Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Divine Soul - A true next-gen title imo

NikojNikoj Member Posts: 57

This "next-gen" thing is getting thrown around quite often with new titles that offer a somewhat out of the ordinary  combat system that gets rid of 1-2-3 button spam that was often proclaimed as a no skill system... but the reason why I think Divine Souls truly takes things next-gen is because of 2 things: Endgame and Grappling system.

The built-in PvP arena gives the game a sort of MMOFPS feel since there are many game modes (will be lol) which would make the game brake the bars of the MMOs so far since you'll always have something to do and you'll always be able to casualy log in and play a game or two. The only thing I'd add to the game here are some PvE group elements since dungs so far seem to be soloable and don't offer that much of a chalenge.

Second I mentioned the Grappling system, Vindictus did somethin like this but from the PvP vids it gave me the impression that it can't be used or is not used there, this takes PvP to a next level since it adds a third variable, so far it's been Attack and Defend which are prity simple, if you have your guard up u'r invinsible for the time-being but now grapling makes things more exciting since you can fight against anything the enemy throws at you... kinda like rock-paper-scissors.

After playin this for a week I really can't imagine playin Vindictus (I'm from Europe) or Core Blaze in the future and being happy with the PvP system there without Grappling.

Still Outspark f%cked the game up hard ...

Well my 2 cents x)

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I will give it a try.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Those are all fine things but it is not enough to call it next gen.

A next gen game needs to change the genre, like what Diablo did for action games, Half life/counter strike for FPS and Total Annihilation for RTS games.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Next gen? Divine Souls? Gosh, I was bored with it in less than an hour. This might appeal somewhat to console gamers, but this is almost unplayable without gamepad. For a next gen MMO looks towards GW2 or something, not this, uhm, game.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by Yaruna

Next gen? Divine Souls? Gosh, I was bored with it in less than an hour. This might appeal somewhat to console gamers, but this is almost unplayable without gamepad. For a next gen MMO looks towards GW2 or something, not this, uhm, game.

Guild Wars isn't next gen really, all its done is improved on whats already out there right now, nothing too innovative. 

A truly next gen game will change the genre, Guild Wars 2 will not. 

I'm thinking more on the lines of The Secret World and Arche Age, which still aren't bringing nothing innventive, but they are reviving things that haven't been in MMO's for a long time. Also, a good sandpark might be what we need.

I don't mean to be having a go at you, I just don't like the word "innovative" being thrown at every single MMO that gets released. I mean, I wish it was true, but sadly it isn't for the most part.

Oh, and on topic, I like this game! This and Dungeons and Dragons Online are the only two action orientated games I can play right now, Vindictus and DragonNest can't be played in Europe :( 

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

i want to play but none of the links work

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by Valua

Originally posted by Yaruna

Guild Wars isn't next gen really, all its done is improved on whats already out there right now, nothing too innovative. 

Thank you so much, finally someone else acknowledging that!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!