Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end of a genre?

BaiameBaiame Member UncommonPosts: 143
Have we seen the last of the great mmos? I thought about posting this thread in a different thread but decided it was appropriate for VG since I consider Vanguard to be one of the last vast and epic mmos. Hate it or love it, Vanguard just might be one of last of a dying breed. Is this it for us "old school" players?

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I never really cared for Vanguard.  I do like sandbox MMOs, but I never thought of VG as a great MMO.  I think we will see some great ones ahead.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I don't think so. As long as a large enough group want a certain kind of game someone will try to make it.

Maybe it will be Everquest Next, maybe it will be something else but there will be a new oldschool styled game sooner or later. 

Vanguard would be a sad end to the saga of classic MMOs, great game that was destroyed by incompetent coding.

On the other hand is it also time for the MMOs to spit out some new genres as well, it have been slow for a long time now.