Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this basically just one big battleground?

JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i'v never played this game but i'v watched a few youtube clips and it looks very nice graphics wise. i do have a few questions. is this just a big "city" themed battle ground where you just log in and randomly kill anyone (sort of like a big multiplayer GTA themed battle ground) or is there some actual territory control, owning buildings, economy, crafting, making money, buying trading vehicles, building industries, organizing crime rings to import export narcotics, busting other people's smuggling operations,  etc?

what is the focus of this game? just battle ground style mindless killing for "honor" points, or actually some sort of large goals as well?

Comments

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Both, from a Criminal point of view you can pretty much cause chaos. You smart with small crimes(missions) that you acquire from contacts and as an Enforcer your mission will be to stop those crimes and vice versa.

You can make money by smashing stores and muggling people if you dont feel like doing missions.

You can make money, there is economy, you can buy fire arms and vehicles but from what i know so far you cannot have buildings or any of social/role-play type of stuff, anyways you wont feel like your playing a single player game its very interractive in its own way.

Its kinda a GTA online and its alot of fun if you play with several friends.

• alloinalloin Member UncommonPosts: 135

Google & http://apbreloaded.blogspot.com/

Basically, read the blog & you'll be informed

We are all satoshi!
  • alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

Pretty much yes.

EDIT: Battlegrounds with objects.  Sort of like  the multiplayer version of something we used to get for free in Single Player games but on steroids.  Hence the F2P model for those that cant justify spending money on a FPS style shooter but the option is there to spend money for those that will win at all costs.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

i'v never played this game but i'v watched a few youtube clips and it looks very nice graphics wise. i do have a few questions. is this just a big "city" themed battle ground where you just log in and randomly kill anyone (sort of like a big multiplayer GTA themed battle ground) or is there some actual territory control, owning buildings, economy, crafting, making money, buying trading vehicles, building industries, organizing crime rings to import export narcotics, busting other people's smuggling operations,  etc?

what is the focus of this game? just battle ground style mindless killing for "honor" points, or actually some sort of large goals as well?

I can tell you a bit about APB. First let me say, it is a hate it or love it game. As you can see at my xFire profile, I love it. There are 3 'districts in the game. 2 where you can fight, 1 for the customization. You rank up through contacts (npc's). These contacts send you on missions in which you will have opponents from the opposing side.

Actual territory control: No, there is no territory control. I think GamersFirst has some ideas for the new district, but there is not really any info yet.

owning buildings: No.

economy: Yes (I'll explain later).

crafting: Yes/No. There is nothing to craft. Instead, this game is all about customization. Throughout the game, you'll unlock all different kinds of symbols and patterns to create your own stuff. Basically you can create, or 'craft', the looks of your character and car. There are infinite possibities.

making money: IF you are a talented artist, you can put your own created stuff on the market place and others are able to buy. So yes, it is possible, if people like your created stuff.

buying trading vehicles: Yes. Same as the; making money part.

building industries: No.

organizing crime rings to import export narcotics: No.

busting other people's smuggling operations: No.

Right now, i'd go for none of the 2. You can't compare it with another game, and that's the beauty of it. It's unique in so many ways. You have to see it for yourself. If you are interested in the game, i'd check this link out: click me. Here you'll find information about the state of the game.