Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard releases incredible amounts of bugs.

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

This is just incredible,the amount of bugs with latest update is staggering.People complaining all over the forums.

Some try to defend Bl;izzard by saying things like,you don't like it then go into the PTR,well that is a lame excuse for Blizzard.Not only should they be testing their OWN work before it is released,but to release this many bugs is staggering .

This blows the doors off what was considered unacceptable by Vanguard.The difference here is ,these are game bugs not just laggy issues like VG had.

The fact that there is so many bugs released AFTER PTR,means there was yet even more.

Here is the shimmy that proves BEST game does not WARRANT the most subs.VG bugs>>>everyone leaves.

FFXIV bugs everyone leaves

WOW TONS of bugs on just a patch let alone a full game release,do you think everyone will leave.I bet most know the answer.So are so many really playing the best game?Not a chance,worst RMT of any game,admins are saying it's the add ons causing bugs,players are complimenting the add ons,lol,it is one HUGE mess of passing the buck onto the other guy.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Wizardry

This is just incredible,the amount of bugs with latest update is staggering.People complaining all over the forums.

Some try to defend Bl;izzard by saying things like,you don't like it then go into the PTR,well that is a lame excuse for Blizzard.Not only should they be testing their OWN work before it is released,but to release this many bugs is staggering .

This blows the doors off what was considered unacceptable by Vanguard.The difference here is ,these are game bugs not just laggy issues like VG had.

The fact that there is so many bugs released AFTER PTR,means there was yet even more.

Here is the shimmy that proves BEST game does not WARRANT the most subs.VG bugs>>>everyone leaves.

WOW TONS of bugs on just a patch let alone a full game release,do you think everyone will leave.I bet most know the answer.So are so many really playing the best game?Not a chance,worst RMT of any game,admins are saying it's the add ons causing bugs,players are complimenting the add ons,lol,it is one HUGE mess of passing the buck onto the other guy.

A massive computer program has some bugs. News at 11.

I hear MS Windows/Linux/Unix/MAC OS has bugs. Confirm/Deny?

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

I dont play wow anymore, so enlight me :P WoW has been released for years, they have nothing really to prove compared to any new MMO being launched.

so what kind of bugs are you seeing? Are we talking about bugs like AOC release? Shadowbane?

FFXIV is mostly criticized about the lack of content and bad GUI. I didn't hear that much about real bugs.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I can assure of three things:

1. There are people who take things at face value and continue with their gaming lives.

2. There are people who make a big hoopla about the things they enjoy.

3. And there are people like you who attempt to keep the number 2's in check but are actually just the opposite of them and try to find fault in their enjoyment.

It's like being able to hang out with 3 different types of people:

1. realist- it's just a game.

2. idealist- it's the best game eva!

3. sociopath- no game is perfect...and I can prove it!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I was just playing a few minutes ago and me along with my guild have really suffered no bugs at all, I'm aware of the fact that there are bugs but when your pretty much changed the entire game universe you wouldn't expect it to be bug free, no? Plus I assure you that in one month 90% of these bugs will be gone, sadly can't say the same for Vanguard even though it has been I don't know how many years. Plus you exxagerate the bugs quite ridiculously, when comparing to vanguard you make it sound like the game is totally unplayable which quite frankly isn't the case. Your probably gonna call me off for defending the game but I said what need to be.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Ramonski7

I love this SO much.....that I just HAD to re-post it.

BRAVO!

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• jidarjidar Member UncommonPosts: 8

Lots of bugs? I literally have no idea what you're talking about.

• rainwolfrainwolf Member Posts: 46

I have personally noted between 0 and 0 bugs in game currently so uh... details?

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

The important thing to realize is that when players encounter bugs in game, they can react in one of two ways.

#1 - "grr, damn, a bug, oh well, I'm having so much fun with this game, I guess I can ignore it or work around it"

#2 - "grr, damn, a bug, oh what's the point, this game is nothing special anyway" (/uninstall)

You'll find that over the course of WoW's six years, the reactions have mostly been #1.

Games like FFXIV, more likely to be #2.

Bugs are only a gamebreaker if you don't have any compelling reason for people to power through.

Having said that, I haven't encountered a single bug since 4.0.3, so like jidar and rainwolf, I gotta ask.. details?

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Alot of people are looking for a change, anyway.  Rift can handle all the disgruntled.

• HappyFunBallHappyFunBall Member UncommonPosts: 221

The third choice makes you a sociopath?  WTF?

Originally posted by HappyFunBall

You say that like it's a bad thing...

It's all good, really. You just don't make for a good conversationalist.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• torigamitorigami Member Posts: 12

Did you bother to report any of these bugs or were you just happy to have a reason to bitch?

I personally have only found two bugged quests... one being Chromie's Darrowshire quest, and the goblin rocket quest that is meant to fly you from EPL to the Badlands, which inadvertantly takes you over the Twilight Highlands and kicks you back out into the Wetlands.  The first is unfortunately a bug you can't work through, I will just have to come back to the quest after they fix it.  The second is easily worked around by simply walking to the Badlands.

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

Originally posted by jidar

Lots of bugs? I literally have no idea what you're talking about.

I agree. Please list some. As a rule, Blizzard has the best testing in the biz.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

I've run across three bugs this evening, one of which I'm sure wasn't there immediately after 4.0.3 patch. Two were pretty minor, one was pretty interesting and spawned hundreds of what I think were undead trolls in the eastern plaguelands. An 80 troll hunter came along and aggroed most of them. i was there with my warlock and an 80 mage was there and they were pretty quickly aoe'd down. However, as quickly as they died when we returned to the spot they had spawned, it was like none of them were gone, they must of repawned instantly.

I tried to report these bugs, but the forum for reporting bugs was closed. Which tells me they are indeed geting a huge amount of reports, so many that they had to close the forum. We'll see how quickly they fix this stuff. Considering that I saw a number of times where the client was downloading while I played, I wouldn't be surprised if they are constantly working on it.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I can't speak for him, BUT.....what I personally thought he meant, on the "sociopath" one is......

When someone is SO OBSESSED with proving that a game isn't perfect that they become a troll and have to point out every single flaw......that IS really a little.....disturbing.   I didn't think of it as being directed at anyone in particular when I read it.   If you thought he was directing it at you, maybe he was, but.....that's not how I read it, so to me....it was comical.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by just1opinion

I can't speak for him, BUT.....what I personally thought he meant, on the "sociopath" one is......

When someone is SO OBSESSED with proving that a game isn't perfect that they become a troll and have to point out every single flaw......that IS really a little.....disturbing.   I didn't think of it as being directed at anyone in particular when I read it.   If you thought he was directing it at you, maybe he was, but.....that's not how I read it, so to me....it was comical.

Yup that's pretty much what I was getting at you know? But I've come to grips that some people just refuse to look up and see where all that noise is coming from when walking outside...

• Originally posted by Ramonski7

Yup that's pretty much what I was getting at you know? But I've come to grips that some people just refuse to look up and see where all that noise is coming from when walking outside...

Yeah ....  I suggest using a different word.  Sociopath means something quite different and quite disturbing really.

Those people might be a little nutty in that they are trying to prove something fundamentally negative and perhaps despair oriented that really disproves nothing as it all amount to "you should settle for crap".  But a sociopath is generally someone who is deceitful/highly manipulative, lacks any real empathy for others and remorseless in regards to how they affect others.

Its not the normal kind of craziness.  Be very careful who (person or collection) you level that word at its major juju.  You are basically calling someone a monster in a human's skin.

Edit:

I think the word you are looking for is perhaps nihlist or maybe cynic

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

I played vanguard at release and wow just the other night.  Can't really say I feel the are even close to comparison. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I'd be interested in knowing about how many "an incredible" amount of bugs is.  Are we talking 10, 100, or 1000?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Originally posted by Kyleran

I'd be interested in knowing about how many "an incredible" amount of bugs is.  Are we talking 10, 100, or 1000?

Theres at least 20-30 bugs some minor, some major, but none game-breaking.

• Res03Res03 Member Posts: 8

I would consider bugs like the battleground queues a major bug, but its still getting worse and worse every patch.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Boltonsquad

Welll, if most players hit that many, I can see where it would be perceived as quite annoying and not well received, thanks for putting it in perspective.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Boltonsquad
    Welll, if most players hit that many, I can see where it would be perceived as quite annoying and not well received, thanks for putting it in perspective.

No, most players are not hitting 20-30 bugs. There may well be 20-30 bugs, most players are hitting zero. Some are hitting a handful.
  • ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

OP what a load of bull. All you did was made an over the top post to bash Blizzard, Where is factual information or links to prove what you are saying?

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by gestalt11

Yeah ....  I suggest using a different word.  Sociopath means something quite different and quite disturbing really.

Those people might be a little nutty in that they are trying to prove something fundamentally negative and perhaps despair oriented that really disproves nothing as it all amount to "you should settle for crap".  But a sociopath is generally someone who is deceitful/highly manipulative, lacks any real empathy for others and remorseless in regards to how they affect others.

Its not the normal kind of craziness.  Be very careful who (person or collection) you level that word at its major juju.  You are basically calling someone a monster in a human's skin.

Edit:

I think the word you are looking for is perhaps nihlist or maybe cynic

The new list.

It's like being able to hang out with 5 different types of people:

1. realist- It's just a game.

2. idealist- it's going to be the best game eva!

3. shill- it's the best game eva!

4. pragmatist- no game is perfect...

5. troll- no game is perfect...and I can prove it!

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.