Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Earthrise" the state of the game.

cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

Hello all

Now i would be Posting this on the Earthrise forums but they have a little issue.Thier servers and forums are semi broken at present,  as in though i have an active Earthrise account i cannot log into the forums because acording to thier forums i dont exist though i  am registed and have an active sescription and can log into the game and play if you could call it that .

I will start and say i only recently bought Earthrise (5 days ago) and  i had read the forums before i purchased the game.I Fully  knew that there were some problems.I Also knew that the game has issues both forum and server related. Some People for instance even now with an active account cannot log in to the game unlike myself who just cant access the forums.

Now the game is aparently been released as a retail verson this is not the case.!!!! ( It is still in the beta phase as the developers are still rolling back versions patching , breaking ,fixing the game . I played the game successfully for 4 days and gained some skills and even the de syncing issue wasnt effect me badly. (the abilities tree i am very impressed with it is a nice feature of the game.) Only to be told that due to a messup of the game they will be rolling back the database of the game for the next 4 days .!

Now as i said if i could log into the forums of this game that i paid for i would be writing this there but even after 3 tickets i have heard no responce.

To make things worse is that instead of taking the servers down and doing the rollback strait away they are keeping the servers open trying some stuff doing a bit of testing then in a day or so then rolling the servers back .!!!!!!  

they justify this with offering us 10 days free game time witch in thier defence i think is a good thing but they have to realise if they realease a game and charge a price for it they actualy have to have some sort of game state thats aceptable.

The devs are proberly doing the best they can and to thier credit the changes they have made that they havnt messed up have improved the game .

It has good concepts though due to issues the player base has gone from a few 1000 to arround 100

So just a warning out there for anyone who might be looking at it at present it is a BETA even though its been released and my advice would be to mabyee look at it in a few months hopefully by then they will stop the rollbacks.

The Game has some good features but unfortanly the fact that any progress made on the game is at present going to be rollbacked is a bad thing for a retail game.

Current games;
Star treck online
Rift
Eve online
Firefall

Comments

• goatc0regoatc0re Member Posts: 27

It's a shame, I was interested in this game until they released it in the state they did.  It's going to be hard for them to get it all fixed and re-generate a player base.

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Originally posted by goatc0re

It's a shame, I was interested in this game until they released it in the state they did.  It's going to be hard for them to get it all fixed and re-generate a player base.

The scary thing is, between the two, the fixing is the easy part.  This genre is hardly forgiving of rocky launches, especially ones that smell of near-criminal intent to get player money.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

No i dont think that was the case in this instance i think it is an indie developer that got a little over thier heads the scary thing is i heard a rumour tht these guys might be making the new fallout mmo.

In all honesty they are trying and the game has good points.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Originally posted by cyrician

No i dont think that was the case in this instance i think it is an indie developer that got a little over thier heads the scary thing is i heard a rumour tht these guys might be making the new fallout mmo.

The new fallout MMO is going to be made on the ER engine.  The whole ER thing kind of felt like HJ to me.  Like the game went into development for the sole purpose of selling the engine.  In the case of HJ and the Hero Engine getting Licenced to BioWare (for TOR), the game went *poof*.  After its all said and done, they will make their money from the licensing not their game.  ER's engine goes to another well-established IP (okay so not QUITE the IP that SW is...) in Fallout, and the game comes out unfinished and unplayable by most.

I don't know how much a company stands to make in licensing an engine to a major IP MMO vs. how much they spend "developing" and creating hype for the game they made on it, but the way ER & HJ played out I get the feeling they make way more licensing than they spend taking a dump on MMO players.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

I tried to read the OP's post, but the grammar was so bad i couldn't get thru it.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Guess it is a little like Earthrise's Devs attempt and was writern and rushed out without proffing.

I wrote it in a hurry but thats for staying on topic.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• f1sebf1seb Member UncommonPosts: 194

I kinda hoped that Earthrise was going to be better than it is but I guess I'll have to pass on it.  Now Interplay is doing their Fallout MMO based on this developers softaware.....will that game be ready for 2012 release when even the original product runs poorly......I bet that Bethesda is rubbing their hands together hoping for a huge fail with Interplay/Masthead combo.

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

Truth is am in that boat , of buying it cause I do like the concept >.<

Even if i have to swallow the pvp , I really enjoyed my 2 days beta time.

But knowing the game is not done , and really not fit for release .

Is one of the reason I don´t recommend it , look you know what you gotten yourself into .

So sadly you have to stick with martyr it out .

The support was bad already in the beta , the game had too many problems.

The beta was too short , so you knew what you were getting into when you bought it at release.

Now I really hope there is enough fansupport who will martyr it out , so when it is finished.

Others will buy and subscribe to it .

But well most people say if you miss the launch it´s a slow crawl upward.

That hold double trough for sandbox game like this .

• caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603

Originally posted by lugal

I tried to read the OP's post, but the grammar was so bad i couldn't get thru it.

Even posts fail when they are rushed out unfinished  image

Post was edited so i fixed a few of the grammar mistakes.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

The truth is Cyrcian if you like the game , then you should accept the roll backs , you only played 4 days .

You get 6 more free days from it .

You knew all the flaws still you bought it , so don´t come crying now cause your toon is being rolled back .

Maybe they won´t roll back your toon , cause its lower level , you might never know .

If so be willing to accept more of those problems.

End deal you are having fun , just don´t get attached too much on standard MMO releases .

Anyway nerd rage aside , you should just enjoy yourself ... cause most posters on this site did warn you about the product.

Firstly this was in no way me complaining i was telling it how i saw it as you see in my post the title says the "state of the game"

I have openly admited i have enjoyed my time playing Earthrise that was never in dispute.

I Posted here because it allows people to see from a first hand experance whats happening with the game .

I have not canceled my sescription or rage quit and i am willing to let them have the chance to make things better and i have no dought in a few weeks ill be back on there playing again .

Since all the posts out there reguarding Earthrise do not reflect exactly whats going on at present in game i thought i might post about it.

I play quite a few  mmorpg's and beta's so i have no lack of games to play til the rollback on the servers is done .

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

It is something thats expected from the game , when you played the beta , you would already know what state the game was in .

Infact during that 2 day beta (well suppose to be a week , but 1 day server down , and other days impossible lags )

I could already see the game was no where near finish , especially for a sandbox or exploration game .

You could take a portal as level 10 to a area totally unknown , and run around for hours without seeing 1 monster.

The openess of the world is huge , the area really nice and welldone .

Just not populated . the issues handled in beta , you could expect it to come back at release.

And it did , in more ways then one .

I really hope the game won´t die out , and in 3-4 months its really playable .

But then again they need money to make it porfitable , but consider me sold for fallout online with masthead .

I have to Agree the game is extremely bueatiful and the crafting and skills systems are almost brilliant. It is just a shame that the updates always seem to be rushed out and the last 2 have made the game worse then it was. As far as lag goes the game is extremely playable and is getting better.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Beta phase ends when the developers start to sell the game. Please do not abuse the term. It is not in beta. It is indeed a release version, only a crappy one. This game, Mortal Online, Vanguard and many others stopped being in their beta phases the moment they received money from customers.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

Well Here is an update of the "State of the game".

I have forum access a friendly GM gave me access to the forums and not only that they have fixed the problem they were having the server has been rollback AND they are refunding all Battle points lost . As an old saying goes it can only get better from here.

Though the game still has faults they are actualy making an effort to fix the wrongs. So as it goes now I will say this.

Earthrise is a playable game at present and has some features that are impressive.

Pro's

1. Great skill system

2. Great crafting system

3. Physicaly bueatiful game World

4. Unique Combat system

5. A Dev team that are starting to lissen to players and have peristed through hardships.

6. Huge world

Con's

1. Gamestate still not Retail expected level

2.Desync (happens very rarely now)

3. Laggy gameplay makes pvp almost imposable.

4.Glitches in game but are slowly being fixed.

5. Forum bashing common.

So i say this The game that is Earthrise is a likable game similar to Darkfall but it is more definded then darkfall the tutorial is long but it helps alot.

I give Earthrise at present 6/10 stars if the developers fix the underlying problems this game could well be a 9/10 game.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• cybrinsanitycybrinsanity Member Posts: 106

is there a trial for this game?

At present there is no trial for this game though it can be purchased from the official website for arround 50 euro's . I bought it from a U.S site for 49$ U.S

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I may have brought this game even with the known issues if it did not work out to costing £42.. i mean wtf no noes charges £42 for a pc game let alone a totally broken pc game. The msot expensive pc game i have seen was the latest COD game that was £39 and i also never brought that...

IF i take a look at steam for some new releases lets see what the prices are..

Crysis 2 - £29.99

Dragon Age 2 - £29.99

DOW II Retribution - £29.99

Assisins Creed Brotherhood - £29.99

Portal 2 - £26.99

lets look at MMOs

Rifts - £29.99

DC Universe - £29.99

Eve - £14.99

Aion - £17.99

Thats just on steam if i goto palces like amazon they are all even cheaper.. I think the company beind Earthrise are insane and i think peopel woh actually paid that knowing what state the game in are also insane lol

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Originally posted by Caldrin

I may have brought this game even with the known issues if it did not work out to costing £42.. i mean wtf no noes charges £42 for a pc game let alone a totally broken pc game. The msot expensive pc game i have seen was the latest COD game that was £39 and i also never brought that...

Crysis 2 - £29.99

Dragon Age 2 - £29.99

Portal 2 - £26.99

lets look at MMOs

Rifts - £29.99

DC Universe - £29.99

Eve - £14.99

Aion - £17.99

Thats just on steam if i goto palces like amazon they are all even cheaper.. I think the company beind Earthrise are insane and i think peopel woh actually paid that knowing what state the game in are also insane lol

I wouldnt call those people insane, id call them something else that i cant even mention in these forums...

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

LOL

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by nolf

Originally posted by cyrician

The new fallout MMO is going to be made on the ER engine.  The whole ER thing kind of felt like HJ to me.  Like the game went into development for the sole purpose of selling the engine.  In the case of HJ and the Hero Engine getting Licenced to BioWare (for TOR), the game went *poof*.  After its all said and done, they will make their money from the licensing not their game.  ER's engine goes to another well-established IP (okay so not QUITE the IP that SW is...) in Fallout, and the game comes out unfinished and unplayable by most.

I don't know how much a company stands to make in licensing an engine to a major IP MMO vs. how much they spend "developing" and creating hype for the game they made on it, but the way ER & HJ played out I get the feeling they make way more licensing than they spend taking a dump on MMO players.

When Interplay sold Bthesda the Fallout IP they witheld the rights to a "Fallout MMO", IMO just incase Fallout 3 ended up being a success they could release a half ass Fallout MMO and piggy back some money out of it.. Well, Fallout 3 did end up being a success, but Interplay being as broke as they are couldn't afford the MMO, and they only had a year or so to deliver up some goods saying the MMO was being worked on, otherwise Bthesda can relinquish the rights back.

Weeks after Bthesda filed to the courts saying Interplay wasn't working on the Fallout MMO and didn't have the proper funds to make a Fallout MMORPG in the future anyways.. What does Interplay do? They post up one or two concept arts and the judge denies Bthesda's case.. Interplay IMO probably then went onto the market and bought out the cheapest engine they could so it'd only make it look like they were indeed working hard on the Fallout MMO.. IMO if the Fallout MMO ever does release it'll suck, and it'll do exactly what Bthesda is scared of and actually damage the Fallout IP.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by Caldrin

Crysis 2 - £29.99

Dragon Age 2 - £29.99

Portal 2 - £26.99

lets look at MMOs

Rifts - £29.99

DC Universe - £29.99

Eve - £14.99

Aion - £17.99

Wow Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 are only $30? IDK what that equates too in American dollars but seems like a good deal lol..

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• mkasumkasu Member UncommonPosts: 16

Well, google says 29.99 British pounds = 48.310891 U.S. dollars so prices are almost equal to normal US prices I guess.

Currently: -
    Waiting: -
    Played: Wurm Online (1 yr), Darkfall (1yr), WoW (6yr)
    Tried: Aion, AoC, DDO, Earthrise, EQ2, LotRO, GW, Mortal Online, Rift, SWTOR, Warhammer

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Wow Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 are only $30? IDK what that equates too in American dollars but seems like a good deal lol..

lol. Their 30 pounds, it equates to about the same price. 

This discussion has been closed.