Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is Horrible, Skip it.

TaeganTaegan Member Posts: 18

Top RVR player on my shard hit 50 after 6 days and proceeded to pvp. The grind to 50 was bad and after lvl 12 or so you have seen the full content of the game. I would avoid this game if you can.

Entertaining for a month maybe longer if you play very slow.

If you must play be a mage or cleric. They have the best choice's for high end play as you can fill any role in a group other then tank.

Rogue's and warriors are horrible in pvp compared to the other 2 class's and make no real difference in a pvp match. The team with the most heals win's 90% of the time so make sure you take a healing path.

Quit just before hitting rank 6 on Tearfall server as a warrior.

Speaknspell

50 War-Rank5 Tearfall

Comments

• TaeganTaegan Member Posts: 18

no not at all writing out of spite. I gave suggestions for those who want to still play. just would of liked to see something like this written before i bought the game is all.

I have no desire to bash the game. And i also havent read the other post's just adding my 2cents.

dont forget to post your lvl and class and server so i know you actually have experience in this game and not just some rift employee paid to try to convince people this game really doesnt suck after lvl 15. haha

O btw, Dmg scale in this game is also horrible and almost useless for melee class's.

If you got 50$ to blow and want to be entertained for a month this is your game! I had fun for awhile the pvp in low lvl's is alot more fun then at 50 thats for sure. And messing around with class combo's is fun. But only 2 maybe 3 main tree's you can use in pvp play.

WTB DAoC 2 =(

• PsythosPsythos Member UncommonPosts: 124

I dont even like themepark games but Rift is well done. It is a good game. I think what happens to some of you people are you get home(wow) sick. People bitch about everythign under the sun in every mmo. Roll the dice on things to bitch about and then click the forums of any mmo and see if you can find what you landed on.

• FandinFandin Member UncommonPosts: 55

What ever happened to not liking something and moving on? {mod edit}

I played the Free Weekend event, found some things I found really neat like Rifts and the soul system, but was overall uninspired by the rest of the gameplay. {mod edit}. And I wish the game, and all who play it and enjoy it the best. Just not for me.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I don't think the issue is as much about Rift as it is about the rest of the MMORPG market.

What's better in PVE fantasy-themepark games...  Something popular with high-population servers?

The way I see it, WoW, Rift, and LOTRO are the big-3 in that market.  Given the choices, I think Rift looks pretty good.

... in comparison that is.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510

Guess it aint a game for pvp addicts then.....

Thank fuck!

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

I smell a person who rolled FOtM class then it got nerfed(champion/paragon) aka no longer OP in PvP and he ragequits complaining all over the place.

Well played rogue is awesome just look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg__21P2_PM

Killing mages, warriors, clerics. You just need skill :)

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Originally posted by Taegan

Top RVR player on my shard 

RIFT doesn't have RVR.  I see why you are disappointed if you thought it did.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

The grind to 50 was bad and after lvl 12 or so you have seen the full content of the game. I would avoid this game if you can.

Huh? This sentence makes me question you. The leveling to 50 was easy, almost too easy if you ask me. After level 12 or so you have seen the full content of the game? You grosely exaggerate. The game doesn't have RVR either. Sure, rogues and warriors have it tough, but before I quit I could still hold my own against the other classes with my rogue. As you were mainly talking about PvP, I can safely guess that you didn't scratch much of the PvE content at all. My guess is you gotten angry at something in the game, and thus decided to immediately bash it. If it were so horrible a game, you wouldn't have played it to such a degree.

Once again, my personal opinion of the game is that its polished, fairly fun, with a decent amount of content. But there is nothing really innovative about this game. If you don't mind pretty much the same ol' deal, you'll most likely enjoy the game. If you're like me and you're looking for a breath of fresh air in the genre, then skip it, cause you'll most likely get bored rather quickly. 

{mod edit} .

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Fandin

What ever happened to not liking something and moving on

{mod edit}

I played the Free Weekend event, found some things I found really neat like Rifts and the soul system, but was overall uninspired by the rest of the gameplay. {mod edit} And I wish the game, and all who play it and enjoy it the best. Just not for me.

Posts like this disgust me. What's the point of having a forum if all that's ever in it are posts & threads praising the game's good points without revealing the bad?

I praise the OP for his honesty & experience when it comes to this game. I too have been looking for another "Daoc II" with no luck, and was contemplating buying this game. Thank you for steering me clear of this game :). I had my suspiciouns about the game's emptyness & lack of decent PvP or depth just from videos, descriptions, walkthroughs for classes, and class abilities.

MMORPG.com is NOT a site dedicated to advertising a game company's product. It is here for US the players to know the good AND the bad about a game so we can make an informed decision about the game before buying, among other things.{mod edit}

-Faded

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243

posting your opinion and giving people an idea how the game works is a great freedom to have. However spewing utter BS is reall annoying. The grind to 50 bad? Hardly. At level 12 youve seen all the content the game has to offer? {mod edit} 

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by doragon86

The grind to 50 was bad and after lvl 12 or so you have seen the full content of the game. I would avoid this game if you can.

Huh? This sentence makes me question you. The leveling to 50 was easy, almost too easy if you ask me. After level 12 or so you have seen the full content of the game? You grosely exaggerate. The game doesn't have RVR either. Sure, rogues and warriors have it tough, but before I quit I could still hold my own against the other classes with my rogue. As you were mainly talking about PvP, I can safely guess that you didn't scratch much of the PvE content at all. My guess is you gotten angry at something in the game, and thus decided to immediately bash it. If it were so horrible a game, you wouldn't have played it to such a degree.

Once again, my personal opinion of the game is that its polished, fairly fun, with a decent amount of content. But there is nothing really innovative about this game. If you don't mind pretty much the same ol' deal, you'll most likely enjoy the game. If you're like me and you're looking for a breath of fresh air in the genre, then skip it, cause you'll most likely get bored rather quickly. 

tl;dr - What are you smoking OP? It's a good game, but nothing new.

This.  OP had to play the heck outta this game to be at rank 5.  Amazing to say it sucks after spending so much time in it.

I've been playing since launch and am at level 47 and not bored  yet. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Top RVR player on my shard hit 50 after 6 days and proceeded to pvp. The grind to 50 was bad and after lvl 12 or so you have seen the full content of the game. I would avoid this game if you can.

If you must play be a mage or cleric. They have the best choice's for high end play as you can fill any role in a group other then tank.

Rogue's and warriors are horrible in pvp compared to the other 2 class's and make no real difference in a pvp match. The team with the most heals win's 90% of the time so make sure you take a healing path.

Speaknspell

50 War-Rank5 Tearfall

Here is what I find suspectt about your post though I don't take away that fact that you are unhappy with the game.

First of all, whether you are a "top rvr" player is really dependent on more than you just saying so. And even even if you are a "top" rvr player, why should you be tooting your own horn when it really shouldn't have anything to do with the meat of your post.

You say the "grind" to 50 was horrible yet:

You stayed around to do it anyways

you did it in a week which says volumes right there.

so essentiallty you pushed yourself through all the levels as fast as humanly possible to get to the top lvl and to find that there wasn't enough of anything for you to do and that the pvp wasn't what you wanted.

I have a litany of complaints toward the game but your post just raises a few red flags. Why approach a casual game so hardcore and what were you expecting?

If you indeed made it to 50 in a week then you probably just purchased the game. There has been more than enough info out since open beta that could have clued you in to what was in store for you.

If you consider yourself a top pvp'er then why didn't you do your research as to what type of game this was?

There are many things to not like about Rift but it sounds to me like the game was never the right fit in the first place.

It's a casual game

it's not a pvp game. The dev's even said that balancing was going to be an issue but they have pvp there for those who want it.

game has been out long enough so that anyone who wants to find what type of game this is can find volumes of info.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Rift is mediocre at best which I was well aware before even playing it. The game has a lot of flaws that are being over looked and probably wont change for at least a year. People may still have fun playing it, especially people who have yet to hit end game and notice it has less content in end game then Warhammer did. The devs don't know how to balance classes or even archtypes for crap and only listen to people who complain the loudest. Doubt 2011 is going to be a good year for MMOs either.

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

What ever happened to not liking something and moving on? OP is just mad he/she/it wasted time on RIFT before deciding he/she/it did not like it after all.

I played the Free Weekend event, found some things I found really neat like Rifts and the soul system, but was overall uninspired by the rest of the gameplay. Don't see me whineing like a spoiled brat about it though. And I wish the game, and all who play it and enjoy it the best. Just not for me.

Posts like this disgust me. What's the point of having a forum if all that's ever in it are posts & threads praising the game's good points without revealing the bad?

I praise the OP for his honesty & experience when it comes to this game. I too have been looking for another "Daoc II" with no luck, and was contemplating buying this game. Thank you for steering me clear of this game :). I had my suspiciouns about the game's emptyness & lack of decent PvP or depth just from videos, descriptions, walkthroughs for classes, and class abilities.

MMORPG.com is NOT a site dedicated to advertising a game company's product. It is here for US the players to know the good AND the bad about a game so we can make an informed decision about the game before buying, among other things

{mod edit}

-Faded

Posts like this disgust me.  What's the point of having a forum if all that's ever in it are posts and threads jumping all over a games bad points without ever revealing the good?

I condemn the OP for his dishonesty and lack of experience, as I doubt he's even played the game.  I too have been looking for another game, and was contemplating this one.  {mod edit}

MMORPG.com is NOT a site deidicated to shitting all over a game company's prodduct.  It is here for US the players to know the good ANd the bad from people who actually played the game and can have a rational discussion about it.  Spit and venom will never help anyone make an informed decision. {mod edit}

-mmogawd

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Originally posted by mmogawd

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

What ever happened to not liking something and moving on? OP is just mad he/she/it wasted time on RIFT before deciding he/she/it did not like it after all.

I played the Free Weekend event, found some things I found really neat like Rifts and the soul system, but was overall uninspired by the rest of the gameplay. Don't see me whineing like a spoiled brat about it though. And I wish the game, and all who play it and enjoy it the best. Just not for me.

MMORPG.com is NOT a site dedicated to advertising a game company's product. It is here for US the players to know the good AND the bad about a game so we can make an informed decision about the game before buying, among other things

{mod edit}

-Faded

Posts like this disgust me.  What's the point of having a forum if all that's ever in it are posts and threads jumping all over a games bad points without ever revealing the good?

I condemn the OP for his dishonesty and lack of experience, as I doubt he's even played the game.  I too have been looking for another game, and was contemplating this one. 

{mod edit}

MMORPG.com is NOT a site deidicated to shitting all over a game company's prodduct.  It is here for US the players to know the good ANd the bad from people who actually played the game and can have a rational discussion about it.  Spit and venom will never help anyone make an informed decision. 

{mod edit}

-mmogawd

Enough people already talk about the good points, it's only recently that people are posting the bad points of Rift cause they refuse to see the bad points before the game comes out.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

I have been playing it since i got the key my time runs out monday. But dam havin fun. nice to be able to multiclass a bit. Not sure why people keep calling it a Wow clone. I'm pretty sure wow is outdated and this game runs smooth as silk. it has major potential if trrion keeps updating like they have been. Tons of people grouping and trying something new who would thunk it..

• robhyp10robhyp10 Member Posts: 13

I have to say that I disagree withe the OP.  

I have been playing this game since the first beta, I am two levels from 50, and I play on the deepwoods pve server.  Nothing, and I repeate nothing the OP commented about is true.  This game is great, and I have been enjoying it.  I have no idea what people like the OP are looking for in a game, but I think they will never find it.  Sounds more like pure MMO burnout.  I would hope that anyone really interested in the game would give it a shot and just play it, instead of listening to crazy peeps like the OP.

I write very few posts, tend to like reading them then responding or authering them.  Just could not read this post without responding.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I'm enjoying myself in Rift. I won't be doing the end game dungeon/raid grind, so hopefully I'll figure out something to do, or they'll put in something fun (like RvR type stuff maybe).

All in all though, I'd give it a try if you aren't firmly in the "sandbox" frame of mind. Especially since you can try it out for free weekends and with trial codes.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Otakun

Enough people already talk about the good points, it's only recently that people are posting the bad points of Rift cause they refuse to see the bad points before the game comes out.

People have been listing what might be construed as "bad points" since open beta. And slightly before for the nda breakers.

There has been plenty of info out there for quite some time.

The one thing there hasn't been a lot of is 'end game' info. I can concede to that. But still, with a casual game that is not a pvp game (and never has any info been released that this was anythign other than what it is) why would people who are looking for a pvp game and looking to approach the game in a more hardcore way pick it?

As I said, there is a lot not to like but that falls under personal preference. Playing a game that never was what one wanted when there has been a lot of info building up since closed beta, is beyond me.

I can concede that someone might want to see for themselves but nothign the op says flies in the face of any criticisms Iv'e seen. I did once see a few posts that indicated that it was indeed the warriors who were over powered and that mages were not. So either something has changed (more than possible) or that fact is not a fact and is highly subjective.

To that point, all these games are always changing their classes so if one rolled a fotm class only to have it nerfed, well, I can see why one might be angry but why would anyone be surprised? Especically since any class that stands out "too much" is going to get the attention of the devs.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • spacebotspacebot Member UncommonPosts: 148

"Top RVR player on my shard hit 50 after 6 days and proceeded to pvp. The grind to 50 was bad"

Wait. What?

I don't play rift. Ugly armor. And I don't like its atmosphere. Somethings off about it.

But wait what did you just say? Grind was bad? 6 days? What?

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Speaknspell

50 War-Rank5 Tearfall

Fail to realise this is Primarily a pve game ?

• Dorko2kDorko2k Member Posts: 107

oh please, I casually leveled to 50 on my bard in less than 2 weeks & I spent 15 of those levels doing nothing but warfronts. Game is more easy mode than wow. It's a boring game pve wise & the pvp is nonexistant outside of instanced warfronts plus they have an extremely bad dev handling class balance.

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by Dorko2k

oh please, I casually leveled to 50 on my bard in less than 2 weeks & I spent 15 of those levels doing nothing but warfronts. Game is more easy mode than wow. It's a boring game pve wise & the pvp is nonexistant outside of instanced warfronts plus they have an extremely bad dev handling class balance.

If you dont like the class, build yourself another one.  Class balance is bullshit.  The fact is, some classes will always be better than other classes in given situations.  That's life.  I'm sick and tired of all of these whiny little girls crying because they built themself a shitty class.

• BlackndBlacknd Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by Beachcomber

Fail to realise this is Primarily a pve game ?

So he's warning other likeminded (PvP) players away from the game.

I find it highly amusing how many people personally attack the guy for not liking a game they play.

Different strokes for different folks. The guy liked to PvP, and the game has crappy PvP.

.. But in a good way.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

The Grind can be considered "casual" at best. It takes roughly the same time to hit max level as any other MMORPG on the market with similar level designs.

Why would you want to speed through the game anyway? Isn't the whole point of an adventure to learn from all you've seen and done so you're a better person at the end? Without a doubt the most illogical response to why a game is bad I have ever read O.o

Heaven forbid they make healers and CC useful in games. I've got news for you. Pick up any game with the Holy Trinity and you'll discover the same thing. Tanks/Heals if you want groups, or find a guild who will do runs with you. Socializing is just as important in this game, if not more than being a good player. Doesn't matter how good you are if nobody wants you around.

Lol? Seriously. Please, read what you just wrote. In a PvP scenario, cooperation and coordination is key. To have proper coordination, you have to have a nice balance of classes on the field. Since healers are fundamental to the design of PvP (Notice I said that PvP was DESIGNED around coordination), then your entire argument is moot. Want balanced warfare? Start running with a PvP guild (there's lots of them).

Bye.

Speaknspell

50 War-Rank5 Tearfall

P.S. I'm not defending Rift by any means, but I seriously can't believe you posted this, let alone seriously!

Replies in Orange.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!