Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lorehound interview with Derek Smart

dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

Now that all that legal mumbo jumbo is behind us, I have done a batch of interviews in the past week and which are now starting to appear. The first one is up at Lorehound.

Enjoy!

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

Comments

• JabshakkJabshakk Member UncommonPosts: 16

I hope that everything works out for you guys and for the Game.

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

Thanks. We''re working very hard and I believe that 2011 will be an even better year for QOL and Alganon.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Sounds good, and I wish the best for you guys too.

• Meh-sah-yaMeh-sah-ya Member Posts: 17

Most of the stuff sounds good actually, very informative. Also glad that you population is decent(ish).  However, I dont really buy into the whole 'super-pack- argument. Regardless of whether you are right in your explanation of why it is done this way, it still creates a barrier that is hard to overcome for some players so it makes you lose customers. Just my 2c

EDIT: I just read this

http://lorehound.com/news/news/mmos/the-story-of-alganon-curse-of-a-wow-clone/

http://lorehound.com/news/the-story-of-alganon-curse-of-a-wow-clone-–-part-iv/

DAMN, I digg the way these articles are done. Respect.

Santa Claus says such cruel things.

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

You don't need to buy the Super Pak in order to play the game. That pak contains $30 worth of items for $19.95.

As the interview states, if you want to level past 30 and up to 50, you only need to buy a level pack. So a mere $5 takes you all the way to level 50 in the form of two level packs @ $2.50 each.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Originally posted by dsmart

You don't need to buy the Super Pak in order to play the game. That pak contains $30 worth of items for $19.95.

As the interview states, if you want to level past 30 and up to 50, you only need to buy a level pack. So a mere $5 takes you all the way to level 50 in the form of two level packs @ $2.50 each.

Sounds cheap enough to me, my guess the only people who disagree are the ones using their neighbours wireless.. Anyway well done, nice to see your game coming along.