Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asheron's Call: New Screens

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Asheron's Call team has updated the photos section of the official Facebook page with a trio of new screenshots from the game. The first features a stone building backed by a towering mountain. The second, a pair of monsters and the third the interior of what appears to be a temple of some sort.

Check them out at the link above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

That pic looks like the teaser pic of Martine's Retreat that was released when they added it to Rithwic or Arwic or something. Curious what they added down there now.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

lol, as a X AC player, I must say...Just stop.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Hrm, being that you are an ex player with such low optimism for the game like that, I am sure their community is glad you are an ex as well.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

lol. I played like 8 years ago. AC2 came out, destroyed the community and no one played anymore. AC2 invetiably died and the game became so dead, I don't know why they kept it going

• FaremFarem Member UncommonPosts: 49

Because people still play it. By the way, are you dyslexic? I ask because of how you wrote inevitably

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

I really did love AC back in the day <3

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386

might have great gameplay and depth but not a lot( or no new players) will play based on the great pics here. cutting edge stuff.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

As an ex-AC player, and the first MMO for me!! and also the longest MMO game I ever play...

I DEMAND a FULL REVAMP on Graphics!!!

Including character's model!!

Oh man I really miss the game !!!! =(

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Originally posted by Dolmong

As an ex-AC player, and the first MMO for me!! and also the longest MMO game I ever play...

I DEMAND a FULL REVAMP on Graphics!!!

Including character's model!!

Oh man I really miss the game !!!! =(

It's not just the graphics it's the whole engine.  Most peoples cant even get it to connect, modern routers and antivirus makes it a pain just to connect to the game.   Man if they could redo AC on the LOTRO engine it would be so great.... we can dream i guess.

• DarkHeroDarkHero Member UncommonPosts: 10

Yep AC was and still is one of the BEST MMO's for me.

Awesome Game to beat the boredom blues at work
    http://s7.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=24726

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

there still plenty of folks playing this , am on a 14 days trials and it's pretty busy for a game this old . really love there are no classes and you can customize you character to your liking with skills you see fit .

of course you dont play this is you like eye candy :)

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

I miss and love AC for those that where ex players to say Stop , Bah!~ Yous hould be saying fix it upgrade, we want AC3@ not stop!

lol

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

lol AC2 had nothing to do with the game's demise.  Turbine had everything to do with it.  AC2 barely put a dent in AC.  There is a reason it failed so quickly.

• JammaslamJammaslam Member Posts: 265

I actually enjoyed AC2, I played it from release for awhile, (Was not around when the games plug was puled though)   I remember as a Lugian (I think that is what they are called) engineer building turrets, I believe they were considered "op" then, was quite fun.  AC1 I have not touched in about 7+ years.

• I was lucky enough to have played the beta of M59 and ultima online (you would get a CD in the mail...since it was not efficent to DL the client .

Asheron's Call:

Stole my soul-made me laugh,cry, in a way no other MMO has. I played since alpha and almost dumped 10 yrs of my life into it.

Miss it dearly.....miss the Large serverwide quests.....was glued to the pc on patch day.

X-man/Stormbound

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Originally posted by Joshua69

lol. I played like 8 years ago. AC2 came out, destroyed the community and no one played anymore. AC2 invetiably died and the game became so dead, I don't know why they kept it going

Man, quite a few people still play and it's enough to be profitable. A couple of my friends have been playing it for like 10 years.