It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
FAIR WARNING: This is a REAL beta-test by a small Indie, not some free trial like the AAA games throw. Expect lots of bugs and unfinished content. Help bringing the game closer to release quality is appreciated.
An apology, I've been quiet lately, with more than a few details to work out.
Beta-2 set for March 1st 2011 is on-schedule and will feature some major changes to the game.
1. I'm taking the game back to the roots of what inspired me into MMO creation in the first place... classic PC/console RPG. Of the many games, probably the most influential is TES Morrowind. I know I'm not alone in being a fan of these games and I believe this design presents a large untapped market in the MMORPG genre.
2. Huge overland world. I've been working on a technique known as terrain paging, which is how the AAA games produce large seamless worlds. The world is laid out into terrain-paged regions, with zone portals connecting regions. With this I've been able to produce a working world surface area of roughly 55 square miles. This is larger then the western continent of World of Warcraft, and not quite as big as both continents put together.
3. Twitch combat. Melee attacks are based on weapon area of effect. Magic attacks are based on projectile hits. The tab-targeting system is completely removed. No more tab and mash buttons style combat. Now it's AIM and mash buttons :-)
4. Free For All PVP under consideration. [under construction] There are no good-guy / bad-guy factions. Anyone flagged for PVP will be attackable by other players. There are also going to be zones designated FFA, where any player in that zone, flagged or not, is attackable by other players. Player loot is limited to CASH ONLY. No gear drop is planned. [NOTE: I will be working out details with people experienced in PVP gaming.]
5. Hundreds of dungeons. The landscape of the overland will be littered with dungeon (crypt, cave, mine, other) entrances. Dungeons are NOT intanced! All dungeons will be configured as "group" mode, but should be able to be solo'd by a higher level with help of a henchman.
6. Level 20 level-cap. The maximum level attainable is level 20. Levels have been adjusted to work like sandbox games where the difference between a level 1 and level 20 is not all that much in terms of performance. There are no weak nooblings for PVPers to gank.
7. Unrestricted gear usage by class. All gear that is wearable by a certain class, can be worn by members of that class regardless of their player level. No more gear or weapon level restrictions. If you have rich friends, your level 1 can be god-like wearing top shelf gear and weapons. THIS IS TWINK HEAVEN :-)
Beta-2 is expected to be rough, with much of this still being polished. The help of beta-testers and advisers is greatly appreciated. Hope to pick up a bunch more for this round of testing.
Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security. I don't Forum PVP. If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident. When I don't understand, I ask. Such is not intended as criticism.