Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wizards and Champions Goofing off in Beta

KenFisherKenFisher Northwest, INPosts: 5,035Member Uncommon

Just a quick vid of me goofing off in closed beta.  Town population isn't in the buildings yet, so when mobs spawn there is a flood of vendors who chase the mobs.  For giggles, I spawned an end boss to see how the vendors would do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC5d_IzDcgc

They didn't kill him.  He reset.  But it was great to see the engine handle many things moving at once with no rubber banding.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAPosts: 2,832Member Uncommon

That definately does not look like a beta. Maybe pre alpha.

• KenFisherKenFisher Northwest, INPosts: 5,035Member Uncommon

Compared to AAA, I agree.  For a low budget indie, closed beta is a lot like alpha.  There's no budget for paid alpha so closed beta does double duty.  I've even got people in CB who are helping with lore and level design.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DedthomDedthom Knoxville, TNPosts: 541Member

So the NPC will attack monsters? I like that, I hate it when even the guards are just dungeon dressing.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• KenFisherKenFisher Northwest, INPosts: 5,035Member Uncommon

Yep, every NPC has guard AI.  If its hostile and inside our aggro range, chase it down and kill it.

I think "kite aggro to a guard and let them deal with it" is a valid strategy, especially at low levels. image