Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

warning Perpetuum

2»

Comments

• scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

Originally posted by yorkforce
    Hes talking about EP allocation, you get 20000 EP to spend on skills per account (not per character) 20000 EP = about 2-3 weeks worth as you get 1 EP per minute regardless if your logged in or not. At worst he made a 2 week mistake.

In regards to new players who are thinking about trying this and could potentially make the same error, either a) research your options before spending any EP or b) use the 4 day trial option for £2.95, if you mess up you can just make a brand new account with the 30 day subscription. Tbh I have no idea why people go out and pay 6 moths sub for a game thats just been released without really knowing anything about it.

I kinda love how they expect you to pay for a trial, you think it'd be free to attract some people.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
    -Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by scythe99

I kinda love how they expect you to pay for a trial, you think it'd be free to attract some people.

Like with pretty much any game, trial accounts are usually not offered with or very soon after launch because of unnecessary server load.

Take it or leave it.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by BoyC

Originally posted by mrw0lf

Wait what? respec in the pipeline, why? You make a mistake you pay a price, where's the problem?

Not exactly. A one-time, limited (as in once within the first 45 days after you created your first character) account reset will be possible. Nothing more.

This seems to be inline with what I was talking to one of the other devs about a couple weeks ago.  There is gives each player a way to get straight from the get go with a one time redo.  Normally this will be used within the first couple of days I imagine as many people are not to sure about what route to go and I think its a genius idea to allow this to happen.

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

The respec is in the patch today. You have to delete all your characters from your account then you can respec and get all your ep back, including your initial 20k/40k. You do lose your items and nic though unless you transfer them to another account. And you will lose money spent on buying extensions of course. So, it's not completely without cost.

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

Originally posted by Mahlo

The respec is in the patch today. You have to delete all your characters from your account then you can respec and get all your ep back, including your initial 20k/40k. You do lose your items and nic though unless you transfer them to another account. And you will lose money spent on buying extensions of course. So, it's not completely without cost.

Yup you can now do account resets witin the first 45 days of play :)

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

plz put the respect limit to 15 days not 45 

also how you will balance that ? because you can train basic miner extensions and change to combat  and that can change the low-end materials price ..

i hope you will charge for the respect so ppl actualy pay for their actions :D

Originally posted by BoyC

Originally posted by mrw0lf

Wait what? respec in the pipeline, why? You make a mistake you pay a price, where's the problem?

Not exactly. A one-time, limited (as in once within the first 45 days after you created your first character) account reset will be possible. Nothing more.

BestSigEver :P