Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World player housing, pvp, crafting is +

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Healthy population and a skill cap over lvl 99+ grindfest is preffered

No 3rd party programs or any cheats allowed.

PP2/F2P or PM server name, anyone?

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Wurm Online.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Gardavil2Gardavil2 Member Posts: 394

Originally posted by GTwander
    Wurm Online.

Yes I agree, Wurm Online fits the OP's specifications. A most excellent MMO. A head's up... they are not quite finished with it yet, patience is required.

I am the Player that wonders... "What the %#*& just happened?!"
    "I Believe... There should be NO financial connection or portals between the Real World and the Virtual in MMOs. "
    __Ever Present Cockroach of the MMO Verses__
    ...scurrying to and fro... .munching on bits of garbage... always under foot...

Originally posted by Gardavil2

Wurm Online.

Yes I agree, Wurm Online fits the OP's specifications. A most excellent MMO. A head's up... they are not quite finished with it yet, patience is required.

Yeah, the owners say it's still in beta, but I don't buy into it. It's been gold for years, and while lots of major changes are made still, especially with some of the newer art staff in on it, it's no different than any other MMO that patches itself constantly. I'd call it 'unpolished', but it's not 'unfinished' whatsoever. There's more to do in it than any other game on the market.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Thx for the replays. When I saw Wurm Online there is no doubt it uses one of the most outdated, ugliest 3d engine that ruins it all for me. It doesn't even have to include PvP, just some MMORPG that I can immerse myself in.

Secondlife is unplayable due to the fact it requires irl $ to buy basically everything virtual, but it's sad that there isn't anything else atm?

I try to be as simple as I can. Open world, healthy population (aka not dying MMO) and rest is just bonus...

UO, SWG, EQ2 is all I can think of atm, but I quit UO 6 years ago, I was banned in SWG like 5 years ago and EQ2 seems like another dying MMORPG that will just die with EQ: Next that was announced.

Anyone?

• ItilosItilos Member CommonPosts: 39

I'm in the exact same boat as you, man. I've been looking for a while and still can't find one that appeals to me.

Played: EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, EVE, LotRO, AoC, RoM, FoM, CoX, PotBS, GW, SWG, VG, PS, and others.

• lucianbonnlucianbonn Member Posts: 48

Haven and Hearth

If you consider 600 people "healthy" 

Originally posted by lucianbonn

Haven and Hearth

He wouldn't be able to get over how it looks.

I recommend he stop looking for these kinds of games because one with the graphics he demands doesn't exist, or simply won't cut it because of what it's missing, or because it's broken in certain places.

• LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222

Haven and Hearth

I recommend he stop looking for these kinds of games because one with the graphics he demands doesn't exist, or simply won't cut it because of what it's missing, or because it's broken in certain places.

Quoted for truth

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Kopogero
    Thx for the replays. When I saw Wurm Online there is no doubt it uses one of the most outdated, ugliest 3d engine that ruins it all for me. It doesn't even have to include PvP, just some MMORPG that I can immerse myself in.
    Secondlife is unplayable due to the fact it requires irl $ to buy basically everything virtual, but it's sad that there isn't anything else atm?
    I try to be as simple as I can. Open world, healthy population (aka not dying MMO) and rest is just bonus...
    UO, SWG, EQ2 is all I can think of atm, but I quit UO 6 years ago, I was banned in SWG like 5 years ago and EQ2 seems like another dying MMORPG that will just die with EQ: Next that was announced.
    Anyone?

If you want a new game, you'll need to wait for Arche Age Online.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

Haven and Hearth

This

i think for the past few years, many people have asked for this kind MMO, but all the answer are just the same for the past years, It's an endless cycle recommendation of Wurm, HAE, Vanguard, EvE, Ryzom,  you name it

but many were turned off by the graphics

you guys asking for games like this should realize that, as for now, that kind of MMO does not exist,

its either wait for the upcoming games such as ArcheAge, GW2, SWTOR, RIFT, TERA

or you could just see the gazillion thread that people ask for the open world MMO, with more or less the same answer you are probably looking for

So What Now?

• lucianbonnlucianbonn Member Posts: 48

Bad 2d graphics are not as bad as bad 3d graphics, dont rule it out without looking at it first. 

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

Runescape is a very dedicated "skiller" game, quite dated tho, and browser based. Lots of servers. F2P with P2P for additional skills and areas.

http://www.runescape.com

• LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222

Runescape is pretty much pve darkfall in a way theres no open world pvp unless they add the wilderness back.

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

• chillikingchilliking Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by Leagolx

Runescape is pretty much pve darkfall in a way theres no open world pvp unless they add the wilderness back.

Not correct. They have some PVP servers with openworld pvp.