Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What level did you get bored with Rift?

Comments

• siitysiity Member UncommonPosts: 23

Level 50 for me , nothing really that made me want to stay and play after a month or so which isnt too good , games need something to work toward imo , like becoming jedi in swg , that had the whole community working their ass off .

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by Blazeyer

bored? 25.

<SNIP>

Another thing that bothers me is the equipment models. 75-80% of the equipment in the game just looks god awful. The plate armor? Don't get me started. I've never seen an MMO where the best looking armor is cloth/chain. Seeing a level 50 purple armor piece that looks the exact same as a level 5 grey peice doesn't exactly make me want to go all out for it. There needs to be a sense of "prestige" with armor. While some level 50 epic's look cool, it just doesn't do it for me.

One of the things that I liked in beta was how gorgeous some of the armor models looked There were two lowbie (<30) shields that I loved. They both looked like junk, becuase they were low-level but had high quality artwork if that makes sense.

One looked stone and had a face emerging out of the front of it.

The other was wooden with a red war eagle painted poorly on it. Agin, it looked like crap but it looked like someone actually worked hard to make it look genuine.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• joeballsjoeballs Member UncommonPosts: 163

Everything I've read about it makes me feel like I've already played it, so I chose not to purchase it. Imagine feeling bored even before you try it? So sad.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

50 Cleric

39 Rogue

36 Mage

33 Warrior

This game still isn't boring to me.  The soul system is just great.  Being able to switch from a solo spec to a Raid healer with just the click of a button is such an added bonus. I don't get where people think the graphics of this game aren't good or looks like WAR or WoW.  Evidently they don't have a good enough computer to run it with max graphics settings.  This game looks almost as good as Lotro or AoC. Gloamwood and Scarlet Gorge are just plain sweet.

• blood87blood87 Member Posts: 32

about level 30 i just couldn't continue doing this mindnumbing quests just for the sake of leveling up, i suddenly noticed i wasn't having any fun in this game, i maybe thought the cool stuff would be at the next corner but it never came.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Im 35 and im still enjoying the game despite some huge graphics optimizations this game needs.

If there were no performance issues with the game i think it would be 2 times better than now.

I had tried the beta and i was totally dissapointed.Then i decided to take the leap of faith and it worked.The game is far better than the beta and im happy that trion is fast evolving it.Just make sure u have a strong rig so as to to enjoy the game at it's full beauty cause performace in this game is fucked up.

• MuspilliMuspilli Member UncommonPosts: 29

Just hit 40 and canceled. I have a month left but doubt I will log on.

I loved vanilla WoW. I loved the 40 man raids. Raided BWL with both an alliance toon and horde toon.

I, personally, am done with PvE. That is all there is to look forward within the walls of Rift currently. I foresee no PvP development and how it stands now, its a sad state of affairs. Only 4 BGs, really? And the developers expect me to grind my prestige up in just these? Then what? I get to do them more?

No thanks.

When I hear anything about them developing any sort of RvR lakes, seige mechanics, PvP Rift scenerios....anything remotely political, I may resub. But, doubtful with all the other candy being released this year.

If you enjoy PvE Raiding still or have just started, then by all means there is some great stuff in there. But if you are in my shoes do not waste your money.

• AutorockAutorock Member UncommonPosts: 48

17. I don't even think it's a bad game, it's just not innovative enough for what i'm craving at the moment.

• CrispyCreamCrispyCream Member Posts: 4

Was really really hoping this would be the game after all the other games like AoC,Warhammer,Aion let me down but honestly after hitting level 39 i just cant do it anymore. My 1 month free sub ran out the other day and not gona renew. All i can say is BORING!!! At first was fun untill i hit 20+ and had a hard time finding grps for dungeons and trying to close rifts was a joke ... Im like where did everybody go?!  Pvp sucks too. This game really offers NOTHING new imo. Its pretty to look at but boring to play

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

Combat literally caused me to almost fall asleep at the keyboard. I had to shut it off and switch back to my normal MMO

• infofrontinfofront Member UncommonPosts: 160

Stopped around level 12. I liked the game more when it was called WoW.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

At around 27 in Beta, I could tell it wasn't for me but I was having a blast playing with people that I hadn't gotten to in some time (we are playing different games these days). Soloing rifts and invasions was neat for the first several times and then it was just "stupid invasion is right at my quest turnin, ugh, prep rotation->do ration til all enemies are dead".

Threat was a joke too. If I could hit a mob, it was glued to me unless.

The +3 level rule where +2 levels is barely a challenge and can be taken on 2, 3, or 6 at once but +3 levels is going to kill you is just lame programming. There wasn't any skill to it. +2 levels couldn't kill me if I took a nap, but +3 and it was the longest most absurd fight, popping cd's and still maybe not winning.

I played a Reaver/Paladin/*, sometimes with 2 points in BST so pet had a finisher.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

Quite happy so far at 40. Some have mentioned the imbalance between this and other polls, which shows you how worth while polls are. The only way to know for sure is to try the game, you can only rely on what other people say so far. If people were trashing it then steer clear, but here it should be obvious that opinion is divided.

• MalogrinMalogrin Member UncommonPosts: 13

I rolled Defiant in closed beta, couldnt affort the same boring scenario again for the guardian...

They dont know how to make good games anymore...

• KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716

Still playing: but I think I know where most people 'get bored' so easily with Rift, yea it's 'like everything else' however how many of those games allow you to completely change your gameplay at the click of a button? Well outside of sandboxes and Guildwars..

I honestly beleave most that got tired of leveling found 'the best build' and stuck with that - thats missing the point of the soul system completely.. I've seen the 'I've played as a X and it was boring' posts and think 'has that person actally tried a different soul combination?' as theres only two limitations in the game Mages are a ranged class and Warriors are melee, even with that theres still the option of the different types of combat between them both like the mage healer, or the aoe dps tank

I could go on but I highly recommend players who are 'bored' but are still subbed: RESPEC or at least buy your other build slots. As soon as you are level 13 goto your capital gain your other souls, then at least buy another build slot (it's cheap) and build a reverse build to what you have, I've got a rogue at 50 now and use all 4 builds differently (healer,ranger,bleed melee,stealth gank melee (pvp)), and my alts have at least 2/3 build while leveling JUST to keep it mixed up and interesting...

Oh and please DON'T JUST QUEST YOUR WAY TO CAP, at least Riftfarm during the event now on, it actally breakes the 'boring quest grind' up with an equally rewarding system (unlike PQs in Warhammer which ended up more grindy then the quests)

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Started to get bored around lvl 30, stop playing around lvl 37, unsubbed and uninstalled the game.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

I had a gift card to best buy and decided to give it a go.  The more beta events I participated in, the more the game grew on me.  Just hit 20 after the first week and I'm just bored.  Looked at all the token merchants and realized this game isn't for me.  The game has a great foundation, it will be interesting to see how Trion evolves the game.  Rifts are fun for a while - then grow tiresome.  The class system is interesting and one of its few redeeming qualities.

Just jumped on the progression server in EQ - which is essentially EQ:Classic and having a blast.

• TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

I think it was around lvl 25 in the second beta event. I got to a new region I hadn't been before and hoped for something exciting but after an hour of play I could not stand running to questhubs, getting zillions of killquests, running to the marked areas on the maps and then grinding enemies anymore. Then I concentrated on doing Rifts but shortly after I noticed that it is always the same and like the other 20+ rifts I had done before.

Then I didnt log in anymore. This kind of gameplay didnt work for me anymore in the year 2010...

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519

Somewhere around level 20 and 26.

• snazzsnazz Member Posts: 70

Played WoW for 6 years. Got annoyed at last expansion and what it did to my healer druids, Yes I had 2.  Got RIFT, played Beta, got retail played most nights. Hit 50 and sort of ran into a brick wall. Tonight I said, " Sod it" and deleted my chars. Plus about 200 plat, epic, mount, epic bow, epic head legs and chest piece. Almost fully skilled up outfitter. Shame really, but the level cap seems to kill it for me these days. I can't bare to raid any more. And I am sick to the back teeth of watching little stupid bloody brats and their mounts run up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down for hour after hour doing nothing of any use whatsoever.

I need to find some solo gaming to do 'cos mmorpg people are seriously trying the very last of my patience.

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

Level 8.

• snazzsnazz Member Posts: 70

I think kill this for XP kill that for XP X 10,000 or what ever it is to cap is just not cutting the mustard these days. And unusable quest rewards are a insult as are crafted items that aren't worth all the effort. We need something new. What that is? Who knows?

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by snazz

I think kill this for XP kill that for XP X 10,000 or what ever it is to cap is just not cutting the mustard these days. And unusable quest rewards are a insult as are crafted items that aren't worth all the effort. We need something new. What that is? Who knows?

I know. TOR and ArcheAge. Maybe GW2 and a slight chance of TSW but I doubt it.

I know you're going to say "but dood, TOR is just kill x^ 10000", and I have to say no, because of the story, it might be "kill x" under the hood, but it's the wrapping that matters, if not go and kill stuff then what should we do in mmos?

• Originally posted by jonesing22

You know.....whats funny about this game is...if you have a life, and have to go do things in real life on a daily basis. family fun/work/etc..etc..It doesn't become boring, at least, it hasn't for me.  Most of you probably didn't even do much quests or collections or rifts and you just wanted to get to max level asap. So...yeah....If I was able to play any game for 12 hours at a time....it would probably get boring, so good luck with GW2/SWTOR/etc etc because if you dedicate your life to it....it will soon after be just as boring.

This couldn't be more false.  I played nightly and sometimes through the day when I could.  My total play time to level 50 was 4+ days.  Contrary to what you think my crafting drove my leveling, I moved to the next zone when I could so I could continue to gather mats to craft with.  I was in no rush to 50, I just got there fast because it was so f'ing easy.  Things I did along the way....

98% of all the quests available to me, no zone has more than 7-8 quests left to complete, some zone are totally finished.

Crafts.... Outfitting - 300, Artificing - 300, Butchering - 298

Collections turned in - 54

Dungeons completed - All except Deepstrike Mines (never found a group)

Started and ran my guild as guild leader

Leveled guild to level 5 (before guild quests became pointless)

Ran Tier 1 & 2  dungeons except DSM.

All rift factions are maxxed out.

Things I didn't do...

Farm faction (other than rifts that give no real bonus)

Pvp (zero interest and will never participate as I don't see it as a valid rpg option)

Go randomly kill trash to gain pointless achievements that give nothing

Create alts to grind the same crap I just did.

See so I did do MOST of the content, but when it gets to the point of not even wanting to play the game and would rather go watch paint dry, then yes there is a MAJOR problem.    I know casual players that made it to 50 with less and 10 days played time on the characters.  This game was so INSANELY EASY to level up in then not having any NEW (not rehashed dungeons you've already run) then yes it will get boring VERY quickly.  This is the only MMO I've ever played where I lost interest this fast. 

Last thing was..... I played a mage (quit long before patch 1.1) and I pretty much solo'd all the world content (there were some places I couldn't), but I would say 95% or higher of the stuff I solo'd.  There is no need to group except to grind dungeons.  This game needs more reason for people to group together (and not just Rifts).

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Beta 3?  If I wanted a shiner WoW with aspects of Warhammer - I'd be all over it.  As it is I'm happy with my current stable of games (that's not to say I won't ever buy it - it's just not on my plate at this time)