Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ryzom start error

jdmnynjajdmnynja Member Posts: 13

Hey all, I'm getting no luck with customer support from Ryzom, I'm hoping someone here maybe knows a solution to my problem. I patched and restarted the game and end up with this error nel_drv_direct3d_win is a too old version. Ask for more recent file? What is this and how do I fix this issue? I've been working with it all day and would love to try this game out. But I don't understand this or the one fix that google pulled up. I've uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled, tried everything I can think of. Nothing is fixing it. I'm running on Win7 32 bit.

Comments

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

Originally posted by jdmnynja

Hey all, I'm getting no luck with customer support from Ryzom, I'm hoping someone here maybe knows a solution to my problem. I patched and restarted the game and end up with this error nel_drv_direct3d_win is a too old version. Ask for more recent file? What is this and how do I fix this issue? I've been working with it all day and would love to try this game out. But I don't understand this or the one fix that google pulled up. I've uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled, tried everything I can think of. Nothing is fixing it. I'm running on Win7 32 bit.

Do you have DIrectX 9 installed on your system? I think if you have directX 10 or 11 only they are not compatible with directX 9.

I think you can have directX 9 installed in the same system along with directX10/11.

Anyway I'm not sure, cause I use Win XP. Maybe someone playing with Win 7 can help better.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Same problem.  I randomly decided to try the trial out for this game while at work (tried to play it while on my break :P) and I have the same error.  The Ryzom forums are useless, they told me have a virus lol.  Win XP64, with the newest versions of directx.   Game just doesn't work anymore I guess.  I used the torrent to download if that matters.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Finally got the game working yesterday.  Took some patience, but it seems to be a problem with the launcher after you initially patch, the launcher should restart, and for some reason it would not for me, so the game never fully patched.  Anyways, I've played it a few hours and it's a pretty neat game.  I like the skill system, crafting seems pretty deep.  Population seems almost non-existant though.  I have seen a few other players, but in my 4 or 5 hours of playing I haven't hardly seen anyone use the chat channels.

• LudisLudis Member UncommonPosts: 14

Originally posted by Worstluck

Population seems almost non-existant though.  I have seen a few other players, but in my 4 or 5 hours of playing I haven't hardly seen anyone use the chat channels.

That's because the owners of this game no longer care about their players.  They have banned multi-boxing.  They allow a vocal minority dictate policy.  They allow their CSRs to harrass players to the point of causing them to quit game.  The CSRs are even now deleting forum posts that they don't agree with even if they are not inflamatory in any way.  My advice: save your money and try a different game.

• TylantiaTylantia Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by Ludis

Population seems almost non-existant though.  I have seen a few other players, but in my 4 or 5 hours of playing I haven't hardly seen anyone use the chat channels.

That's because the owners of this game no longer care about their players.  They have banned multi-boxing.  They allow a vocal minority dictate policy.  They allow their CSRs to harrass players to the point of causing them to quit game.  The CSRs are even now deleting forum posts that they don't agree with even if they are not inflamatory in any way.  My advice: save your money and try a different game.

As an EX CSR from the Nevrax days I can't comment on whats going on now, except for the odd few CSR who I know personally. These few that I do know would never do the above, in ANY given situation. You can certainly talk about them in more detail, I'm definately interested in that :)

For what its worth, back in 2003-2005 I was known as Secor. I came back to Ryzom last year as Anuihlm and sadly have to leave again.

Anywho like I say, I can't comment on every CSR as I just don't know all of them, I only know a few personally. Fling me a PM or whatever or even chat about it in here a bit more indepth if you can/have the time :)

# SW:TOR : Tylantia, Sivis, Aeonis, Aehris, Xaehrin, Vhyce, Tehren, Suvis
    # Ryzom : Kasumi / Secor / Anuihlm
    # City of Heroes/Villains : @Tylantia
    # Age of Empires Online : Tylantia (Abydos server)
    # Stargate Worlds : Kadael
    # WoW : Tylantia, Siinaar, Sivis, Moofangles, Aehr, Cehr, Chaizen, Ocep, Tzias

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Same problem with OP, the game wont patch. Anyone know of the solution? Running on Win7 64.

• najob75najob75 Member UncommonPosts: 48

Any chance you all using AVG?

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

Finally got the game working yesterday.  Took some patience, but it seems to be a problem with the launcher after you initially patch, the launcher should restart, and for some reason it would not for me, so the game never fully patched.  Anyways, I've played it a few hours and it's a pretty neat game.  I like the skill system, crafting seems pretty deep.  Population seems almost non-existant though.  I have seen a few other players, but in my 4 or 5 hours of playing I haven't hardly seen anyone use the chat channels.

The population of this games seem to be heavily outside the US.  Many people are saying goodnight when I'm playing during the day.  It seems to be really busy during lunchtime.  In any case, Region chat seems to be dead, but Uni is slow to busy depending on the time.

If you make a Tryker and leave the start island, tho, that place always seems to be busy.  The Zorai, on the other hand, will feel absolutely empty, despite the hordes of NPC walking around.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

Hmm, I patched my Win 7 64-bit machine and it ran fine.

Don't forget to try out the Ryzom Ring, if you like to build your own scenarios.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• carrie01carrie01 Member Posts: 77

I got it installed on my laptop, but I am having this exact problem with my tower. How did you get it to finally relaunch after patching? Mine still won't relaunch and if I try to restart the client myself I get the error.

Favorites: Vanguard SOH, Final Fantasy XI, Dungeons and Dragons Online

Future:
    Final Fantasy XIV 2.0
    EverQuest NEXT
    Wizardry Online
    Vanguard F2P edition (fingers crossed)

http://vgrpgblog.blogspot.com/

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200

Here is the response from the Technical forum:

http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=35216

(Post Number 4 is one of Sywindt's recommendations - shown below)

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I downloaded and patched the game myself just now; everything went fine. So the problem lies elsewhere.

nel_drv_opengl_win_r.dll is indeed of an incorrect date; judging by the date it appears to not have been patched at all, so it appears that something has gone wrong during the patching process.

Have any of the other files in your Ryzom installation directory been modified by the patcher? (They would have the date and time of when you patched)

What is the date/time of the client_ryzom_rd.exe file and client_default.cfg files?

To force a repatch, you can delete the "unpack" subdirectory in your Ryzom installation.

Should that give no solution, you can download the correct versions of the files here:

ftp://ftp.ryzom.com/nel_drv_opengl_win_r.dll

ftp://ftp.ryzom.com/nel_drv_direct3d_win_r.dll

Moonlightmist

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200

Here is the link for the CeB download, which is Ryzom's support chat.

http://www.ryzom.com/en/mmorpg-rpg-mmo-support.html

There is usually someone there that can help you.

Please note that some people are having issues with AVG when patching.  Turning off AVG before patching and turning it back on after the patch is done has helped.

Moonlightmist

• TalandisTalandis Member Posts: 18

This is way overkill, but it works for me... (I really didn't know what file went where for sure.)

I have Win7 64 also.

...  Install Ryzom and apply patch.

1. Copy all the contents from the Ryzom/Unpack directory to the main directory ryzom/

2. Copy all the contents from  the Ryzom/Unpack directory to the data directory ryzom/data

3. Copy all the font packages (*.ttf) from the Ryzom/Unpack directory to the font directory Ryzom/data/fonts

4. Rename Ryzom/unpack to Ryzom/unpack-old

5. Restart Ryzom and allow the game to patch one more time for 12.4mb more files.

6. Copy all the contents from the Ryzom/Unpack directory to the main directory Ryzom/

Make sure to jack all the graphic settings up...

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Originally posted by carrie01

I got it installed on my laptop, but I am having this exact problem with my tower. How did you get it to finally relaunch after patching? Mine still won't relaunch and if I try to restart the client myself I get the error.

reinstall the game and turn off your anti-virus and patching will go through , i had exact same problem that what i did but just      a head up the game is great but population is still lacking to keep me playing .

hope this helps