Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to play FFXI?

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

If you are looking to play,i just started up again on Asura,you are free to give me a shout,if you want to duo/trio,look for other memebers start up a LS,whatever.I just noticed my old LS is still there but i have not seen one player login,so either they are gone to FFXIV or what not.

You wil lneed a verified Credit card to play,this means it must be verified by Visa or Mastercard or any card that uses this new security option.

I just did a /sea all and there is 2381,not too bad really.I actually thought there might be more since i was literally bumping into people in Jueno,and usually most hangout in Whitegate.

Plenty to do in the game before needing to worry about end game stuff,so don't be afraid to give the game a try,it is really cheap to buy most of the original large xpacs up to Wings of Goddess.

Btw,registry tweak will give the game a much better look so it won't be all pixelated.

There is a ffxi configuration tool under program files before starting up the viewer.

Basically set overlay to desktop,don't touch the background  as you set that to 800 value in the registry tweak for both 003 and 0004 entries.

add bump mapping/uncompressed textures/mip mapping.

to find registry...

start...regedit,then click regedit.

hkeylocal machine...Wow6432mode...Playonline US/Sqaure Enix/FFXI

then opens up several registry entires for FFXI. really al lyou need to make game look better is to change the values under 0003 [modify]=value data=800        and 0004[modify]=value data =800.

Then when yo ustart the game up,it will look tons better,smoother edges over allclearer graphics.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

Was this a question or a statement?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Originally posted by Warzod

Was this a question or a statement?

Called my accidental keyboard hit lol,fixed sorry.

Just figured more people should try the best MMORPG ever created before it is too late.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

Heh no worries. Welcome back.

• AzminAzmin Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by Wizardry

Btw,registry tweak will give the game a much better look so it won't be all pixelated.

There is a ffxi configuration tool under program files before starting up the viewer.

Basically set overlay to desktop,don't touch the background  as you set that to 800 value in the registry tweak for both 003 and 0004 entries.

add bump mapping/uncompressed textures/mip mapping.

to find registry...

start...regedit,then click regedit.

hkeylocal machine...Wow6432mode...Playonline US/Sqaure Enix/FFXI

then opens up several registry entires for FFXI. really al lyou need to make game look better is to change the values under 0003 [modify]=value data=800        and 0004[modify]=value data =800.

Then when yo ustart the game up,it will look tons better,smoother edges over allclearer graphics.

While this is good information, I feel as a PC technician, I should point out that you don't want to muck with your Registry settings without knowing what you're changing, it can do bad things to your Windows install.

Instead I would suggest checking out windower.net, it is the site for the unofficial FFXI windower, you can change the same settings through a user interface without fear of changing something else accidentally. 

• JTBonzJTBonz Member Posts: 2

how much does it cost a month to play???? i always wanted it.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

$12.95, and currently if you have a FFXIV account and link XI to your Square-Enix account where your XIV one is, they'll only charge you $7 a month.

• JTBonzJTBonz Member Posts: 2

found it on steam for 4.99 with all expansions,just dont have a way to purchase online,so im bumming!! ty tho

• AkaroniaAkaronia Member Posts: 138

Well it is all good but it is not just a verified card you literally have to get a secure code and if your bank does not support this program you can not play FF XI.  It is, however more secure this way and IMO if my bank does not support it I am not too sure I want to stay there especially with what has happened to Sony I actually need to to secure myself.  BUt this means I just put out the money for nothing for now and am missing out on my first free month.  So be forwarned before you buy it do not buy it until you have gone to mastercardsecurecode.com and make sure the institution you bank with supports it or not or you will be out or have to switch banks.

• ZinefriZinefri Member Posts: 34

It is possible to play using a credit card without the secure code or verified by visa programs. But it's more work to use it, you have to call up Square and have them verify it's really you and input the info.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=54216&id=20