Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

FFXI update wil lhave a huge impact on the game

WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,464Member Uncommon

FFXI

This update accoring to Sqaure will almost double xp gains,and now offer skillups for Decent challenge mobs as compared to Even Match or harder mobs.

The game at this stage is old,so it is a good change to encourage new players,so they don't feel overwhelmed and it also further allows more soloing as D/C mobs are for the most ,the norm for soloers.This will also allow duo/trio parties to have more success.

it won't destroy grouping,because grouping now wil lencourage even faster gains,it will however help those that can't find a group or don't want one.

They are also going to remove some more level restrictions of missions that had level caps.

Another huge advert on their site shows that if buying the package deal from D2D,you also get the visions of Abyssea,so really the game is alot more accesible to ALL types of players now.If yo uare a versatile player,you owe it to yourself,to give the game a try,it's not that expensive.

I should tell people that there is one huge blemish that still angers people,you MUST have a verified Credit card to subscribe,the only way around it is to contact by phone Playonline.

Personally i like the changes for one very good reason.It will allow newish players to have fun experiencing more classes,without feeling that huge grind of leveling just one.

Samoan Diamond

Comments

• XzenXzen Los Alamos, NMPosts: 2,607Member Common

I know a lot of people that left the game because of it's current direction. They had to mke these changes so that all the content out side of Abyssea (Because the Majority wont do anything else) would be soloable or done with out a full group.

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,464Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Xzen

I know a lot of people that left the game because of it's current direction. They had to mke these changes so that all the content out side of Abyssea (Because the Majority wont do anything else) would be soloable or done with out a full group.

I agree this is probably the "WHY",at least they show they are not totally stubborn and will make change for the better.

In saying that i am sure  the new Abbysea will be another lame attempt at giving the best of scenario,so people will buy it.I rather see them make some quality xpacs that people will buy for the content not just because it offers faster xp.I wish they would quit with these recent lame xpacs and make something really new and apply them toall zones including older ones.Example add new mobs to old zones,maybe make some changes to old zones add some new quest ect ect.Xpacs are currently high level content only ,even TOAU the last good one was only a 50+ xpac.

For myself it is sad to see that ALL games are played as simple leveling grinds,but such as is the case,i guess catering to what people want,is a good thing,i see these changes as being a good thing for everyone.

Samoan Diamond

• SenanSenan Tuscaloosa, ALPosts: 783Member Uncommon

Sounds like just what the game needed, in my opinion.

When are these changes supposed to take effect?

• LexinLexin Ellenville, NYPosts: 702Member Uncommon

Originally posted by alacres

Sounds like just what the game needed, in my opinion.

When are these changes supposed to take effect?

Mid Feb so my guess is the 15th since it's a tuesday and almost every update comes on tuesdays.