Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best mmo no one played?

channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

This game imo is a real hidden gem. I'm going to try and give it a review based on a week of playtime.

Background/setting

Eastern china mythology based. They did a pretty good and authentic job at that. 

Graphic/art style

Graphic is average for a f2p game and can't compare with p2p games like aion or aoc or even cutting edge f2p like vindictus. Art style is where the game shine and manage to bring it's world to life. From building architecture to character design. 

PVE

Questing and pve play in this game is one of the best i've seen. It's imo even better than some p2p game. Sear variety of pve activity and good quest writing keep the play interesting and the player happy. 

PVP

I'm playing on a pvp server and pk happen a lot. You won't lose item and stuff but you'll get death penalty if you lose in pk. There's an extensive criminal system to keep pvp interesting.

Crafting

Gone are the days of running around searching for material and sitting there repeating a few button and click to achieve master crafter. The only limitation in crafting is that each person can choose 2 type of crafting only.

Pet/Mount

Very extensive pet and mount system which require you to invest quite some time to train and get your pet and mount. They can be quite useful in a variety of situation(depending on type of pet/mount). They can also run mission and earn money for you.

Final Note

Zentia is a game that got a lot of things right in my book. The game is fill with a lot of activity and stuff for you to do. From maze solving to dancing for exp to playing sudoku. They also have a elaborate guild system which include guild research and crafting. 

Conclusion

If your bored waiting for the next big thing then i would recommend anyone who is not turn off by eastern chinese mythology to give it a try. My only gripe with the game is that some of the people i meet in the are quite rude and immature.

Comments

• sneakyvickysneakyvicky Member Posts: 48

Let's agree to disagree, the pk penalties are laughable. You don't drop items but you can be killed, at any lvl by a high lvl char and you will pay for it, and if you're killed repeatedly, you will keep paying. ( did I mention being killed 20 times by the same player is not considered as harassment on zentia aparently)   While the attacker..that is IF you report them to jailer,,will pay less or as much as you did, except...most of the attackers are high lvl with lots of gold-contrary ot the lowbies getting killed.  Makes sense? Not in my world.

"Final Note

Zentia is a game that got a lot of things right in my book. The game is fill with a lot of activity and stuff for you to do. From maze solving to dancing for exp to playing sudoku. They also have a elaborate guild system which include guild research and crafting."

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

I beg to disagree. True, player can kill u over and over again but

what do they gain by killing u 20 times?

nothing

what do u lose by being killed 20 times?

nothing if u wait it out at the free healing site

Will you complaint if ur camp and killed and looted by high powered pirate in eve online 20 times in a row?

They're waiting for u in the mining field so u can't mine there, will you complaint to the gm that ur being harrass?

come on man

It's a hostile world out there. You'll have to be careful what u do and who u piss off. Ur action will have consequences. 

This may look like a care bear game, it may even play like a care bear game but be careful because underneath the care bear feature it is a brutal pvp game. I think many player cannot handle this fact well.

I don't call the game broken when ur farm by high level player because u have the choice to do the same once u are higher level or u can do this to low level player if u want to.

I don't call the world pvp and end game broken because it's monopoly by 2 dominating guild because they are smart and work together. Any group can monopolize mount fairy if they want to and powerful enough to thus it's not a bug or exploit and the gm won't care about this complaint. It's because the player outside of the 2 dominating guild choosing not to or too lazy to work together that end up handling the 2 dominating guild the monopoly that they possess.

I don't blame other people of exploit or server transfer or blame the system broken because i have the same potential to be as powerful as they are.

It basically the same with eve online.

You don't blame the game and qq to gm because 1 organization conquer the whole eve universe.

You don't cry foul and report to gm when ur spaceship is destroy by a group of high lv pirate and u lost everything u had.

The problem in the game is that the rest of the player is not willing to work together to bring down those 2 guild. Imagine if 5 other big guild who is not dragien work together and hunt down dragien guild member during ten position event. 

Dragien may have the top 5 most powerful player in their guild but they can't go againts all the other player IF the other player work together.

If u wanna say the game is broken or some kinda exploit please explain in detail otherwise nobody will understand what kind of problem ur facing. But from the various complaint in the forum i've read, i would say it's not the 2 dominating guild fault and they have the right to monopolize the end game because they know how to work together. If other guild form a bigger alliance among themself they can also monopolize the end game if they wanted to.

But i can see ur dissapointment in this game as this game is kinda like wow plus darkfall or eve. Not everyone can stomach getting griefed and powerful guild owning the game. For me i kinda like the idea of the evil "empire" guild owning the game and good people in the game should try to take down this super villian. 

• sneakyvickysneakyvicky Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by channel84

I beg to disagree. True, player can kill u over and over again but

what do they gain by killing u 20 times?

nothing

what do u lose by being killed 20 times?

nothing if u wait it out at the free healing site

Will you complaint if ur camp and killed and looted by high powered pirate in eve online 20 times in a row?

They're waiting for u in the mining field so u can't mine there, will you complaint to the gm that ur being harrass?

come on man

It's a hostile world out there. You'll have to be careful what u do and who u piss off. Ur action will have consequences. 

This may look like a care bear game, it may even play like a care bear game but be careful because underneath the care bear feature it is a brutal pvp game. I think many player cannot handle this fact well.

I don't call the game broken when ur farm by high level player because u have the choice to do the same once u are higher level or u can do this to low level player if u want to.

I don't call the world pvp and end game broken because it's monopoly by 2 dominating guild because they are smart and work together. Any group can monopolize mount fairy if they want to and powerful enough to thus it's not a bug or exploit and the gm won't care about this complaint. It's because the player outside of the 2 dominating guild choosing not to or too lazy to work together that end up handling the 2 dominating guild the monopoly that they possess.

I don't blame other people of exploit or server transfer or blame the system broken because i have the same potential to be as powerful as they are.

It basically the same with eve online.

You don't blame the game and qq to gm because 1 organization conquer the whole eve universe.

You don't cry foul and report to gm when ur spaceship is destroy by a group of high lv pirate and u lost everything u had.

The problem in the game is that the rest of the player is not willing to work together to bring down those 2 guild. Imagine if 5 other big guild who is not dragien work together and hunt down dragien guild member during ten position event. 

Dragien may have the top 5 most powerful player in their guild but they can't go againts all the other player IF the other player work together.

If u wanna say the game is broken or some kinda exploit please explain in detail otherwise nobody will understand what kind of problem ur facing. But from the various complaint in the forum i've read, i would say it's not the 2 dominating guild fault and they have the right to monopolize the end game because they know how to work together. If other guild form a bigger alliance among themself they can also monopolize the end game if they wanted to.

I;m not new to mmos, been playing for 10 years now and I know all about pvp and pk..as I said let's agree to disagree on this one. Because, 1st- playerbase in Zentia is too small not to restrict pk and  not to establish harassment rule. And btw- the lowbies DO lose as I said they pay for repairs and injury and if you're one of those being pked repeatedly ..I doubt  you'd enjoy a game where you have to sit at the altar all day ( because altar is 30 mins if there is no line-up) 

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378

Took a peek.. pfft  not my type of game.

Kain_Dale

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

The introductory movie is the best part of this game. It only goes downhill after that. Poor graphics and quite boring are my main gripes.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...