Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online Server Down Till Tomorrow

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• DerpidumDerpidum Member Posts: 89

Till tomorrow is an overstatement.

Till morning fits better considering the hour we've got the message.

And:

A MMO server was taken down for maintenance for more then 10 minutes! I'm pretty sure that SV is the only company in the world who does that ever. Damn that unjust, tricky, sneaky SV image

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

lol. It's down just some hours.

Message was Today, 03:36 (my local setting) and the sever will be up this morning, the 4th. 

• thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

'We need to make changes in the configuration'

Seems like they're doing something, no big deal.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

To all those above..

Please note that it's been about 12 hours and the server is STILL down with no update to the customers on the forums.  Also note that it was taken down during primetime on Friday night in the US...

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56435-starvault-server-information.html

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56431-server-downtime.html

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MMOrUSMMOrUS Member Posts: 414

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

To all those above..

Please note that it's been about 12 hours and the server is STILL down with no update to the customers on the forums.  Also note that it was taken down during primetime on Friday night in the US...

Well at least it wasn't primetime for the EU players, there is always a silver lining to every dark cloud =).

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

To all those above..

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56435-starvault-server-information.html

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56431-server-downtime.html

You know... one of the funniest things about MO is... every time someone steps up to defend it SV and MO like to be the ones to give them a big middle finger. 

"Hey guys, it's only down for a little while. It will be up in the morning cut them some slack."

MO "Muah haa haa haaaaa 12 hours and counting and we won't even give you an update or an estimate!"

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

most of the mo playerbase arent worried, an extra couple of days free time will make it all ok :)

if its a needed fix then theres no better time to do it than the present.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Server is now up. 13+Hr downtime.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

It should be clear by now you need loads of patience to play MO.  image  A day is really nothing...

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by HanoverZ

It should be clear by now you need loads of patience to play MO.  image  A day is really nothing...

Yeah.. it's been down 6 times since it came back up...

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Yeah.. it's been down 6 times since it came back up...

You still play, or are you just relaying info from their forums to this one?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56480-whats-excuse-time-sv.html

WOW!!!  Some rightfully pissed off "fans", it appears patience has come to an end.

I win!!! LOL@U

'You are absolutely right there is no excuse, yet you continue to state that SV is a small team and the devs need sleep. Sounds like an excuse to me.

To this I say, why are you charging $15 a month if this is the case? Your charging a premium price for an under supported mmorpg. If I wasn't paying $15 a month to play this game I would understand and agree with you on your resource analysis.

As it stands in my books if you charge a premium price we as costumers expect premium support.'

I wholeheartedly agree and has been voiced by many others.

I win!!! LOL@U

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Well, its 13 hrs downtime or you can macro in DF for the same time and....get one year closer to the "big girls" which will be one year ahead of you when you get to where they are now.

• MokweeMokwee Member Posts: 286

Mortal Online....

i wish other games were of the calibur of MO! World be better place!

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

Originally posted by ghostkicker

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56491-my-reply-maerlyn.html

That guys a ass.

I love how he Closed all the threads to Hush the subscribers who pay them to have there shitty little game online.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

I am a subscriber and really think you make a hen out of a feather. Not a big deal really.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

The server unavailable at the weekend for a couple of days is "no big deal"?  Fortunately many subscribers are coming to their senses and realising this is unacceptable, given how it happens regularly.

Patience is wearing thin on the official boards, on this issue and numerous others.

Originally posted by Diekfoo

I am a subscriber and really think you make a hen out of a feather. Not a big deal really.

At what point would it become unacceptable?

I win!!! LOL@U

• wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

Ohhh noes! Server is down....

/Irony off

Well, I wanted to play, but when the server was down I just choose to play Eve some instead. I agree that is is a hen made out of a feather, no bif deal!

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by Derpidum

Originally posted by Betel

The server unavailable at the weekend for a couple of days is "no big deal"?  Fortunately many subscribers are coming to their senses and realising this is unacceptable, given how it happens regularly.

Patience is wearing thin on the official boards, on this issue and numerous others.

Dude, I think you need to put down whatever you are smoking if 12 hours make you feel like a few days. You are clearly under time dilation effect and it can't end up good.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56480-whats-excuse-time-sv.html

12 hours only? Nope, most of the weekend the server was unavailable.

Of course the thread discussing it was locked, with Maerlyn saying "We can offer not excuse for that amount of downtime" (note he does not contradict the original post). He's right, there is no excuse for a game charging AAA prices to be this unreliable and buggy. I've seen games from university student projects more stable and less bug ridden than MO, and all SV is doing is making a mod of UE. Very badly too, as seen by the results of the reverse engineering done on their code.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Hey guys, lets leave personal attacks out of the discussion. Thanks!