Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible Customer Service and no willing to play this game any more

Greg2005NYGreg2005NY Member Posts: 7

My son has played in Wizard101 for a couple of months or more. He reached a 46 level and all pleasure from the playing this game was wasted by a recent incident when he lost almost all crowns that I purchased for him recently. We selected to pay per area. The last time I purchased 60,000 clowns that should have been sufficient to open all currently available areas. Our account history reflects that he usually used money to open new areas and randomly spent crowns to purchase items. By some miracle our crown balance was redeemed from $46K to $1K. When I researched our account history I realized that $45K was used on the same treasury box that was opened more than 40 times. I checked our character's inventory and realized that it contained a lot of the same items. It's hard to believe that my son was sitting and clicking more than 40 times to get the same items. When I contacted the customer service I was extremely disappointed with their attitude. They do not care about you - they just need your money. They even do not have desire to research an issue and understand it. Two times I was sent the similar responses prepared from a template. There is no personal approach to their members. They even do not put names when they reply to you - just some nicknames.

Pretty sad story but I will have to restrict my son from playing this game and to find another game for him. Luckily this is not the single game on the market.

Please be cautious with your credit card and crown transactions. They would not return you any money. Their customer service is horrible. They do not have phone line because they do not wasn’t to spent time on your – it’s much better to sent similar email to hundreds of people than talk to each one and listen each story.

Will never advise to any of my friends to use this game and tell my son the same.

Happy game until you are tricked by their system.

Comments

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

I have heard this from several other people I play  other  MMO's with or in chat in other games. I also had one issue, my only interaction with customer serivce.  It seems wizard 101 has a very low customer service rating among people who used them.  My only experience with them was that I was accused of something and my account chat was muted.  I asked them to research.  I heard back 32 days later, I stopped playing by then due to boredom, and they said they could not substantiate my claim.  I asked them, as i did in the previous correspondence, to provide any evidence of the issue.  Get this, they gave me a date and time.  Problem was I was on vacation and not online at all for a three day period during the date they gave me.  When I checked my own account, I was able to confirm I wasnt logged on during those times.  I sent this information to them and heard nothing in response.  I found out on that other people have had the same issue, but you won't hear about it on the forums.  Why?  because they monitor and approve all forum messages.  Sadly these type of stories and issues with  customer service are more the standard and NOT few and far in between.

• Greg2005NYGreg2005NY Member Posts: 7

I agree with you. They completely careless about your situration - they just need to get your money. I will better invest my money in another game.

• KingsIsleKingsIsle Community Manager of KingsIsleMember Posts: 158

Greg2005NY

Sorry to hear you did not receive the resolution you were looking for with our Customer Support Department, however it is our policy that we do not offer refunds of real or virtual currency for in-game purchases.

Regarding the issue at hand (the repeated paid loot rolls on Lord NIghtshade's Second Chance Chest), the loot roll chests are an incremental cost, each time the chest is used, it's a higher Crowns fee, the player is shown what they received and given the option to roll again. Prior usage of these chests in other locations indicates that the player was aware of this dynaic and appears to have been attempting to retrieve something specific from Lord NIghtshade's Second Chance Chest through repeated rolls.

In your initial contact on April 20th, you stated "My son inadvertently redeemed all crowns" and we replied on 04/20/2011 stating our refund policy. In your follow-up email on 04/22/2011 you mentioned you did not receive the initial reply. You also said that the "decrease in Crowns was due to either misconduct by your son, or a technical issue". You asked for a refund of Crowns, which is a virtual currency. Since there was no technical issue to cause this we must stand by our policy of not refunding real or virtual currency for in-game purchases.

We invite parents to create a parental control account that can purchase Crowns which can then be transferred to the child account manually - allowing the parent to control the flow of Crowns on the child account and keeping large amounts of Crowns from being available to the child at all times. 

As I said, I’m sorry you did not receive the resolution you had hoped for from our Customer Support Department but we stand by our policy of not refunding real or virtual currency for in-game purchases. 

sumdumguy1 

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report. 

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions. 

If you did not receive this email explaining the violation, you may not have a valid email address registered with Wizard101.

If you did receive this email, feel free to forward it to [email protected] and we will investigate.

When i wrote the first time i was not aware about what caused the decrease in crowns. Thetefore, i asumed that my son did something wrong. However, after i finished research i figured out that the same box was opened more than 40 times. Are you reasonable person to assyme that somebody was sitting and openning the box more than 40 times and getting in return the same item. There is no logic behind what you said. But since you are stubborn enough i will resolve it throu
    gh my bank.
    If i follow your logic than my son was sitting and clicking more than 40 times and got 2-3 the same item with home of get something soexial. LOL does not it sound fynny?
    We are way beyond that level and only one reason we could get their because he helped his friends. What's the reason to get items that are worse than what you can get now on a different level. I can assume that he opened it 1-2 times but not 40 and more.
    Where is your common sense?
  • ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

How does anything you say in the post above explain why it couldnt have been opened more then twice? It doesnt ofc. "Why would he do that, that doesnt make any sense" Well, thats kids for ya! =))

This kids are smarter than you. The history on the account confirm that he previously did not open any box more than two times. And or mirracle he was sitting and opening the box more than 40 time and clicking to confirm the redemption of the crowns. If you think about yourself and you cild this way good luck.
  • BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Er.....guess that's that then. My nephews play Wizard 101 and did the same thing. I was watching them as they tried to get a better reward from the chest ..each time paying more. The parental controlled account sounds like an excellent alternative.

Ye your kid is probably 10-12 judging by your age... I'd take the word of a 12 year old anyday! Kids lie, get over it. You are pretty gullible if you think otherwise. For whatever reason maybe he doesnt want to disappoint you which is probably the most common or he doesnt want to get in trouble etc, no point getting into child psychology here.

I'm pretty sure I'm smarter then a 12yr old, I wont get into that discussion really =)

The more you post the more desperate you sound, and still you fall back on "why would he click the box 40 times?" Yeah I dont know why, but you have to admit that is what most likely happened. Good luck!

Originally posted by Greg2005NY

When i wrote the first time i was not aware about what caused the decrease in crowns. Thetefore, i asumed that my son did something wrong. However, after i finished research i figured out that the same box was opened more than 40 times. Are you reasonable person to assyme that somebody was sitting and openning the box more than 40 times and getting in return the same item. There is no logic behind what you said. But since you are stubborn enough i will resolve it throu gh my bank. If i follow your logic than my son was sitting and clicking more than 40 times and got 2-3 the same item with home of get something soexial. LOL does not it sound fynny? We are way beyond that level and only one reason we could get their because he helped his friends. What's the reason to get items that are worse than what you can get now on a different level. I can assume that he opened it 1-2 times but not 40 and more. Where is your common sense?

Here is a complete list of the items he received during the two separate visits to Lord Nightshade's Chest. One at 9:52am and again at 10:22 am on the same day. 

It only takes less than a second to press the button to roll for the loot, and the item received is displayed after each roll. Lord Nightshade has the chance to drop a rare pet that is very sought after, however it is not a guaranteed drop. It is clear that the player used the Second Chance Chest 20 times on the first visit, then returned and tried another 22 times on the second visit. 

4/19/2011 9:52 Elven Pendant

4/19/2011 9:52 Fine Jade Ring

4/19/2011 9:52 Nightshade's Bones

4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Cloak

4/19/2011 9:52 Reaper's Athame

4/19/2011 9:52 Nightshade's Hood

4/19/2011 9:52 Trollskin Boots

4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Robe

4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Boots

4/19/2011 9:52 Helm of Nightmares

4/19/2011 9:52 Blue Banshee

4/19/2011 10:22 Helm of Nightmares

4/19/2011 10:22 Reaper's Athame

4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Hood

4/19/2011 10:22 Trollskin Boots

4/19/2011 10:22 Fine Jade Ring

4/19/2011 10:22 Dark Wood Crate

4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Cowl

4/19/2011 10:22 Branded Footguards

4/19/2011 10:22 Elven Pendant

4/19/2011 10:22 Lord Nightshade's Cloak

4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Bones

4/19/2011 9:52 Nightshade's Bones

4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Cloak

4/19/2011 9:52 Nightshade's Hood

4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Robe

4/19/2011 9:52 Lord Nightshade's Boots

4/19/2011 9:52 Blue Banshee

4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Hood

4/19/2011 10:22 Dark Wood Crate

4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Cowl

4/19/2011 10:22 Branded Footguards

4/19/2011 10:22 Elven Pendant

4/19/2011 10:22 Lord Nightshade's Cloak

4/19/2011 10:22 Nightshade's Bones

Again, I'm sorry you did not receive the resolution you had hoped for, however we still hold to our policy of not refunding real or virtual currency for in-game purchases.

You cannot be smarter than kids. They play because they are young. You play because you does nit have anything to do. Istead of earning money and studying you just sit and repeat the same operation million times. Good luck hardcore ;) player - sit and play. I hope you will play all tour life.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881

KingsIsle: After reading this thread, might I suggest you'd change the game system to be more idiot-proof. Creating a parent account and child account is a bit complicated, and it should be common knowledge that parents are idiots who will fail to use the protective measures.

Maybe you could implement a way to limit the speed at which an account is allowed to spend their crowns in-game (e.g. max. 3000 crowns/day or max. 4 purchases/hour), and then set the account management page to automatically ask if you want to use spending speed limit each time you purchase crowns. Not that a smart kid couldn't log into account management and disable the limit, but it would make it a bit harder and might be easier for stupid parents to use.

Why is time 9:52 for 20 redemptios? Shoud it be differet?
    Enjoy i hope that $60 will get your reacher.

You cannot be smarter than kids. They play because they are young. You play because you does nit have anything to do. Istead of earning money and studying you just sit and repeat the same operation million times. Good luck hardcore ;) player - sit and play. I hope you will play all tour life.

I play for entertainment =) I'm not hardcore, maybe I was once but that doesnt matter. I have kids of my own, I certainly wouldnt let them play a game where they could spend my money =P But it doesnt really give me any joy that you were idd wrong as we expected. There's no need to lash out m8, you were wrong, simple as.

edit:

@ greg: let it go already, you've been proven wrong and you're only making yourself look silly. Try be an example for your kid =)

@ vrika: its maybe worth looking into, but end of the day parents are responsible for allowing their kids to have credit card access no? I wouldnt dream of it myself.

We already stopped playing. I think he has 1K left but i do not care what he does with that game. He is not getting more money. I just regret that i gave him money at the beging - qaste of time and at the end bad amotions.
  • ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331

Greg your spelling is atrocious m8, hard to understand a lot of your posts

The Deathstar destroyed planets...Lucas Arts destroyed Galaxies

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Played:
    SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

• Merlin1977Merlin1977 Member Posts: 168

Why is time 9:52 for 20 redemptios? Shoud it be differet? Enjoy i hope that $60 will get your reacher.

As KingsIsle pointed out in another post, it only takes a second to roll for loot.  20 redemptions = less then a minute.  By the looks I would say your son was wanting something that dropped in that chest and didn't get it, he could've seen someone with that rare pet and was told it dropped in that chest so figured he would use his crowns to try and get it.  

Don't see what you have to complain about really, the onus is on you to prove to Wizard 101 that what you say is the truth, if you can't prove it then tough luck i'm afraid, and from what i've read on your other posts you have no proof at all except for the word of your son who's realised he's made a mistake.  Take it on the chin, move on with your life, Wizard 101 position won't change.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Originally posted by KingsIsle

sumdumguy1 

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report. 

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions. 

If you did not receive this email explaining the violation, you may not have a valid email address registered with Wizard101.

If you did receive this email, feel free to forward it to [email protected] and we will investigate.

First of thanks to KingsIsle for taking the time to respond.  In terms of my situation specifically, I don't want to waste your time.  I mean that sincerely and not in a demeaning way.  I no longer play the game and the likely hood of me returning to play the game is very minimal.  It wouldn't make sense for you to waste time on my issues when your time could be spent helping current players. 

In terms of my email address,  it was valid because I did receive an initial response and as I indicated, it was when I asked in a response for specific information regarding the infraction that I never received a response.   I never pushed the issue since I had lost interest in the game. I feel its also important to state my acount never had any issues for reporting prior to this incident.  The only response from customer service was a  consequence without any indication of my specific infraction  beyond a few words or proof, the email I sent in response was never responded too even though I enclosed my own proof to contradict the initial assigned consequence.

My other concern I mentioned was the sheer number of people who express displeasure with customer service on WIzard 101.   In playing other games, I have found a great many people who have tried or played wizard 101.  The conversations I had with people always mentioned customer service and their dissatisfaction with how an issue was handled.  Even on a wizard 101 fansite, wizard 101 central, the sheer number of threads and comments regarding customer service issues was alarming. In my active days of playing, I honestly saw several comments a day regarding some kind of injustice or lack of response to what was a genuine problem.  A  few times, even the moderators of the site posted comments regarding their issues and support of others who had issues.   My understanding  from speaking with others is that wizard 101 central is now censored and comments are now subject to moderator approval.  Due to this, many people have complained they are no longer able to create posts or comment on other past posts regarding cusomter service issues. 

While I certainly understand some people do tend to complain or misrepresent the truth, the sheer number of comments I've read,  discusssions I've had and my own personal experience tells me there are issues that may need to be addressed.  While I no longer play the game, I do hope the issues can be straightened out.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Instead of letting your child waste time on a game maybe you should make sure he studies. It would seem he has some obstacles to overcome there.

Some of us may not be smarter than kids, others of notice that kids do not run the world. Probably because they are not so smart as kids.

• gothmog56gothmog56 Member Posts: 46

here is a resolution,if the boxes are UNOPENED take them back and redee the crowns. he did not ask for a refund,your reply shows you do NOT even listen.but you know what your reputation  is showing in the game.its EMPTY.when i played a few years ago it was packed,i went back yesterday and i was ONLY person in start town.

• gothmog56gothmog56 Member Posts: 46

hate to tell you this he does NOt have to prove a thing,he can quit playing as he did. its HIS money. you have to ask yourself if they thinki its worth losing a custoer over.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881

Originally posted by gothmog56

here is a resolution,if the boxes are UNOPENED take them back and redee the crowns. he did not ask for a refund,your reply shows you do NOT even listen.but you know what your reputation  is showing in the game.its EMPTY.when i played a few years ago it was packed,i went back yesterday and i was ONLY person in start town.

1. OP's child did not buy for boxes, he paid to get additional loot rolls on boss-mob using a chest after the boss. There's no box that could be unopened, there's not even game mechanic for such containers in Wizard 101.

2. Are you aware that Wizard 101 has 50+ realms and each realm can have multiple copies of same arena created if there's too many players. They're automatically filled from first to last so that there's (allmost) always full servers and very empty servers. You can switch server and area (if there are multiple) by pressing Esc, selecting Realms -tab, and selecting where you want to go.

hate to tell you this he does NOt have to prove a thing,he can quit playing as he did. its HIS money. you have to ask yourself if they thinki its worth losing a custoer over.

Hate to tell you but by buying 60,000 crowns they already got all the money they were likely to ever see from this guy. My guess is he spent more than the average person on this game.

Why would they give him back crowns he allowed his kid to spend without paying attention to what his kid does? My guess is this situation is typical for him, he does not monitor his kid.

Actually your reply shows you did not read the OP. He clearly says they would not return any money, that means he asked for a refund.

• hp1055cmhp1055cm Member Posts: 1

I have been playing Wiz101 for about 18 months with my sons and we have a family account subscription. I have purchased Crowns on at least 3 occasions and share the crowns with my boys in increments. The tools to control spending are available to use if you desire. You can also "Gift" items to other players on your friends list.

We figured out the deal with the second chance treasure boxes early on and I discussed a smart strategy with my sons. Use them once or twice for a reasonable cost or otherwise use up your crowns and have to wait to earn/ or get more. I think with the exception of the chests in Malistare's dungeon we hardly ever used the second chance chests. My younger son was initially more tempted to use the chests more then twice; of course he gets excited just at the prospect of getting more treasure. Once you have played the game for a while and have multiple wizards you can share equipment/ treasure so the allure of the second chance chests wears off.

I can relate to people who are turned off by the cost of spending crowns when it seems like an easy way to get ahead in the game, but for the most part the crown items are optional and you can play without them. I initially was reluctant to buy and spend crowns but after 2 months of free play (and buying some areas with crowns) we realized we enjoyed the game a lot and bought a  family subscription; which we have since renewed.