Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: A Hello and a New Column

1235»

Comments

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Good luck on your column and hopefully it will produce some interesting topics.

The few writers that I felt produced interesting and thought provoking articles seem to have left the site for other opportunities, so maybe you can fill that void. 

Good luck.

• FadedNoveltyFadedNovelty Member Posts: 21

I had no idea who this guild was before reading this. This guy sounds like someone I'd hate to game with though. Who gives themself the nickname "Dragons" anyway? Dragon, fine you're that big of a tool that you think being called Dragon is cool. Fine, but did you need to make it plural? One dragon is not enough!

More than that, it makes me sad to see this site think it's a good idea to do this. People commented that the response to this guild has been overwhelmingly negative. When that happens, it's usually not a good idea to continue forward. I am disappoint.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

For me i can say that i never heard of them, but that does mean nothing, i only dont care much about the fame of others.
    When i did a look on their guilds homepage i immedietly did know they would not be my bunch, colouring, theme of the visuals drove me off.
    The tone of his initial posting is a bit cold and authoritarian even when he tries to camouflage.
    But this is all personal oppinion and if he or they have good stuff to offer i will read it nevertheless.
    And the responses may be the best forum-pvp you can ever hope to wintess ;)

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• NajwalaylahNajwalaylah Member UncommonPosts: 85

Originally posted by finnmacool1

Originally posted by Stradden

So, hyperbole not really in your vocab then?

I prefer honesty and integrity.

I, too, prefer honesty, sincerity, and respect for the reader's intelligence. To label or identify misleading or "unfactual" statements that contravene those principles as hyperbole does not excuse them.

As for what Stradden is on about with his comment, he seems confused.

But the problem immediately presented here is that more forum-pvp, no matter how much some folks look forward to it, is the last thing that gamers need foisted off on them. I prefer signal to noise.

Casilda Tametomo, Priestess of Soldeus | AKA Lepida Aegis-Imperium.com

«Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»