Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hacks?

2»

Comments

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

I have yet to notice any suspicious activity on APB; ass has been kicked from day one for me, and even now I am still kicking ass. I managed to get past R50 under 24-hours of gameplay. Hurray!

:D

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688

Originally posted by grimal

Hacking is at this point out of hand.  I'd say it's on same level as it was when run by RTW.  Blatant aimbotting, people admitting they hack in district chat. There was even a guy named "DamnCheaters" going on kill streak after kill streak sniping with his LMG.

For all G1's blogs, they are doing absolutely nothing to curtail the problem.

Avoid this game like the plague of death (unless you're a hacker, because if you are you can hack without fear of banning!)

Agreed. Game was pretty unplayable (as a *high silver/ low gold threat) for us over the weekend due to BLATANT hackers.

I lost count of all the missions I had against R20 players with starting stars who had amazing ESP and never missed, and were in guilds like "my little pwnies", "legit skills", or the best one yet "artificial aiming".

But then there were also R180 players with Shaw's and Alig's who camped on rooftops and would mow people down from 60m+ without missing a shot, and who are renown cheaters but still go unchecked.

Here's a good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUye6ChusJQ

The hacks are constantly evolving, but the anti-cheat methods from G1 are not. Most hacks now have things like no recoil and now, no spread (even though the G1 dev's said it wasn't "likely" to be possible.. the proof is in the pudding, and all the youtube video's.), gm warnings, and auto closing on PB scans.

And even if they do get caught, it takes them what, 2 minutes to create a new account? Please.

Game is pretty decent at low threat levels (as you wont encounter many hackers), but at higher threats it is now in a terrible state.

IMO they should at least implement the following:

Premium only district

CC required on registration

PB registration that instant bans players (not their current method of detection, then manual bans days or weeks later)

Better and evolving bullet randamisation codes to prevent no spread counters

Hardware and IP bans

More in game MOD's

In-game report feature

Sure, none of these would eliminate cheaters 100% but the more deterents the better - and currently, there are next to none.

TLDR: Game is going downhill FAST.

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516

I ran into a total of 4 hackers today.  Two of them in the same group, the other two on seperate occasions and they were all using stars, had perfect aim and were destroying my team.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• RhianneRhianne Member UncommonPosts: 58

Here's a good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUye6ChusJQ

TLDR: Game is going downhill FAST.

1. Excellent video, thank you for posting.

2. Agreed on game going downhill fast.

I really want to love this game, but sadly some of the core problems are insurmountable. I do not like accusing people of cheating, and I will give players every benefit of the doubt and assume they are just good in virtually all cases. I consider myself good, strategic, and experienced, and grant that others are, too. But sometimes, especially recently, there have been players that exceed possibility. When a person over several independent missions never ever loses a straight up close range 1v1 fight despite equivalent weapons and upgrades, even when you get the drop on them, even when you engage (over several missions) them over THIRTY TIMES, even when your ENTIRE team can't kill the person once EVER because their shots all magically kill you faster than you can ever kill them, no. It's not a matter of skill or not knowing the game anymore.

Matchmaking is still horrific in most cases. I understand that the previous setting (last patch) tried to enforce fair matches and as a result, no matches were being made. The problem is with 50 people on a side and an average of 7 or so groups on a side, equal matches are rare to impossible. The only solution I can see is to have people be zoned according to strength, so all mid-silvers play together or something close. But this would be a huge design challenge that should have been implemented at the beginning and would likely be impossible to implement now.

• pezitpezit Member UncommonPosts: 63

Getting close to 200h in game now and i play at silver threat 9 ATM, i can count all cheaters i've played against on one hand. If anyone is interested in trying the game i would ignore these guys who says everyone is cheating because it simply isn't true, they're probably just not that good at the game and can't handle losing.

Originally posted by pezit

Getting close to 200h in game now and i play at silver threat 9 ATM, i can count all cheaters i've played against on one hand. If anyone is interested in trying the game i would ignore these guys who says everyone is cheating because it simply isn't true, they're probably just not that good at the game and can't handle losing.

Pezit, you're not paying attention. Instead, you're one of the many unhelpful commoners that ignores an entire forum of commentary and instead rushes to the keyboard to blither "anyone that isn't having the same experience I have must not be good, learn to play." Even after specific examples of it not being a learn to play issue. And that cheating is limited to a small fraction of people, not "everyone." But you found it necessary to misquote and insult us anyway. 

• David99David99 Member Posts: 224

Originally posted by pezit

Gold 1 here, rating 187. I was also a max threat, capped rating player under RTW.

And well, you either play with your eye's closed or are the luckiest person alive.

Game is FULL of hackers (some blatant, most are not), just as it was under RTW.

And no, L2P has nothing to do with it - considering even with frequent hackers I still win most of the time (tactics are often > that a kiddie with an aimbot).

Try this game at your own risk.

• orangedudeorangedude Member Posts: 7

It's really funny to read threads like this. I mean there is some blame to the devs that can't get anti-hack software to work but the most blame should be pointed to the gaming community for using aimbot in the first place lol...

Seriously, just stop cheating. Games aren't that hard. You just need to practice a bit and you'll get better. You don't have to be the best, just play normally and you'll improve and feel rewarded for it.

The FPS community is pretty sad though with the amount of people that attempt to cheat. I remember playing BF and would constantly see people getting kicked by PB... Just sad really... Those scum should be banned from playing any games imo.

I agree with you, Orangedude. Except for the part about trying to talk sense to cheaters.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Handful of cheaters?

Here's an assignment then class. 

See how easy it is to get a hack / cheat to work for APB for yourself.

In 15 minutes, even if you're computer and/or actually illiterate, you will have a functioning hack working despite all the extra software Gamers First tacks on.

I actually love this game. The graphics, the creation system (feels like REAL crafting), and even the combat. BUT I don't play because the hacking is still overly abundant. Maybe with Battlefield and Call of Duty out those guys are busy being annoying little shits there?

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.