Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

corrupt client download from their main page

DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

So i decided to give the 14 day free trial a try. filled out everything and it sends me to the main page to download the client.

every single time i try i get a corrupt client from their own webpage.  anybody know why or how to fix?

Comments

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976

Have you tried using the full install package: http://www.eveonline.com/download/?fallback=1

I know it doesn't really answer why you are getting a corrupt installer, but if you haven't tried the full install package, maybe it will at least get you playing. Also, there is a 21-day trial available via current players and I believe there is a sticky in this forum for people requesting/offering the 21-day version. If you end up enjoying the game, then it's 7 extra days free :)

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Thank you very much for the info i will check that download out.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

OP what make you think is a problems whit the client and i not a problem whit your ISP connection ?

BestSigEver :P

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Can you use the repair tool?

did the repair tool and that gives a error every time.

also tried that link and its the same thing, when ever i d/l from their site i get corrupt file when trying to install the game.

are you downloading the installer or the full client ? because if your connection sux large files get corrupted often

the repair tool just redownload the file there is no local fix

OP on what CDN you get redirected when you press download ?

Originally posted by cosy

are you downloading the installer or the full client ? because if your connection sux large files get corrupted often

the repair tool just redownload the file there is no local fix

OP on what CDN you get redirected when you press download ?

My connection is decent only takes about 2 seconds to download installer then when i click run it does its thing for awhile then i get error and ask me to use repair tool then that fails after awhile.

when i tried the other link that was posted here i download at 1.4 MB/sec thats pretty decent i think, i have d/l it 4 times and each time it says corrupt files delete and re-download.

also not sure what CDN is. when i hit d/l i just save to my desktop to install after.

CDN=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network

/facepalm your download speed have nothing to do whit this, if u dint know when you download something u get the files in chuncks and if u dont get a chunck the file is corrupt, downloads over TCP only got this problem if there is a issue betwen you and the server

CCP use level3 cdn

just ask a friend to download the offline installer copy on a usb and give it to you

Well i finally got it working, this is how.

I downloaded the newest repair tool.exe and updated it. ( the repair tool that was coming with the installer download wouldnt work )

then i deleted everything i had downloaded before and clicked the repair tool to start.

It searched and found i had NO files at all so it started replaceing them. I pretty much just used the repair tool as a installer and it worked fine.