMO available. That is not saying much as I still can't bring myself to play it for more than a few minutes at a time due to the crazy stupid controls. I also laugh a bit at myself that I am too spoiled to read quests anymore.

When is a great non-Asian ftp coming out?!?!?! ARGH!

• CelicaCelica Member Posts: 1

Ok I don't know how much you actually played of FW, but your "Pay to Chat" point is completely wrong. If you spent more time actually doing some of the daily quests, you would know that completing a small number of a certain NPC's quests rewards you with an item to send a message across World Chat. Gives you incentive to explore and do that NPC's quests, know more about the main city and earn experience as well.

I thought the beginner's tutorials were easier to understand for me than most other F2P MMOs I've played. Fortifying, crafting and embedding isn't hard at all either. All players will be able to figure out all that stuff with a little time, but sure it doesn't hurt for someone to answer noob questions.

Also, not ALL quests give you the luxury of auto-route...some quests require you to find places on the map on your own, and remember them. 

• BigornsBigorns Member Posts: 6

I know the thread has died a few months ago, but it's my desire to register here my opinions about the topic. I haven't played FW and I'm seriously considering playing it, specially after reading this column.

Of the wrongs listed, none of them will bother me at all. Information overload? I see this as a journey of discovery, and the Encyclopedia at level 10 should be reasonable enough. Point routing? It's a optional feature; I'll use it only when I get lost and bored. Paid re-specs? I rarely re-spec, I like to see the odd choices I made as "character customization". Besides, I'm not planning on taking FW as my main game, or I would spare some money into it. Pay to chat? This is, as many of my colleagues already said, a wonderful feature that transforms the world-wide chat from a useless source of nuisance into a quite useful tool. And last but not least, the PvP buffs. I've seen all kinds of players complaining that don't have enough time to build up a respectable character, or that MMOs are time-consuming. This kind of buffs represent the balance between the "no-life" players and casual players. The fact that they cost a fortune only makes this balance better.

• VerbulVerbul Member Posts: 1

Well I guess i'm gonna get a necro award for reviving this thread but here goes....

I see no problems with P2P games. PVE and PVP do not have to both be your endgame goal. I play games for the fun they do offer, and for the time spent playing. That being said I'm married with 4 kids and work a full time job. My daughter is old enough to play reasonably well allthough she is new to the genre and my wife plays now too. BTW she'd pwn the shit outa most of you in neverwinter nights...... I use the CS for low level crap like expanding my petbar slots, mostly functionality items. I will PVP but only at my level in duels in safe zones unless i do cap out and want to see what game gotten gear can do. If your excuse is you work to much, and need the CS to stay competitive, then i wonder why you want so much stress in your off time, and if you hate the CS because all it does is OP PVP'rs and you want to PWN everyone, they just go find a fighting game, and stay out of a quest based character developement game. This game doesn't have to do everything right. It just needs to be enjoyable to most of its fanbase. After all its a game.