Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are all the sound effects???

HappyFunBallHappyFunBall Member UncommonPosts: 221

I know I tried this game once, but when I just tried it again (yesterday) it seemed completely different, and I didn't remember a thing... anyway...

So far, I like this game, but for some reason I can't understand, where are all the sound effects?

I mean, I don't feel immersed at all, because the lack of sound effects when I walk, cast certain (most) spells (I'm a summoner), attack and get attacked (sound effects are there, but very minimal) and many other types of sound effects are just plain absent from the game.  One might think this isn't a big deal, but I don't really feel like I'm playing the game when I'm actually playing it, as most of what I do has almost 0 audio feedback.  This seems like a no-brainer, and even the crappiest of MMO have sound effects for everything you toon does, and audio feedback from the environment as well.

Is this something they are going to add?  Is it a bug?  Or is this "as (badly) designed".

Comments

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Not all the sound effects are gone, but they do seem  to have messed a few of them up. I especially liked the Ice flow sound effect from mages, I really miss that one. However many sound effects are still there, some back after a period with almost no sounds. If you still have it installed try it again, it might be a bit better already.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...