Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting and Gardening?

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Are the crafting and gardening activities more like WoW's professions where they are just sidelines to the main game of questing and getting cards, or are they more like Eve Online's industrialization where you can spend the entire game doing only crafting?

My wife plays Farmville and I'd like to spend some time playing a game with her, but I can't stand Farmville. How would you compare the crafting and gardening in Wizard 101 to Farmville?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• KingsIsleKingsIsle Community Manager of KingsIsleMember Posts: 158

Gardening is a side activity in Wizard101. It is completely optional, but very lucrative!

Players collect seeds from their adventures in the Spiral, and those seeds can be planted in a dorm or castle. As the seeds mature, they require attention in the form of spells cast on them that provide essentials such as water, light, pollination etc.

When a plant reaches the mature stage, it can be harvested. Different types and levels of plants grant different rewards upon harvest, including but not limited to gold, reagents, treasure cards and gardening experience. As the Wizard's gardening skill increases, they are able to plant more varied and powerful plants. 

Many players are opting to keep all their gardening efforts as the focus of one of the total six characters allowed on the account. In your case, this would allow your partner to create a character on your account which would be the sole caretaker for the plants on that character. Once harvested, the items can be placed in the Shared Bank or sold, and more seeds can be obtained. 

If you think this would get your partner interested in Wizard101, give it a try, you never know you mind find yourself battling for who gets to log in and play.

If you have any other gardening questions, check out the official update notes at https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/december2010 and if you need any other information, please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected]

~Professor Greyrose

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Nifty. I'd actually be aiming for two accounts instead of one. Ideally we'd play at the same time. Thanks for the info. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• KingsIsleKingsIsle Community Manager of KingsIsleMember Posts: 158

That's great to hear!

I don't want you to be disappointed, so I want to clarify that the only items that can be traded between two different account logins are Treasure Cards - the Shared Bank is only shared between Wizards on the same account login.

If your partner starts off with a character on your account, and then decides she wants her own account, she can request the character be transferred from one account to another.

Enjoy and see you in the Spiral!