Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Domain expired?

fivetigersfivetigers Arlington, VAMember Posts: 208 Uncommon

So I wanted to check the official forums to see if there was any beta news and... the website is gone.

http://www.wizardsandchampions.com/

There's a Go Daddy banner saying the website expired on 2/2/11 and is pending renewal or deletion! (at least that's what happens when you to go the site today on 2/3/11)

I had just found out about this game too..  =(

Me

Her

Comments

• StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOMember Posts: 1,544 Uncommon

Yeah, not sure what is going on. It's been a good while since there were any updates from Ken on the forums. Hopefully he will either renew the domain, or drop by here and give us an update.

The game was going through a pretty serious conversion, from a traditional combat style to a free aiming style, somewhat like Darkfall or Mortal Online. It was also changing from lobby based to an open world, explained by Ken as Morrowind-esq. We shall see what happens, I sure hope that the game hasn't, like the website seemingly has, gone poof.

• StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOMember Posts: 1,544 Uncommon

Well, the domain seems to have been renewed, and the website is back up. Still can't get to the forums.

• wallet113wallet113 normal, ILMember Posts: 231

BOOYAH

• fivetigersfivetigers Arlington, VAMember Posts: 208 Uncommon

Glad to see it's back up.

Me

Her

• KenFisherKenFisher Northwest, INMember Posts: 5,035 Uncommon

Gotta love accounting screw-ups.  I'm glad this didn't happen in the middle of a beta.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.