Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My opinion of Risk Your Life after Open Beta

2»

Comments

• MalicusMalicus Member Posts: 307

Here is just a few reasons I dont like this game. No PWG rep can convince me otherwiseimage

1. Classes are terribly unbalanced which is apparent in almost all pvp matches I had.

2. Bad Storyline..e.g Akkans (Orcs and Dark elves) are able to get shotguns and cannons and such

3. Gms are purposely unhelpful - such as telling people they will help them at a specific "unsafe"   location and letting all the experienced player killers camp and harvest any new players who come for help(is this the great support you all speak of?).

4. Horrible lag and or stuttering issues of graphics on most pcs as well as a random crash bug that pwg seems unable to fix

5. World full of kill stealing players and ppl popping up duel request boxes.and trade requests and such mid battle so as to get you killed

6. Certain player classes cant avoid kill stealing such as gunner and archers charge up skills from a distance.

7. Uninspired pathetic quests (kill 3 mushrooms..now kill 4 king mushrooms..now go talk to dippy blah blah)

8. General Apathy by Gms on ppl problems ingame

9. Quest popups happen mid battle and end up killing you right as you finish quest if you are still fighting

10. Mobs(monsters) spawn instantly afterwards which can be terribly frustrating should you be fighting in challenging areas

11. Overall immature pk attitude by alot of players who are just there too grief others

12. Other map teleports are often camped by Hi level player killers to pk exploring new players for "fame"

13. Players basically rewarded for kill stealing, player killing or harrassing other players

Unfortuantely I could go on and on...WHAT A GREAT GAME

• Dark-$ageDark-$age Member Posts: 81
    Well..... we have our opinions, and you have yours...... you don't like this game? then don't play it..... and since you hate this game sooooooo much, why don't you at least restrain yourself from posting in the RYL:PATH OF THE EMPEROR DISSCUSSION..... we ain't gonna convinvce you otherwise of the game and you won't convince us.... so just leave
    Typical attitude of a pwg employee above
  • sphinxersphinxer Member Posts: 53

1. Classes are terribly unbalanced which is apparent in almost all pvp matches I had.
    2. Bad Storyline..e.g Akkans (Orcs and Dark elves) are able to get shotguns and cannons and such
    3. Gms are purposely unhelpful - such as telling people they will help them at a specific "unsafe" location and letting all the experienced player killers camp and harvest any new players who come for help(is this the great support you all speak of?).
    4. Horrible lag and or stuttering issues of graphics on most pcs as well as a random crash bug that pwg seems unable to fix
    5. . World full of kill stealing players and ppl popping up duel request boxes.and trade requests and such mid battle so as to get you killed
    6. Certain player classes cant avoid kill stealing such as gunner and archers charge up skills from a distance.
    7. . Uninspired pathetic quests (kill 3 mushrooms..now kill 4 king mushrooms..now go talk to dippy blah blah)
    8. . General Apathy by Gms on ppl problems ingame
    9. Quest popups happen mid battle and end up killing you right as you finish quest if you are still fighting
    10. Mobs(monsters) spawn instantly afterwards which can be terribly frustrating should you be fighting in challenging areas
    11. Overall immature pk attitude by alot of players who are just there too grief others
    12. Other map teleports are often camped by Hi level player killers to pk exploring new players for "fame"
    13. Players basically rewarded for kill stealing, player killing or harrassing other players
    1. Don't know what game you've been playing, but the classes are alot more balanced.. you obviously aren't very good at PvPing.
    2. WTF does Akkans having gunarms have anything to do with the story line? I bet you haven't even read the story for RYL1.
    3. How is this support? This is a GM goofing around with the PWG community... trying to liven things up.... and only way "new" players could get killed by "experienced" PKs is if the "new" players were in a guild, or the PKers are exploiting the game.
    4. What free server doesn't have lag?
    5. You can goto options and check "auto decline" for all those things. KSing happens, GMs try to catch people KSing, if that person is reported by multiple people.
    6. Wtf? They can hit CTRL and it cancals their skills. Anyone can AVOID KSing if they TRY to.
    7. And what do other games have? Talk to the gnome and gather 3 yards of silk? Bring back 200 goblin hats? wow... oh perhaps... raise your wood choping skill 4 levels?
    8. They care alot about people ingame, and out of game. They can only do so much for so many people at a time.
    9. You can hold down enter if you don't want to read it, or click faster...
    10. they don't spawn INSTANTLY they takes 10 seconds or so. If you don't want them to attack you, move to a spot where they aren't, and rest.
    11. And this doesn't go on in other games? No... must just be RYL.
    12. then perhaps this would inspire you to get higher level so you don't get killed? and if they are "new" then they have no fame to lose, there for give no fame.
    13. When has anyone ever been rewarded? I haven't seen a single person get rewarded yet for KSing or PKing, unless it was in an event in which case all rules are basically off.

And you can't say this is a "Typical PWG Staff response" Because well, you don't know any of the staff and you don't know how they would respond.... Have even made any suggestions to PWG to make their game better? No, didn't think so. You decide to sit back here in a forum away from PWG and flame them for trying to make it into the MMORPG market.

more lies and assumptions by someone obviously with a vested interest. And to act like I didnt try and talk to support is ridiculous...the only way you can get any notice from them is to badmouth this putrid game..then they all come running..some of them disguised like you as a gamer
  • sphinxersphinxer Member Posts: 53

yeah.. "Disguised" as myself... good one! Go ahead check to forum on Ryl.net. You'll find me.

• Dark-$ageDark-$age Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Malicus
    Typical attitude of a pwg employee above

im not a pwg employee nor do i pretend to be, im just a normal gamer who enjoys this game more than others.
  • tronixz03tronixz03 Member Posts: 12
    My opinion about RYL after the Open Beta... the US version is much better than the Malaysian version. The US version  is a bug FREE game and the performance is ok you dont get those long lags]!!! and the graphics is really realistic and the sounds was great!! image