Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game down for maintenance on a Sunday afternoon? Really?

HappyFunBallHappyFunBall Member UncommonPosts: 221

Seriously, wtf?  Who does maintenance during one of the most popular times to play an MMO, or any other game for that matter???.  Why not a weekday and if that, middle of the night sometime (like 4-6 AM).

Unless, they crashed horribly, got hacked, etc.  Then, I can see solving the problem right away, obviously.  But, the error message on their web site says "maintenance", not "we got screwed because of a haxxor!".  Do they always take their web site and game servers offline at the same time?  Meh.

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

The game and site servers are both down because something broke. There's another thread, basically Turbine's hamster died and someone possibly set them up the bomb.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• KaelaienKaelaien Member UncommonPosts: 107
    If it was maintenance they would have said so in game. I was playing at the time and got booted. I believe there was some server issues in the Boston area that may nave caused them to crash.
  • ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Was not announced as such. Game crashed. Then the whole turbine site was down - not just Lotro - ddo and aC also.  So maintenance is not what it is - disaster control. I was in game when it happened - there was not announcement. Just a crash.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

according to a post from Turbine on Facebook, it is a datacenter issue, and it is being worked on now.

• HappyFunBallHappyFunBall Member UncommonPosts: 221

Originally posted by ElderRat

Was not announced as such. Game crashed. Then the whole turbine site was down - not just Lotro - ddo and aC also.  So maintenance is not what it is - disaster control. I was in game when it happened - there was not announcement. Just a crash.

I'm just saying "maintenance", because when you go to www.lotro.com, that's *exactly* what it says.  I'd rather they told the truth, unless they are not responsible for the "maintanence" message that is shown... but I'm 99.99% sure they are.  ;)

http://content.turbine.com/maintenance/

"This site is down for scheduled maintenance and will be back shortly.  Thanks for your patience."

So, I need to hit facebook and twitter to find out that this is a bogus message?  Sad.

• duelkoreduelkore Member Posts: 228

Allright the game is down and you are nerd raging because they said its down for maintenance.   You would rather them say shit broke and we dont know whats going on.  In reality they are now providing maintenance to the servers so they are not lieing. 

I remember once I did a back up and reload for a customer.  It is a simple job.  You clone the hdd nd then erase the customers hard drive, reinstall windows update it configure drivers. I imported the bookmarks and documents from the clone. Reconfigure outllook and job done.  He said I didnt do the job right because I had imported favorites from a clone instead of a cd.  As if Im gonna burn a cd like this in 1999.  I asked him why he felt i did not do the job right.  DID i miss bookmarks or a document?  He said no, he wanted it on a cd and not on a clone drive.  .  I explained how I clone drives so when shit hits the fan and psychos like you question me, I can image the clone back over and get you the hell out of my life.  He still didnt understand how anything worked and how I didnt do the job right.  I asked him if I should image the clone and let him leave with his computer exactly how it was when he arrived.

EVentually the owner lowered the price a measely 25 bucks and say NEVER COME BACK. WE WILL NOT SERVE YOU.  If I was turbine, id look at u like i looked at that guy going on about how he wanted bookmarks back but didnt understand that his bookmarks were back.  If i was turbine i wouldnt allow you to play my f2p game.