Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry but (PvP) combat broke it for me

YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I have almost finished my trial and got a level 7 character (did not play that much) and I must say that even though this game has alot of potential it really fails in combat.

The PvE combat is quite clunky with really poor animations but when I joined my first PvP Bloodsport instance it was what sealed this game for me. It was way, way too fast, even more clunkier and even though the cap is supposed to be level 9 for these instances I was dead within seconds of starting a fight. Very frustrating and boring experience.

So my question is, before I delete this game, does it get better at higher levels? Were these people I fought with twinks? Because I had zero chance, nada, zilch. 3-4 seconds is probably what I last and I only managed to get down, at most, maybe 15% of their health.

Most importantly, will there be defensive powers that makes fights be more tactical and not a bad FPS fragfest?

Comments

• MiguelAngeloMiguelAngelo Member Posts: 28

Yeah i mean if your new and this is not your second third run through the game you will not have access to the gear and weapons these other people have. First char i always create in any new game is always a healer crafter that way when you create your alt pvp char the second time around you can fit em with the best armor and weps you can at those particular lvl's.

Same though i was getting run over in pvp but i still had fun with it , its like UT in a mmo because its almost like UT in a MMO lol. Also make sure your not gimping your char investing points in too many things, invest in one and thats it. Another thing if your char is not Melee or Pistol than forget bout being to good in blood sports since the environment is small than people with faster shooting weps or melee will win. Where as in the open pvp aspect of the game if your Rifle you get some sweet sniper rifles and osok abilities that you can really do damage. So dont take the bloodsport aspect of the game to represent the entire game as a whole, i hear the PVP in the game world is fun esp when your with clan mates.

One more thing im a crafter/rifle/healer and in bloodsports i did not expect to do well, but i still have gotten really good at getting head shots wit my rifle and am killing more people like this, its all good practice for the open world pvp, bloodsports was jus ment as a quick pass time and collect points to get some cool gear is all, its something added to the game not ment to represent it all.

PS......

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

ok, thanks for the informative response. I will give the game another go and stay away from Bloodsports for a while. Im thinking about going rifle/pistol. That any good for PvP?

And I dont like crafting, too boring for me to go scavenge for all the required materials...

• MiguelAngeloMiguelAngelo Member Posts: 28

From what i hear if ya going Rifle than Pistol is the next best thing to choose since they both use Dex and Perception ( Save AP that way very important)  this way once you pvp you can pick guys off from distance if they make it closer to ya you can finish em off with Pistol plus whatever Mutagenic skill you chose ( i hear Sonic is pretty good) . Also some people just also create whatever they wanna have fun with anyways you know, this game you can mix and match and while you wont be the numba one leet pvp'er youll have fun with your class that you wanted to play, so you know create your Rifle/Pistol/Mutant and kick butt, but also make another char and have fun experimenting with diff builds.

PS......

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Not played since the latest bunch of changes but originally you were better off picking one weapon type melee, pistol or rifle and focusing on that one type.  Then building up your other abilities around that.

My main was a melee/crafter and she did well enough in PvP and Bloodsports.  Not as stellar as someone pure combat but could do just fine.  Main is 50, btw.  I did start an alt is who around 20s now and like someone said being able to craft and gear my alt up has made her wayyyyyy more formidable for PvP :)

• mm0wigginsmm0wiggins Member Posts: 270

Yeah, Drolkin that was ridiculous.   What possible bit of constructive input did you offer with that douche-licious comment?

Anyways, to the OP:    I hope you get the hang of it and find enjoyment in the combat system.   Personally, I agree with your original post and also have given up on the game due to the combat system.     Regardless of what anyone tries to say as a defense for this, the fact of the matter is, it's a poorly executed FPS system.   No way around that.   There's no reason to have skillpoints/AP/etc when you're not competitive unless you max one out and forget about the rest.   When I played (a few times I've attempted to love this game) everyone was the flavor-of-the-month builds, usually maxing out in whichever skill was overpowered at the time...    I can't stop thinking "why would I pay monthly for this when I could play a real, well executed FPS for free?"

Goodluck on your adaptation.

This is not a troll, flame, or anything else worth banning me over. It is simply my pure opinion, and I have a right to share it.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Originally posted by blackthornn

wow, someone took their douchebag pill today didn't they.

The OP gets to level 7, tries PvP for probably 10-20 minutes and bashes the game, whose the douchebag?

BTW, re-read my first post, than tell me where I personally attacked him by calling him names?

Yeah, thought so, you guys are too mature for me, both of you fail at trolling, nice try though.

• mm0wigginsmm0wiggins Member Posts: 270

Originally posted by Drolkin

The OP gets to level 7, tries PvP for probably 10-20 minutes and bashes the game, whose the douchebag?

BTW, re-read my first post, than tell me where I personally attacked him by calling him names?

Yeah, thought so, you guys are too mature for me, both of you fail at trolling, nice try though.

Doesn't really matter what level the OP got to when he/she finds out that the game design itself is sorely lacking in comparison to FPS games released from well practiced and proven developers, does it?      Stop using that "you're trolling" card too... It's just a weak way to disregard anything anyone else is saying.   

Would someone have to get to cap level on a game before they can decide whether or not they like the combat engine?  That sounds like a complete waste of time to me, considering you can experience the combat engine of most MMO's at level 1.

Fact of the matter is, the OP has a right to not like the game for whatever reason, and you have a right to like it.  But your first response to him was exceedingly sarcastic, condescending, rude, and overall unproductive.    Yes, this can also be considered as simply being immature, on your part.

This is not a troll, flame, or anything else worth banning me over. It is simply my pure opinion, and I have a right to share it.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Yamota,

on live, as others have said,  the lower level Bloodsports brackets are twink-filled. Believe it or not the level 10-20 bracket is the worst - people who have run off to get mutations at level 15 wtfpwning people who are still noodling about in S1. Tying armour to level rather than the armor use skill has helped mitigate some of the worst offenders, but they still haven't been able to eliminate twinking altogether.

You won't see a level playing field in Bloodsports until cap, and even then there are some match-types that never get played (assault is, and has always been, a buggy mess). At cap, open world PvP is more fun than bloodsports, but the Death Toll rewards are lower, so you'll always find bloodsports action - people need/want the DT gear.

Whenever patch 1.8 hits live (testable on the PTS now, really recommend giving it a look-see, it's a game-changer) there will be a lot of adjustment required of all players, and you may find the bloodsports action a bit more fair. Temporarily at least.

Yes, the combat animations need work, they have been worked on and look better than they did, but they could use a bit more love. I've gotten to the point where I don't notice them too much, but that's with a year plus exposure. I'm not suggesting anyone else should play on to the point of immunity though ; )

I would suggest playing on into Sector 2, however, as Sector 1 is essentially a "finding your feet" area, and sector 2 introduces factions (hopefully they'll matter a bit more soon) and mutations, and changes the feel of the game. You can take missions there from level 15, but it will be tougher to do them at that level.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Originally posted by mm0wiggins

Originally posted by Drolkin

Doesn't really matter what level the OP got to when he/she finds out that the game design itself is sorely lacking in comparison to FPS games released from well practiced and proven developers, does it?      Stop using that "you're trolling" card too... It's just a weak way to disregard anything anyone else is saying.   

Would someone have to get to cap level on a game before they can decide whether or not they like the combat engine?  That sounds like a complete waste of time to me, considering you can experience the combat engine of most MMO's at level 1.

Fact of the matter is, the OP has a right to not like the game for whatever reason, and you have a right to like it.  But your first response to him was exceedingly sarcastic, condescending, rude, and overall unproductive.    Yes, this can also be considered as simply being immature, on your part.

You are comparing FE to a FPS like Counter-Strike or Modern Warfare?  Okay buddy you go ahead and do that.

There is no game released that is similar to Fallen Earth.

The OP said combat in FE is broken which is a lie, he didn't say he disliked it.

No you don't need to hit max level to decide if you like a game or not, but lvl 7 in FE takes an hour tops and an hour is an unfair amount of time to judge a game completely.  There is dozens of aspects of the game the OP did not explore or experience so his assessment of the game is fail, all his post does is throw people away from the game who have never tried it before, it is this exact mentality that makes games like FE who try to be unique and different from all the cookie cutters shutdown.

I don't care who likes the game or not and I don't need you telling me who has the right to do what, I'm just sick of people smashing a game's reputation without actually playing through what it has to offer.

What is so hard about just not playing anymore if you decide you don't like it and leaving it at that?  If the guy made it to lvl 20 then sure go ahead and make a review.  But don't come here and make up tall-tales.

And yes I am playing the troll card because that is exactly what you did, troll more please.