Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My last, best hope...

mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Too many emergent-gameplay games are coming out lacking features that give the game depth and balance and/or don't work very well. Here's to hoping!

--------
"Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
Front: UNO Chemistry Club
Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

Comments

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

It looks awesome but it's like is gonna take ages before is completed, and i mean ages.

• AmannasAmannas Member Posts: 95

Is this still a one man project?

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

That looks and sounds really cool.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• DunkiDunki Member Posts: 41

It is now a two many project fishing for investors.  If i remember correctly, they are focusing on pushing out a sellable engine first, not a game.

ePeenery.com

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Originally posted by Dunki

It is now a two many project fishing for investors.  If i remember correctly, they are focusing on pushing out a sellable engine first, not a game.

That's what I read. I know, personally I don't mind that one bit. It makes sense to sacrifice something in the short-term if it means things work out better long-term. That's how I always looked at things anyway.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Originally posted by mrcalhou

That's what I read. I know, personally I don't mind that one bit. It makes sense to sacrifice something in the short-term if it means things work out better long-term. That's how I always looked at things anyway.

Yes but this also means that the infinity MMO is not going to be released for a fair few number of years have passed and in all probability never will be released. It is a shame I know but I think it is time to say good bye to this one :(

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

Oh my...another under staffed (one guy) indy developer attempting to make a sandbox, scifi no less.

sigh...we all know where this is going to go...

stab in  the dark...near decade long development time, barely playable alpha state upon release?

Or do we have anything more than some scenery screenshots to work with here?

Update me on the status of this game if you dont mind.  Always interested in sandbox and non high-fantasy type games, however, i am no longer very interested to pay to alpha test someones hobby game (thank Xyson for that one)

What are we exactly working with here? 

[Mod Edit]

• ichimarunicoichimarunico Member Posts: 210

Not if it takes so long that it's outdated by the time it releases.

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

Originally posted by ichimarunico

Not if it takes so long that it's outdated by the time it releases.

I guess that can't be helped if it is a two man team. And a "sellable" engine implies a reasonably mature engine, which is what they need anyway if the launch (some far day) of Infinity is to go smoothly.

Those guys have my best wishes, but I'm not holding my breath for this project.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    I am so hoping for the kickstarter campaign to start soon. My wallet is more than ready for this.
  • JettrellJettrell Member UncommonPosts: 7
    This game might get left in the dust, unless they can get this into beta before Star Citizen makes its move.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i am glad to see that the project are still alive!

So What Now?