Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it now?

LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

How is the game these days? 

Comments

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Well, my opinion of the game has been and still somewhat favors a negative stance... so instead of giving my biased opinion which would draw antagonistic replies.... I would recommend perhaps getting a buddy key from someone and trying it out for yourself.  I would toss one your way, but I dont think I have any left.

Or just go to the games website and read up on some threads in the forums to get an idea to.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I tried it back in september it was the same pos that it was at launch at that point.  I hear they had some updates however nothing even remotely would intrest me at this point.  It sill is grind out stuff at va to get more stuff to put on your ship, and but stuff in the store.

See if you can get a budy key and go from there, but I would not resub,  just wait a few months it will go free to play.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Not too much has changed.  The new weekly episodes are cool but there has only been 2 or 3 released in the last 3 months so they are not really "weekly" in any sense of the word.  I jumped back in when season 3 came out, the crafting changed a bit with them adding many new items to craft but you need to find rare resoruce drops to make things so it is still a struggle to make what you want.  Season 3 broke the Deferi episodes and I never got to finish that line after waiting two weeks for them to fix it.  The C-Store continues to get new content while no freebies make it into the game.  While other dev's are giving customers freebies for chirstmas, all Cryptic gave out was a 20% discount to the C-Store, the same discount they give every month.  I think Turbine is the king of holiday freebies and I love the way they handle them.

The guy above has the right idea though, try it with a buddy key or you can pick it up on amazon for $2.50 and try it for 30 days.  Just because most of us dont like it here does not mean you wont find it fun.  I liked the first 30 days of play, it was the lack of content at higher levels and crappy PVP that makes me regret the lifetime sub I purchased.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431
    We'll the lines in space are optional now, so it looks better. The weekly episodes were actually fun to play. But it will not be worth trying again until the foundry (user generated content) is live. It is still on the testing server, but will greatly increase the number ST type quests. So you won't have to grind out content you don't like. Just play through the missions and top rated foundry missions.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Sounds like it is not really a "ready" game yet. I will put it on my check back in 1 year list. 

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

considering you can get the game for 2,5$ and 60 days GTC for 10-14$ I'd say its worth it.

Me, I got it for christmas and Im enjoying it while waiting for March and Dragon Age 2...there's definately more to do now and once the foundry is finalised and player made missions are reality it's going to be even better.

• OzHawkeyeOzHawkeye Member Posts: 13

It's steadily, but slowly, improving.

Launch: Awful. Terrible. Half-finished.

Now: Mediocore, repetitive, two-thirds finished.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

I don't really see how they can justify a monthly sub for this game, I mean, really.

On top of the C-store.

No, just no.