Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolutely Horrible

Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

I thought everybody was making too big of a deal over the graphics and everything until I checked it out myself, I should have taken your word for it. Even though the models are stylized they look absolutely revolting, there's no anti-aliasing whatsoever, the textures are less than Playstation 1 quality, and the weapon at your hip clips through your body because they didn't even bother to place it correctly. The last straw for me was when I found out that skills are trained exactly like EVE, you queue them and there's a 9 hour timer to get level 2 of a noob skill, who knows how long a higher leveled skill would take, not to mention that system is completely unacceptable, even for EVE.

I quit and uninstalled after less than 2 minutes, a new record for me because I usually give games a fair try but this one is absolutely unacceptable. The game right now looks like a pre-alpha tech demo and not even close to open beta quality. I agree with the people who said that this game should have been in development for another year, at least.

Comments

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

1) Beta - yes, it's open beta.  Unlike other games, it's not a marketing beta - it's actually in active development

2) It does support antialiasing.  The game's graphics haven't been fully optimized yet, however, and the in-game video settings aren't complete.  I run the game at 4X AA by forcing it on in NVidia Control Panel.  It looks very nice with AA.

3)  Whether or not you like the character models is a matter of pesonal preference.  Since the entire game is about a skewed sense of humor, I personally think the models are apprpriate.  I like them!

4)  The weapon clipping bugs me, too, and I hope they fix it before launch.

5)  All skills, regardless of circle level take 10 hours to train.  They can also be trained offline AND you can queue skills for all characters on the account at the same time.  I don't really see why this is a problem?  It's actually part of a pretty complex skill system that's unlike what we've seen in other current games.  The system, which is a work in progress, is actually pretty cool and allows for a tremendous amount of character build variety.

6)  Beta....  Yeah, I don't think it's ready for launch, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be, either.  If you uninstalled that quickly then your overall opinion of the game is clearly not worth considering.  Is this the game for you?  Obviously not. Hopefully you find something you like better.

~Ripper

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

I don't understand how someone thinks they can give a review to this game without actually spending any time exploring any of the content within it. You don't have to spend weeks playing it, but you could at least give it a day or two. I don't see how the skill training is a big issue, you can still have an effective character without ranking up any skills and you continue to rank up skills while you are offline.

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

All I can say is there are thousands of players that are glad that individual will not be playing with them. It cracks me up that people keep crying about the graphics. Go play World of Warcraft with its 900 billion subscribers and almost identical style. So the skills train while I am offline... you mean I can actually have a life and still remain competative to the 9 year old tools that play 24/7? OH GOD THE HORROR! This game is whimsical, bright, and full of humor. Yes, you are correct. If you are a hard-core, blood guts, why the heck doesn't this game have boob physics kind of PvPr you might want to stear clear. Looking for something off the beaten path that doesn't take itself too seriously, this could be the one for you. Take yourself too seriously and best to move on.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Originally posted by Xero_Chance

I thought everybody was making too big of a deal over the graphics and everything until I checked it out myself, I should have taken your word for it. Even though the models are stylized they look absolutely revolting, there's no anti-aliasing whatsoever, the textures are less than Playstation 1 quality, and the weapon at your hip clips through your body because they didn't even bother to place it correctly. The last straw for me was when I found out that skills are trained exactly like EVE, you queue them and there's a 9 hour timer to get level 2 of a noob skill, who knows how long a higher leveled skill would take, not to mention that system is completely unacceptable, even for EVE.

I quit and uninstalled after less than 2 minutes, a new record for me because I usually give games a fair try but this one is absolutely unacceptable. The game right now looks like a pre-alpha tech demo and not even close to open beta quality. I agree with the people who said that this game should have been in development for another year, at least.

same here the skill leveling the graphic and movement and camera vieuw made me unistall after about 30 minutes of playing

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

I gave this a look a few months back simply because Ashen Temper was involved in it.  At that point it just wasn't what I was looking for.  It might simply be because I was coming from a Shadowbane perspective and may have had some pre-conceptions, but I just couldn't get into it.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Amphib_IanAmphib_Ian Member Posts: 170

Lol i'm shocked, SHOCKED, you were able to see as much as you did in that time frame. I think you did yourself as well as everyone else a favor by leaving. On the bright side, I never installed in the first place cause of that review thread the other day with like 900 X-tremely negative responses about the game. I don't believe that many people are an exception and making a big deal over stuff. Good luck in all your future endeavors!

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

I've played through the tutorial zone and am now running quests in the city.  However, the graphics and character stylization maybe deal breakers for me.  It doesn't matter how the game play is if I can't stand to look at my screen while playing.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

Originally posted by Vryheid

I don't understand how someone thinks they can give a review to this game without actually spending any time exploring any of the content within it. You don't have to spend weeks playing it, but you could at least give it a day or two. I don't see how the skill training is a big issue, you can still have an effective character without ranking up any skills and you continue to rank up skills while you are offline.

You and others here fail at reading.

He didn't post a "review", the op posted the reasons why he didn't like it and that was enough for him to quit.  Whats wrong with that?

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

There are a lot of fair criticisms about this game, but character models isn't one of them. The graphics in the game surpass most f2p games, imo, but the standards are certainly not up there with EQ2, Vanguard, or even WoW.

Personally, I enjoy the game in small doses. I think there could certianly be some gameplay tweakks, but so far I like how simple it is. You log on, you try to level and avoid getting ganked. There are not 10,000 quest waiting to be done. They throw you in a small world, and it's sink or swim. Just a warning for the carebears like myself: Its a very small world with no "bases". You will constantly run into the enemy, and if you're the only one logged on from your side you might as well log off. Best bet is to maybe stay away from the few quest hubs that do exist until the game becomes more popular.

I've played this game longer than most AAA titles that have come out in the past 8 years. Its certainly not horrible. If it can improve in a few areas I can see myself playing(and paying) for quite a bit.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

One reason why I absolutely hate playing beta game versions is that I get burned out on the lack of content pretty fast and if there are any unresolved bugs and unoptimised graphics present then it makes the experience all the more unbearable. But I wouldnt immediately come down to mmorpg.com and bash that game without giving them a chance to correct themselves in later beta versions or at launch. That is a really poor beta "TESTING" etiquette.

But looking at the dev/GM interaction on Faxion's forums, among other places, I might say that these guys are actually trying to listen to their player base and tinker the game in areas where its lacking. Unlike so many other beta versions of (mostly F2P)games, which isnt really a "beta test" of gameplay and mechanics but mainly a:

1)chinese to english translation test

2)stress test

3)cash shop test

4)publicity gimmick before a "WE`RE OPEN FOR BUSINESS" sign gets stamped onto it and it rolls out with same old bugs and broken mechanics that were present in the beta "test".

Even after all the bad press this game has gotten, I would give it a fair chance once it reaches launch stage. Hopefully UTV True Games can mold this one into a product that people wouldnt mind playing and (more importantly from their POV) paying for.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Onigod

same here the skill leveling the graphic and movement and camera vieuw made me unistall after about 30 minutes of playing

As did I.  Worst implementation of an MMO I've seen to date.  Even worse than a sidescroller and that's saying a lot.

• psychokatepsychokate Member Posts: 3

I'm loving this game.  Let me tell you why.

1.  Cash Shop/Item Mall: Everybody knows that this is the way most MMORPGs are going these days.  This one provides items that do not cause refining imbalance in the game and are permanently fixed to your character.  Basically, I opened bag slots.  They are mine, I don't need to open them again in a month.  I can level some skills with them.  I keep those levels unless I respec my skill in which case I lose 10% of them.  Big deal!  Easy to recover.

2.  PVP from the start of the game without dropping items worth a fortune, going to jail or suffering any penalties.  As a matter of fact, I get XP for PVP and quests to kill members of the other faction.  Can you really top that??

3.  The developers are actually listening to what we have to say about bugs in this Beta and fixing them.  Holy cow!  A game where the developers pay attention to what the players are saying!

4.  Easy leveling without a neverending grind.  No gathering countless materials to craft a high end item that I will drop when someone eventually pays me back for ganking them. 

5.  Once per week you can reassign all your skill points for FREE...yes FREE...additionally, once per week you can reassign all your special skill levels for FREE but at a 10% loss, which I am okay with since I am gradually discovering I really didn't need those points in the skills they were assigned to anyways.  What other game lets you reassign anything without paying for it??

6.  Cross over professions.  You're not stuck as a warrior, or a healer or a mage.  You can make one your main profession and sub into another profession.  Makes the game a helluva lot more interesting because noone is running around with the exact same build.

What I don't like is the way the game runs.  I have read that this is because it's in Beta and has not been optimized yet.  I have a huge group of friends that have tried to play this game and have been unable to due to the way it runs.  I have PVP fanatic friends who are chomping at the bit to try this baby out.  They can't though, because they are getting 1.5-15 FPS when they try to run it.  Again, I'll emphasize, it's Beta.  Hopefully this will be ironed out before release.

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

No...cash shop is not the way most games are going, just games created with less quality, and good games at the end of their p2p life.

Anyway...

I gotta ask...is this a new game, or an old, classic foreign game getting a NA port?  Because it seriously remonds me of something made a decade ago, not just of shiney and looks, but the way things move, interact and function.

Im struggling to find something positive to say about the game.

THe obvious downfalls of the game hit you at character creation, then follow you to your noob moments, as the graphics and movements turn your stomach and eat at your soul.  Its horrendous.  Im sure theyll tweak the textures to look more of something from last decade, not two decades ago, however those character modles are here to stay, and they are possibly the worst ive seen in any game.  This is why i hope and pray that this is some classic chinese game that did so well over the last 10 years that they decided to bring it here...theres no other excuse for it.

Since this is the review most common with the game, the first 1hour then quit review ill go a bit deeper.

First of all, about 80% of the game is a mage, who apparently is vastly superior with its AOE that can be cast at long distances and literally wipe out full groups, which apparently makes pvp no brains when fighting for areas...group up an get mage AOE 12 times over.

Also the eve style skill system is not exactly a plus for this type of game when its the only method of progression.  I mean, even alganon...yes alganon...had a better use of the system for a secondary skill progression, not your main skill progression.  The main skill you use can be upgraded every 10hrs.  So your a noob for a long time...which is good in a ffa pvp game where your going to be getting ganked a lot, while you wait for the timer. Unless you buy though the cash shop more queue slots, youll have to log in ever day to re queue skills, in case you get the idea that its a f2p, ill just queue up everything and come back in 5months ready to go.

Oh the games in beta, which is why im skeptical of a game that has its cash shop open for business during beta.

So basically this game has really nothing going for it, other than an obnoxious add campaign on this site, and i cant help but notice that money could have been spent paying an artist to create their characters.  I reall hope that for the developers pide's sake, that this game is a classic foreign game thats been ported over due to long time success in other markets...if this is a brand new game its gotta be some sort of joke im not getting....

I cant even rate the game, nothing is acceptable in this day in age in this game....nothing, not the gameplay, the balance, the content, its preformance (ill give preformance the beta cushion, its gotta be hard getting 1990's graphics to run smooth on modern systems)

Dont take my workd for it, its a small download, see for yourself , and if your desperate for a low system requirement game, Anarchy online has better graphics and is a better made game....that ones free too...granted that game launched in 2001 not 2011...