Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Mobile Authenticator Now on iTunes

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Rift dev team has announced that a new free mobile Rift authenticator for iPhone is now available on iTunes. Previously released for Droid mobile devices, he authenticator gives players an extra layer of security against getting their accounts hacked.

Two-factor authentication provides an extra layer of security making it much harder for insidious individuals to gain unauthorized access to your account, even if your computer has been compromised. This is an entirely optional (but highly recommended!) security measure that offers users invaluable extra protection.

To use the authenticator simply run the patcher to login to the game as you normally would. When prompted, provide the code generated by the application on your Android device in addition to your username and password.

Grab the Rift mobile authenticator for free here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Android FTW is all I have to say =P

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Sweet Ill have to pick this up later

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

I'm with tryklon.  Droid! ;-)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Awesome!

• NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253

In todays news, 2,500 Rift player's accounts were hacked even while having the China made authenticators.

Rift Devs are full of shit, plain and simple just like the WOw devs.

MMORPG.com when are you guys gonna make a "Help my Rift account got hacked" thread?

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

The application doesn't sem to work with ipod touch first generation, despite having the iOs requirements.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by Nergle

In todays news, 2,500 Rift player's accounts were hacked even while having the China made authenticators.

Rift Devs are full of shit, plain and simple just like the WOw devs.

MMORPG.com when are you guys gonna make a "Help my Rift account got hacked" thread?

Quote your sources please. Anyone can pull these kind of nonsense out of their ass and make any kind of claims.

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

Pray that you don't get a problem with the game because support does not exit in Rift. I have had a game breaking issue in the game for 10 days now and I still haven't heard any reaction for my petition.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by afoaa

Pray that you don't get a problem with the game because support does not exit in Rift. I have had a game breaking issue in the game for 10 days now and I still haven't heard any reaction for my petition.

A friend of mine had a problem with the game and petitioned and got a responce in 48 hours . Maybe you missed the reaction or it went awry somehow . These things happen if I'd not heard something back from them in more than 48 hours I would try again thats if I wanted to still play the game . Maybe the fact you left if ten days already speaks volumes .