Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon Earth 2012: Prelude: Survivor Guy Part 2

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com's resident Survivor Guy, Adam Tingle, is back at it again. This time, Adam has been spending some quality time with Xsyon. In today's second installment of Xsyon Survivor Guy, Adam gives his humorous take on meeting, discussing and plotting in Xsyon. Check out what Adam has faced in his continuing adventures in Xyson. Be sure to leave a comment or two when finished!

Torn, beaten, and broken I found myself wandering the coastline. Stopping occasionally to scoop water from the shore or to even daringly catch myself a meal, my mind was full of mistrust and tension. What if a gaggle of underpanted warriors came at me while I was subdued with angling activities? The only solution was to keep running, never to look back, to find someone, anything, for protection.

Read more of Adam Tingle's Xsyon Survivor Guy Part 2.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Awesome as always!

You should write a book.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

haha awesome :)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Really enjoying these. Very cool tale!

For my character, who had a very similar tale, this was the end of the story, though. There really wasn't much left to do other than build walls and tents. After a couple days in the tribe, I started seriously considering  quitting the tribe to put more adventure back into the game for myself, but i decided just to cancel the game altogether and move on to something else.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Great story. Obvious though from your writing how empty things have gotten in the world of Xsyon. For better or worse though, you might've been hunted like a wild dog if the place was more populated.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• OsirrusOsirrus Member Posts: 55

Awesome read yet again Mr Tingle.

but instead of going back on the lam.  you should come join The Redtails up in  Zone 1059 we aint no griefer tribe :)

• karmaesokarmaeso Member Posts: 34

If CrazyDave was wearing kitchenware on his head, I would subscribe immediately. Of course, he does hang around someone who looks like a plant, and that may be good enough...

• Unknown23Unknown23 Member Posts: 47

haha hilarious read, thanks for that.

• faidedfaided Member UncommonPosts: 111

I just get the feeling like you arent even playing the game...  Maybe its the fact that you arent using screen-cap's you've taken yourself...

Aside from that, it was a decent write-up.

• SabbathSMCSabbathSMC Member Posts: 226

Great read,I can't wait for next weeks.....

played M59,UO,lineage,EQ,Daoc,Entropia,SWG,Horizons,Lineage2.EQ2,Vangaurd,Irth online, DarkFall,Star Trek
    and many others that did not make the cut or i just plain forgetting about.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Excellent read, looking forward to the next chapter.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

It's been bugging me since I read the article so I have to ask... How and where did you get that badass armor?  I've had random articles of clothes, had seen the grass armor and heard of the bone armor but had never seen anything like what you are wearing there. What is it, and was that from the tribe you joined or did you manage to craft that yourself?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Very good read/story!

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• faidedfaided Member UncommonPosts: 111

Originally posted by Loktofeit

It's been bugging me since I read the article so I have to ask... How and where did you get that badass armor?  I've had random articles of clothes, had seen the grass armor and heard of the bone armor but had never seen anything like what you are wearing there. What is it, and was that from the tribe you joined or did you manage to craft that yourself?

The screenshots are from the Xsyon website.  I'm guessing he does'nt even know what armor sets those are.  If you are refering to the armor with the balistic looking helmet. Thats Rubicon, a levl 5 cloth armor set.  The Second page boasts from lvl 50 Grass armor called Daogwa.  Eitherway they may look nice, their protections arent that great though.

• byz4ntinianbyz4ntinian Member Posts: 21

"...and even a small lighthouse in the distance – which on closer inspection appeared to be another man-made penis shrine. I was at home."

Sold hahaha

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I really enjoyed this article :)

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

The part where you talk about what outfits the fighters were wearing was amazing.  Kinda low pop game from what I can tell from your descriptions.

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

armor is  Daogwa Assualt Armor u find the recipes scavaging and it is a basketry lvl 50 skill. Btw any1 needs a tribe feel free to whipse rme ingame! /w fatboy or on the fourms. (if ur new spawn in sugar pines)! good read again bud keep them coming! For those of you who have yet to try the game. You really should alot has been fixed and more work continues on the game. You will have a blast ingame. Alteast i am  :-)

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

Hmmm reading this makes me want to try the game. Are there ranged weapons in game? 

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• Radar11xRadar11x Member UncommonPosts: 118

lol good stuff sounds better then darkFall

• SabbathSMCSabbathSMC Member Posts: 226

Originally posted by Beermangler

Hmmm reading this makes me want to try the game. Are there ranged weapons in game? 

There are no ranged weapons in game yet,the technology has not been discovered yet. Now how we lost the technology to make a bow and arrows is beyond me. But there you have it.

played M59,UO,lineage,EQ,Daoc,Entropia,SWG,Horizons,Lineage2.EQ2,Vangaurd,Irth online, DarkFall,Star Trek
    and many others that did not make the cut or i just plain forgetting about.

• alix123alix123 Member UncommonPosts: 26

awesome read... I got very engrossed.   Can have screenshots that go along with the story next time? thx! :)

• byz4ntinianbyz4ntinian Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by SabbathSMC

Originally posted by Beermangler

There are no ranged weapons in game yet,the technology has not been discovered yet. Now how we lost the technology to make a bow and arrows is beyond me. But there you have it.

It seems like people have been playing it for ages, yet MMORPG.com lists this game's official release date as March 1st, 2011. Did they not reset the game world after open beta? Or did people already start to establish large villages within 6 weeks of release?

•  

Even better than usual Mr TIngle. :)