Comments

• DarthMooskaDarthMooska Gallipolis, OHMember UncommonPosts: 146

Originally posted by Arkain

Originally posted by DarthMooska

Originally posted by Arkain

Originally posted by Darkheart00

This game has no immersion. I always complain about WoW's immersion, but Rift has somehow outdone Blizzard in making a game where I had to force myself into logging on and playing for 45 minutes at a time(maximum time I could go without boredom sinking in) to advance my character. Sure the graphics are good and I even would say that I loved the sole system, creating a more personallized character, but the content is just the worst ever. Questing makes me feel like a drone. The rift system was fun the 1st 5 times.
    If it's not fun, the pros I listed aren't going to get my sub money.

Hmm considering WoW is one of the best when it comes to creating immersive atmosphere, idk where you are coming from.  So what game do you think does better

When you have people doing spreadsheets to figure out what the best talent set is, it starts to feel less like a fantasy world and more like Call of Duty. Mortal Online, although the developers are awful people who will never get my money back, felt like a real world that I was part of. It's not entirely Blizzards fault. People in trade chat linking achievements and writing "ANAL" next to them reminds me about how awful people are in the real world. I guess if you make a game for the masses, you'll have that.

So by what you are saying.....no game has ever had " immersion" becouse there has been, are, and will always be players that do that. It was done in EQ 1 and 2, DAoC and every mmo to date. 

Immersion is something you make for yourself in a game.

I have my "immersion" in RIFT but then I can find my immersion in any game I like and play, maybe its not RIFT, I mean that if you spend time on a forum talking about it so much then maybe the new "game" for you is something to do with forums (). my GF goes on Cafe Mom when she gets in a mood for droma with others

I'm just saying.

How did you get this? Didn't I say right above MO had immersion? EQ 1 had a very different community than WoW as did EQ2, DAoC, and SWG while we're at it. I'm on the forums because when you work, you can't play WoW. Employer's seem to notice it unfortunately. Talking about drama, look at you taking personal jabs at me. You're kind of being a hypocrite, not to mention douchebag.

This was not meant as a jab at you, just something to think about.

"douchebag" realy, becouse I point out that one is responsable for there own "immersion" and that all games have have had someone doing "spreadsheets" to map there plain to go from point A to B (just so you know, most likly that is there "immersion"). 

I was only giving my point of view on the points you mad.

oh, and how I got that: 

"When you have people doing spreadsheets to figure out what the best talent set is, it starts to feel less like a fantasy world and more like Call of Duty."

This was done in, about every game, be it video or otherwise to date (there was even a little book on how to make your dice roll better for table top games.

"Mortal Online, although the developers are awful people who will never get my money back, felt like a real world that I was part of."

In Mortal Online you seem to have found your "immersion", but if the game was more popular you would still find the "spreadsheets" style of gaming that you seem to dislike (there will always be those that view every game as a math problem).

"It's not entirely Blizzards fault. People in trade chat linking achievements and writing "ANAL" next to them reminds me about how awful people are in the real world."

There are good people and bad and they all play some game be it MMORPG or other (by the by Sorry to be in your book of bad people, it was not my intent).

"I guess if you make a game for the masses, you'll have that."

This^ is soooo true, but if you want to avoid that then (this is what I do) don't read all the chat.

I view the chat as the background noise one hears in a city, (or in the work place) we only tend to hear it when something perks our attention, one can train one self not to respond to seeing "ANAL" in chat.

Here is your personal jab. "my GF goes on Cafe Mom when she gets in a mood for droma with others"

To further my spreadsheet point, I've never played another game where guilds wanted you to have a good spreadsheet to go off of. What other game do you have people that have a required gs or ail to get into a raid?

Things like Indiana Jones and Mr. T's references take you right out of the immersion. Rift lacks immersion for other reasons.

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!