Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Beta 5 Preview

2»

Comments

• mpalindatmpalindat Member Posts: 37

i agree. Developer is OP... but please dont nerf!!

• JayRoc_1JayRoc_1 Member Posts: 3

That is the main thing they speak of, on the other game I play, while waiting for the next Rift Beta event. Those that I talk to,and have heard of Rift, and that is alot, says Customer Support first, and the character soul atunement system second, it's wining over people who are not so impressed with the graphics chosen for the enviroment style... I'm suprised when someone says they "don't like the graphics", it's kinda wierd to me that someone would chose enviroment style over ease of play.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by banshe13

So there making Rift invasions even easyer then they already where and where we wanted harder rift invasions as good as beta 2.         They sure listen well O well I wont be playing it since it is not what I was betting my gaming on.  They told of rifts would be bad ass and a challenge not easy mode nope failed that in beta 1 3 4 5 and now 6.  Class's where to have freedom failed there as well they all have the same talent and skills.

Rift will be on life support in 6 months from people going in it thinking is was going to be a mix of EQ  and  early world of war craft challenge but its just a easy mode game.

PVP is as they said battle ground mini games but much smaller then even I was thinking want to hit the enemy side's base ok run 10 secs forward 20 on the larger mini game map.

That was very hard to read mate, Maybe you should look over that again.

Anyways, I also hope that Rift doesn't become easy mode, I think that will majorly influence my decision to buy the product.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Amphib_IanAmphib_Ian Member Posts: 170

i am looking forward to playing the beta event today. i have mild to moderate expectations so there is no way they can really fail them. i've only seen one trailer and barely read anything about this product but it was enough to get me interested in trying it and applying for beta. im mostly looking for something different from all my fall back mmos. i hope that i am pleasantly surprised :) GL and HF everyone.

• MesfenlirMesfenlir Member Posts: 208

This guys at trion are doing an awesome job listening to their player´s base.

They show care for their first born mmo child.

I dont know if the game will be a success or a flop but I tell you these guys deserve a bright future.

Some games might learn a lesson or two about listening to your costumers... and yes I am thinking about warhammer.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

great work devs doing & nice to see they listen to all feedbacks. hope to find high standard game once released.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

I dunno about the rest of you but I thought giving out 25 keys to beta testers so you could invite friends and guild members to the beta was a very good idea .Trion do seam pretty clued up . I think this game will do very well indeed .

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265

Hah - intentional or not, that's the thing I haven't seen yet in the Rift Beta, the gold spammers.  Maybe they are waiting for release so Trion can't counter them before it starts.  It's just a matter of time with all this interest, and I hope the devs have something to slow them down.

Haven't seen any obvious bots either, but that could be the same idea, to not tip your hand before it counts.

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

Originally posted by Rommie10-284

Hah - intentional or not, that's the thing I haven't seen yet in the Rift Beta, the gold spammers.  Maybe they are waiting for release so Trion can't counter them before it starts.  It's just a matter of time with all this interest, and I hope the devs have something to slow them down.

Haven't seen any obvious bots either, but that could be the same idea, to not tip your hand before it counts.

The game is shipping with a built in spam filter, the devs have stated is a learning filter though, so people will have to report spam when they see it and it will eventually taper off.

That's a good beginning imo but the only thing that can prevent botters and hackers from totally screwing a game...*cough*Aion...is an active GM presence on the server so they can just ban those assholes outright. 

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Must say I'm impressed by the changes here.

Almost all of the practical stuff I asked them to change or add has indeed been added or changed in this patch so far, with some stuff like the OP racials coming later on.

Great job Trion, I mean it.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by mmogawd

Originally posted by Shatten

i wonder if Rift will be one up or even match against Guild Wars 2?

My only hope is that Rift is good enough to hold me over until the release of  GW2 :)

I can't compare it to GW2 but one game I think it does match from what I've seen is Vanilla WoW . It may even be one up on it . Much depends on the endgame . I've heard rumours they have had a million pre-orders already how true these are remains to be seen . But I would'nt be suprised .

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I really am impressed with how this game is shaping up. I really wasnt that impressed during the early beta tests but at this point I can't complain. Like a lot of people said, the devs are so reactive. I can't count how many times I actually saw them on the servers helping people fix stuff.